Need advice for HT doc!

Hello everybody. I’m here because I need some help finding a ht doctor. I’m a 4A norwood, and am strongly considering a surgery. I had a consultation with Rassman and Pak, but didn’t walk away satisfied with what they had told me, and I can’t seem to find any info online about customers’ results with them. All I can find is stuff that they post themselves. So I’m currently looking for a doctor.
The idea of doing this is quite daunting to me, as I worry that I will need another procedure in years to come, which I would like to avoid. Oh, and I’ve been taking finasteride for 4 months now with no noticeable results. By that I mean that my hair loss doesn’t seem to have even slowed down. I’m not really expecting regrowth from it.
Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What is your age? Can you upload some pics or email me the pics at hairsite@aol.com? It’s hard to offer any suggestions without seeing some pics showing the extent of your thinning.

Sometimes it may take up to 6 months or even longer before you see any results from Propecia. For best results, most people use Propecia together with a good topical minoxidil formula.

I’m 37. I don’t have a camera at this time, so I can’t post any pictures. I started thinning at around 24. My hair was pretty sweet, so it’s taken a while for it to really be noticeable. But It’s becoming much harder to hide. It’s blonde, so that helps.
I’m assuming I would get a strip surgery due to costs, and NHI recommended 2500 grafts for me. I’m really just trying to find out who would be a good doctor for me to do a consult with next.
It’s funny, everyone says “do your research”, but sites like this seem to be the only places to do that. And there seems to be some “selling” going on in here too. Makes it really hard to get the real facts, you know?

» I’m 37. I don’t have a camera at this time, so I can’t post any pictures.
» I started thinning at around 24. My hair was pretty sweet, so it’s taken a
» while for it to really be noticeable. But It’s becoming much harder to
» hide. It’s blonde, so that helps.
» I’m assuming I would get a strip surgery due to costs, and NHI recommended
» 2500 grafts for me. I’m really just trying to find out who would be a good
» doctor for me to do a consult with next.
» It’s funny, everyone says “do your research”, but sites like this seem to
» be the only places to do that. And there seems to be some “selling” going
» on in here too. Makes it really hard to get the real facts, you know?

Please make sure you thoroughly understand the difference between STRIP and FUE. If you have done all your homework and still decided on getting STRIP, have a consultation with Hasson and Wong. Few would dispute that they are one of the best names for strip nowadays.

» Hello everybody. I’m here because I need some help finding a ht doctor.
» I’m a 4A norwood, and am strongly considering a surgery. I had a
» consultation with Rassman and Pak, but didn’t walk away satisfied with what
» they had told me, and I can’t seem to find any info online about customers’
» results with them. All I can find is stuff that they post themselves. So
» I’m currently looking for a doctor.
» The idea of doing this is quite daunting to me, as I worry that I will
» need another procedure in years to come, which I would like to avoid. Oh,
» and I’ve been taking finasteride for 4 months now with no noticeable
» results. By that I mean that my hair loss doesn’t seem to have even slowed
» down. I’m not really expecting regrowth from it.
» Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Give Fin a chance while you do your research, 4 months is really to early to tell if it is working for you, give it 12 - 18 months to work for you. You might not see alot of regrowth but it could very well stop your progression and you may see some thickening.

Some people say adding an L-Lysine supplement makes finastreride significantly more effective. Worth a try. Very cheap. I take 500 mg a day with my propecia, seems to work a little better.

» » Hello everybody. I’m here because I need some help finding a ht doctor.
»
» » I’m a 4A norwood, and am strongly considering a surgery. I had a
» » consultation with Rassman and Pak, but didn’t walk away satisfied with
» what
» » they had told me, and I can’t seem to find any info online about
» customers’
» » results with them. All I can find is stuff that they post themselves.
» So
» » I’m currently looking for a doctor.
» » The idea of doing this is quite daunting to me, as I worry that I will
» » need another procedure in years to come, which I would like to avoid.
» Oh,
» » and I’ve been taking finasteride for 4 months now with no noticeable
» » results. By that I mean that my hair loss doesn’t seem to have even
» slowed
» » down. I’m not really expecting regrowth from it.
» » Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
»
» Some people say adding an L-Lysine supplement makes finastreride
» significantly more effective. Worth a try. Very cheap. I take 500 mg a day
» with my propecia, seems to work a little better.

