Naturalness in building hair line w/WHTC (Dr Mwamba)

Our aim today in hair transplant is to make it undetectable .
FIT/CIT allows us to move freely around the donor area and cherry pick specific grafts we need.For instance, hair line work required the thinnest grafts (singles and doubles) that will be placed as close as possible to achieve fullness.
This type of detailed work lead us to make minors corrections such as receding temples in this NW2 patient with great impact in their side .

Hello Dr. Mwamba,

nice work, is it a man or a woman?
How many grafts, and did you made patches shaven?
How old is the patient, and does he takes medical treatment too?

» Hello Dr. Mwamba,
»
» nice work, is it a man or a woman?
» How many grafts, and did you made patches shaven?
» How old is the patient, and does he takes medical treatment too?

Very subtle, probably 150-200 grafts on each side.

» Hello Dr. Mwamba,
»
» nice work, is it a man or a woman?
» How many grafts, and did you made patches shaven?
» How old is the patient, and does he takes medical treatment too?

It is a 23yo man who had a FIT patchy shaven.
Because his father is bald ,he started to take rogaine and propecia since the first signs of hair loss.Last year he switched to dutastaride (he is not convinced it is better than propecia).
After close examination we found out no signs of miniaturisation (hair discoloration and/or decrease in hair caliber) from front to back except in the temples.We decided to bring back his old hair line with 350 grafts in the right side and 150 in the left.

I thaught it would be more, nice work, what density you made?
And have you got more pictures, donor etc.?

» I thaught it would be more, nice work, what density you made?
» And have you got more pictures, donor etc.?

I did 45 FU per cm2 .
This result is at 7 months post op.We didn’t take donor pictures at this point .He has so many hairs and It was really hard to take the pictures that could reveal the scalp below.
I can show you the pre-op donor.When someone has longer hair the patchy area is a litle bit bigger.

dr mwamba do you plan on trying acell on any sort of strip procedures or tightly stitched revisions, if the powder could be mixed with something like emu oil, one could continually apply to a fresh wound even after it scabs over to see if it can enhance/eliminate any sort of scar? thanks

» Our aim today in hair transplant is to make it undetectable .
» FIT/CIT allows us to move freely around the donor area and cherry pick
» specific grafts we need.For instance, hair line work required the thinnest
» grafts (singles and doubles) that will be placed as close as possible to
» achieve fullness.
» This type of detailed work lead us to make minors corrections such as
» receding temples in this NW2 patient with great impact in their side .
»
»
»
»
I really like this result. Very natural looking as you describe.
Honestly though I dont think from what I can see he really needed it done.
Its not a criticism, just my opinion from what I can see from pics. Pics ofcourse dont always show the true extent of hair loss sometimes though.

I am happy you point it out.
When I saw him during the first consult ,I told him he doesn’t need it and he should stick to medical therapy. BUT There was a big psychology problem (hair loss phobia).This patient,being a A student ,was ready to drop his class .He was depressed and I was surprised how deep he was destroyed by his condition and the thought about the future.We started to work with a psychiatrist and among the treatment ,the psychiatrist advise me to do the surgery .
This patient recalled me a report case during the ISHRS meeting where the doctor has to treat a 17yo boy.
The psychological component must be included in our planning for hair care.