Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

My success

hey all,

for some reason i couldnt log on to my old account, i think i used the same name “shortywcb.” anyhoo i feel like i am now able to fully tell you of my success story.

i have been losing hair ever since getting off bcp about 4-5 years ago. after a couple years of hair loss, i began having terrible cystic acne and body hair growth (ie. wispy hairs all along neck, black hairs on upper lip, tummy hair, etc.) i used to have perfect skin and now i had to deal with not only a balding head in my twenties but now a scarred face and hairy body. :frowning:
i also suffer from terrible sweating in my armpits, and very oily skin and hair.

i have went to many doctors, done tons of hours of research online, had numerous blood tests done, tried ever shampoo, pill, u name it–but nothing worked.

i used spiro by itself for a year and had no success with my skin or hair. in fact, the spiro made me have my period 3 weeks of the month so i stopped taking it.

another year went by and i made the desperate decision to start orthotricylen again but this time paired it with spiro. i hated the idea of getting on bcp again since that is what i blame my issues on in the first place.

now, what i am about to tell you is crazy, but after just 4 days–the hair loss all but stopped. my face was perfectly clear in one week. i’m still oily and sweaty but not near as much as i was.

i am on my 7 month of orthotricyclen and spiro now and my success has only been greater. my hair does not shed anymore. i lose maybe around 10 hairs a day that i actually am aware of. of course, we dont see the hair that falls out normally if we arent paying attention. so i know i lose more than 10 most likely but not in an abnormal manner. i used to have to pick it off my clothes every five seconds, etc.

i know it is the pill combination that is saving me because when i stop the pill each month to take the inactive pills, my hair loss comes back and so does the acne in a matter of days. therefore, i take the pill continuously and do not give myself a break. which also means no period.

i do have side effects and they are the follwing: cramping, moodiness, more discharge than normal. however, these side effects are acceptable to me considering its that or being bald and have acne.

another thing i need to note is that though my hairloss and acne are gone, i do not see any regrowth of the hair i lost at this time. in any event, just knowing my hair isnt falling out and that i dont have big zits on my face really gives me the confidence of being a woman again. (also my boobs are fuller which is great.)

i hope this helps you and as i have said in previous posts, please feel free to email me personally if you would like. i am more than happy to give you any details you need or help you in any possible way i can. i will try to check this site more often as well. i will post this in other sections to try and reach as much people as i can.

take care,

nicole
shortywcb@aol.com

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.