Yea, lysine is worth a try, you may want to up the dose to see if you works even better for you, someone in the all natural board said he uses 1500mg a day.

»
» Please make sure you thoroughly understand the difference between STRIP
» and FUE. If you have done all your homework and still decided on getting
» STRIP, have a consultation with Hasson and Wong. Few would dispute that
» they are one of the best names for strip nowadays.

Hairsite makes a good point “Please make sure you thoroughly understand the difference between STRIP and FUE.”

Choosing rather you want FUE or strip first will help you in your choice of doctor.

I’ve been taking lysine with the fin since I started taking it. Maybe I’ll up the dose on that. I just don’t like taking a lot of pills all day, so it’s hard to get into the habit.
Another question I want to ask is, is a transplant REALLY worth it? Yes, having hair is extremely important to me, but are the results going to be good enough that I feel like I did the right thing? or will I walk away thinking I just wasted a bunch of money? I know asking this is really a matter of opinion, but I’m having a hard time really getting a feel for the ratio of happy satisfied patients to the disappointed ones. I welcome your opinions on this. Thanks!

» I’ve been taking lysine with the fin since I started taking it. Maybe I’ll
» up the dose on that. I just don’t like taking a lot of pills all day, so
» it’s hard to get into the habit.
» Another question I want to ask is, is a transplant REALLY worth it? Yes,
» having hair is extremely important to me, but are the results going to be
» good enough that I feel like I did the right thing? or will I walk away
» thinking I just wasted a bunch of money? I know asking this is really a
» matter of opinion, but I’m having a hard time really getting a feel for the
» ratio of happy satisfied patients to the disappointed ones. I welcome your
» opinions on this. Thanks!

Hair transplant is a surgical procedure. There will always be risks involved. Even the best doctors in the world have their share of unhappy patients for whatever reasons. It’s best that you do nothing and sit on the sideline for a while. You will know it when you are ready. Doing nothing can sometimes be the best option.

Well I’m at the point where I think I’m ready. I’ve been sitting on the sidelines for almost a year now. My first consult was 6 months ago, and I walked away confused. Still, the information I find is hard to decipher, and it’s hard to tell if I’m getting facts, or a sales pitch.

Hasson and wong if you do strip…

» Well I’m at the point where I think I’m ready. I’ve been sitting on the
» sidelines for almost a year now. My first consult was 6 months ago, and I
» walked away confused. Still, the information I find is hard to decipher,
» and it’s hard to tell if I’m getting facts, or a sales pitch.

Send in your hairloss photos to 4 or 5 different clinics for an online evaluation. You can then compare the differest evals from the different Doctors. This might help with some of the confusion.

» Well I’m at the point where I think I’m ready. I’ve been sitting on the
» sidelines for almost a year now. My first consult was 6 months ago, and I
» walked away confused. Still, the information I find is hard to decipher,
» and it’s hard to tell if I’m getting facts, or a sales pitch.

I highly recommend you take CoQ10 and curcumin/resveratrol alternating every other day. I’ve been on so many supplements, and my shedding virtually stopped after I started these. Read my full story in the supplement section, under “I highly recommend these supplements”. This is not a sales pitch, I am in no way associated with CoQ10 or curcumin/resveratrol financially.

If you still get a ht, this is fine, but if you are on these two, at least you won’t lose any hair after the ht if you respond to it as I did.

"Please make sure you thoroughly understand the difference between STRIP and FUE. If you have done all your homework and still decided on getting STRIP, have a consultation with Hasson and Wong. Few would dispute that they are one of the best names for strip nowadays. "

True enough, you should choose a number of clinics to consult with, but if Strip Surgery is being considered then Hasson & Wong is a clinic that is a definite candidate.

