Naturals Combined with Drugs

Neither MSM or horsetail will protect your hair in those “DHT-susceptible” areas of the scalp.

» Neither MSM or horsetail will protect your hair in those “DHT-susceptible”
» areas of the scalp.

I never said it would
you need to address the DHT also, or
eventually
the supps effect will be ineffective

» » so because there is excess being excreted how do you know that the body
» did
» » not need and use half of what was ingested?
»
» I don’t know. My point is that it doesn’t matter. A cheap
» commercial product like Maxi Hair will do nothing to protect you in those
» “DHT-susceptible areas” of the scalp.

Depends on which stage of hairloss you are at

example, what is rogaine? a vasodilator
thats it, its a heart medication originally with side effects of hair regrowth

so what natural B vitamin mimics this? Niacin of course is such a strong vasodilator it will flush your skin red and make you nauseous if you take too much

in the early stages of hair loss , I had EXCELLENT results with vits/minerals alone. since the DHT buildup was in the initial stages, I feel I staved off my fallout for about 15 yrs with the supps. I started thinning the exact same age as my dad, exact same pattern, He was BALD by age 25, nw6
I would have been if not for the supps

EVENTUALLY since I was doing nothing for the DHT, my supps stopped working, but that was 20 years later , my hair was doing terrible in 1999 before i added DHT blockers. Now granted, I am an excellent responder to DHT blockers, but in my case FOR SURE the DHT blockers work and they continue to work 12 years later. I KNOW the supps staved off my speed of my hairloss for those 20 years, and I KNOW the DHT blockers have worked miracles for me in the last 12 yrs since then.

So dont tell me that the supps dont have any effect. they have a huge effect in the initial stages of hair loss, and their effectiveness diminishes as the DHT buildup continues to worsen.

The operative word in all of this is “initial(ly).” I, myself, responded very well to, for example, the old Advecia hair loss supplement (vitamins and minerals), initially. But as I have stated ad nauseum, the body will build up a tolerance to these type of commercial products within three - six months, give or take, rendering them ineffective. This view has been supported countless times by many people here and at other forums.

So I have found my experience with vitamins/minerals/DHT blockers to be the norm. What areas of the scalp have you maintained with these particular supplements? The sides and back are not traditionally known as DHT-susceptible areas, so you are being disingenuous when you boldly state that “I have maintained my hair with vitamins and DHT blockers for 12 years,” especially when you fail to specify that these maintained areas are other than the crown and temples.

» The operative word in all of this is “initial(ly).” I, myself, responded
» very well to, for example, the old Advecia hair loss supplement (vitamins
» and minerals), initially. But as I have stated ad nauseum, the body
» will build up a tolerance to these type of commercial products within three
» - six months, give or take, rendering them ineffective. This view has been
» supported countless times by many people here and at other forums.
»
» So I have found my experience with vitamins/minerals/DHT blockers to be the
» norm. What areas of the scalp have you maintained with these particular
» supplements? The sides and back are not traditionally known as
» DHT-susceptible areas, so you are being disingenuous when you boldly state
» that “I have maintained my hair with vitamins and DHT blockers for 12
» years,” especially when you fail to specify that these maintained areas are
» other than the crown and temples.

sides and back are not DHT susceptible? LOL tell that to the NW6 And 7s
the side and back hair are not only susceptible to balding as In bald partline going down on the sides 3 inches from the partline, but the hair on the sides and back thins so dramatically that it hardly even grows, as hairloss gets worse and worse

I have maintained my sides and back and they THICKENED about 300 percent after 2 yrs on the DHT blockers, Does side/back hair normally thicken this much? My side and back hair was PAPER thin in 1999 when I started the DHT blockers, now its so thick I have to really remember to cut it

The top? It gradually got worse over twenty years of supps, since I was taking NOTHING to address DHT, the crown was gone since my late 20s, 10 yrs before I ever took anything for the DHT. But the top from the crown forward to the hairline and temples maintained nicely. If I went in now to fix the crown and asked for a transplant, I am certain the doc would say, frankly you do not need work done on your frontal hairline, frontal half of your top hair. Only the crown.

Now people would say, well you lost the crown so the supps did not work. Well, the crown loss was gradual over a period of like 15 yrs but after 35 my crown was pretty much shot, HOWEVER it was not receding downwards in the back, nor was it expanding beyond the part lines to either side.
Well the supps didnt work then, people say. Well let me just say this. My hair was thinning way faster than Matt Lauers hair ever was, and he is nearly NW 6 now after about 8 years, and I have WAY WAY more hair than he does, 30 yrs after I started thinning. I still have ALL my top front hairline and frontal top hair, (well maybe not all but, from the front, even a few years ago my regimen was working so well my dad accused me of wearing a toupee)

Anyways, you think what you want, The supps do NOT stop working after 6 months, If they did I certainly would not be spending 30 to 40 bucks a month on them for 20 yrs. If your regimen works for you great, but why do you find it necessary to be on a mission to PROVE that supps lose their effectiveness after 6 months. Thats Bullcrap and you know it

Admittedly, the crown is a trouble spot for many.

That you have maintained the rest of your hair (especially the temples) is, in my opinion, nothing short of a miracle. I can’t recall anyone else that has been able to do so (for so long) on a regimen of DHT blockers, vitamins, and minerals. But, you appear to be living proof that it can happen.

» Admittedly, the crown is a trouble spot for many.
»
» That you have maintained the rest of your hair (especially the temples) is,
» in my opinion, nothing short of a miracle. I can’t recall anyone else that
» has been able to do so (for so long) on a regimen of DHT blockers,
» vitamins, and minerals. But, you appear to be living proof that it can
» happen.

I am also not saying that my temples and my frontal hairline is like it was in high school, there has been degradation loss in that area, but in comparison to the crown? well its nothing,

from the front, honestly its not that apparent that I am losing my hair,

Overall yes, my entire hairline crown etc, even with the fact that the supps are working and maintaining, year by year there is a gradual progression, I think no matter who you are, and no matter what supps you are taking, no matter how “successful” you think your regimen is, time marches on.

Also guys with normal hair that is not receding or who do not have MPB, as they age , the hair degrades, it gets thinner, it gets gray,
so , we all just try to do the best we can

how is your hair doing btw, overall

» Overall yes, my entire hairline crown etc, even with the fact that the
» supps are working and maintaining, year by year there is a gradual
» progression, I think no matter who you are, and no matter what supps you
» are taking, no matter how “successful” you think your regimen is, time
» marches on.
»
» Also guys with normal hair that is not receding or who do not have MPB, as
» they age , the hair degrades, it gets thinner, it gets gray,
» so , we all just try to do the best we can
»
» how is your hair doing btw, overall

I am thankful to have maintained my hair/some regrowth with a combination of herbs in my present regimen for almost three years now - an accomplishment. And with a good haircut, my hair loss is barely noticeable, unless someone was to come up real close. Still, I would love to see the hair in my crown and temple areas thicken up some more. But I have come to the realization, as have you, that this will be impossible to do on supplements alone.

Would love to find a good natural topical.

» Can natural supps be taken in combination with drugs for hairloss? I take
» as stated in my sig 3 treatments for my hair, none of which are natural
» treatments. I was contemplating on (and already purchased) saw palmetto,
» biotin, and vitamin b complex to add to my current regimen… will it help
» or it useless?
at least you use a lemon that you take from your tree, there are not such thing as natural treatment. All this things you mention have as much chemical process us any other drugs.