Need your help

Hi - I’m new to this site. I’m trying to figure out my strategy to manage my hair loss situation. I would like your advice on coming up with an approach that works for me.

I’m 32, east indian and am on the hairy side with my body hair. I have hair loss across the top. Im trying to figure out a strategy to manage my hair loss.

having gone through this site, it seems that people have multiple approaches including

• DHT Inhibition
  • Managing Inflamation

Im considering an approach that includes topicals as well as supplements
Im considering Propecia and Rogaine to inhibit DHT and want to figure out what else I should add to the ‘mix’ based on other peoples experiences.

here are my questions that will allow me to tailor an approach for myself. I realize that some of this is hit and try.

• Are there any other considerations besides DHT Inhibition and Inflamation that i should be considering?
  • Would you recommend Nizaoral, Keto Cream, or T-Gel? If so, which of these do you find to be effective? Any of these have bad side effects?
  • A combination of curcumin/resveratrol/toco seem to be popular. What purpose does it serve and what experiences have you had with it? I’ll post this to the Supplements forum, but thought that I’d ask anyways
  • Lamas topical seems to being used. How does this help? What side effects should I be concerned with
  • What about Maxi hair? How have your experience been with it?
  • Any products that are mentioned in these forums that you’d advise me to stay from?
  • Any other advice I should consider?

It seems that many of you are half-docs and can probably write a book on hair loss. Whats encouraging is that many of you found success. Hopefully i can pick up a few tips…

thanks in advance for your help.

Rogain does not inhibit DHT, if you are to use Rogain, use the foam, not the spray.

I would add Nizoral shampoo.

» Rogain does not inhibit DHT, if you are to use Rogain, use the foam, not
» the spray.
»
» I would add Nizoral shampoo.

thanks! What benefit does Nizoral provide? I believe they provide a cream option as well, is that better?

» » Rogain does not inhibit DHT, if you are to use Rogain, use the foam, not
» » the spray.
» »
» » I would add Nizoral shampoo.
»
» thanks! What benefit does Nizoral provide? I believe they provide a cream
» option as well, is that better?

Nizoral is the name brand. The active ingredient in Nizoral is Ketoconazole, it is used to treat fungal infections. “It binds to the fungal p450 enzymes and stops the cells making ergosterol, the main component of the cell wall. With its high affinity for fungal cell membranes, Ketoconazole is commonly used for treating dandruff (an uninflamed form of seborrhoeic dermatitis).”

Many people here report good results including Nizoral or Keto in their hair treatment regimen.

There are studies which suggest Keto can promote hair growth too.

Seems like Keto cream is not easy to get? Could you recommend a trusted online retailer?

» Seems like Keto cream is not easy to get? Could you recommend a trusted
» online retailer?

Not sure. Ask other members in the forum, maybe they can help.

Some Keto info and pictures posted by Hanging
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116.html

The six Japanese males from 23 to 51 years old were enrolled in this study with their written informed consent. They presented with grade II vertex to IVa AGA according to the Hamilton–Norwood classification [4]. The subjects applied topical 2% KCZ lotion (Nizoral®) almost every day during or immediately after hair washing with their own unmedicated shampoos. When they revisited our clinic every several months, clinical pictures were obtained to determine the efficacy of the treatment. Two of the men, one 23 years old with grade II vertex and the other 25 years old with Va AGA, showed remarkable hair regrowth after 6 and 10 months, respectively (Fig. 1). The 23-year-old male stopped using KCZ and 3 months later hair loss recurrence on the vertex was noted (Fig. 1c). When he started using KCZ again during shampooing, hairs on the vertex grew again after 3 months (Fig. 1d). These findings constitute evidence of the clinical efficacy of KCZ for AGA. A 41-year-old male showed a slight increase in vertex hair growth after 1 year. Other three of the men, 31, 38 and 51 years old did not show significant improvement. These findings suggest that topical KCZ with shampoo can be effective for some males with AGA.

more at
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116.html

Hairsite - the results are truly impressive and thanks for pointing me to the link…very informative.

I suppose topicals are pretty tricky, it might depend on your metabolism, the type of your hair, skin and maybe many other factors if you show any improvements when using them or not, so the only way to find out is using them yourself