» » Well I’m at the point where I think I’m ready. I’ve been sitting on the
» » sidelines for almost a year now. My first consult was 6 months ago, and
» I
» » walked away confused. Still, the information I find is hard to
» decipher,
» » and it’s hard to tell if I’m getting facts, or a sales pitch.
»
» I highly recommend you take CoQ10 and curcumin/resveratrol alternating
» every other day. I’ve been on so many supplements, and my shedding
» virtually stopped after I started these. Read my full story in the
» supplement section, under “I highly recommend these supplements”. This is
» not a sales pitch, I am in no way associated with CoQ10 or
» curcumin/resveratrol financially.
»
» If you still get a ht, this is fine, but if you are on these two, at least
» you won’t lose any hair after the ht if you respond to it as I did.

Bucket huch CoQ10 and Curcumin do you take? What else do you use ?

Thank you all so much for your comments and suggestions. I am looking into those supplements. I just loove taking a handful of pills every day, but I’ll do it if it works!
Another question: Are the results from an FUE as good as a strip procedure? I can’t quite tell if it is or not. I do understand that there is less of, or no scar with FUE, and that is important. But are the transplant results as good as with a strip? I know that sometimes a “pioneering technique” can sometimes get more hype, but still not be as good. If anyone can enlighten me on this, that would be a big help. Thanks again, and Happy New Year!

In my opinion, having looked at HT results over many years, I think that the best Strip clinics get the best yield.

I wish it were not so but that is my observation, however, I should add that there is ZERO consensus on this and many other experienced observers and HT experts will disagree with me, saying that in their view that FUE has equal or even greater yield than Strip.

As ever with the HT jungle, you will have to make your own decision on the matter and that will require a lot of research.

» In my opinion, having looked at HT results over many years, I think that
» the best Strip clinics get the best yield.
»
» I wish it were not so but that is my observation, however, I should add
» that there is ZERO consensus on this and many other experienced observers
» and HT experts will disagree with me, saying that in their view that FUE
» has equal or even greater yield than Strip.
»
» As ever with the HT jungle, you will have to make your own decision on the
» matter and that will require a lot of research.

Idiotguy, (nice name btw, lol)

One thing I would recommend in your quest to find a doctor is to ask to see patients in person if possible. This is big, as you can see pictures on-line, but to actually see the person and talk to them should really help you see what is possible. You need to have realistic expectations.

I’m 30 years old and NW 4, was really thinking about an HT a few the last few years, but mainly unable to do so because of financial reasons. Once you go down the path of an HT it is highly unlikely that you will not need follow-up procedures down the road.

There are some very good STRIP docs out there, just keep in mind you will have a scar on the back of your head. But there are procedures guys have done to fill in the scar later with donor hair. Not necessarily knocking STRIP but this is the reality.

FUE is another option, but from what I have seen usually yields less and is more costly. But if you have the money and find a doctor you are comfortable with than good luck.

Not to go off on my own tangent about myself. But I’ve recently come to the realization for myself that not having hair isn’t so bad, it isn’t my ideal situation. I’ve dumped out my Propecia, and am looking at some Natural alternatives to help prevent my hairloss as I sit back and hope for Hair Cloning. If it never happens, oh well, I will still be me and live my life. But if it does, well I’ll be ready.

Good luck,

missmyhair

I know that sometimes a “pioneering technique” can sometimes get more hype, but still not be as good.

I would not call Fue a Pioneering technique. It has been around over a decade now and is being performed by some of the most well known and respected doctors in the world, Dr. Feller, Dr. Armani, Dr. Woods to name a few.

Fue is a proven technology but remember, FUE is performed differerently by different doctors. Dr. Armani has his own version of FUE that allows him to judge the angle, depth and direction of the follicle during extraction with specially designed tools that he created.

Just as Strip is performed differently by different doctors. Because you choose Strip does not mean you will automaticaly receive a great result. The same with Fue. You can have a great result with either strip or Fue, and you can have a bad result with either strip or Fue. Neither is a guarantee.

This is why choosing a doctor that has perfected his / her technique and produces consistant results is so important.