My HT changed my life

Hi,

I want to say this. My ht changed my life. i was unhappy and im happy now. doesnt matter who my doc was or how many grafts I got or how it looks now. Im in month 5, so the most part has to come.

people who read here often know who I am and who my doc was. but i could have gone to another top doc too. im thankful for my doc though. he s a good one.

i dont think most people can turn their life that much around with a ht like i did. i have to say that, not that anyone thinks i want to talk him/her into a ht. i dont want to.

i just say HT is a damn good thing. im only sad i did it so late. im 25 now, should have done it with 20. that to say against all the voices who say “dont do a ht under 30”. Bullsht! big big bullshit! it always depends on who you are.

this is especially to TheFittest. you are a cool guy. but my life would have been so much better in these 2 years if i had done the HT earlier. my fault, coz i listened to you.

Who is your doctor, how expensive is he, can you post some pictures please?

good that you are happy but you are only 25 and the fittest as well as other people who had transplants had bad suprises in time when they had to chase their hairloss forever with transplants. Only to find out that it would look less and less natural as the native hair were departing for good.

At 25 i was nw1 with only minoxidil keeping my hair which i started at 22 when hairloss became noticable. At 28 my temples receded and turned nw3 and also my crown became thinner. At that time i met transplant doctors some of them willing to fill in my temples and rebuild my hairline others (bless them) they told me to wait and use propecia. I tried propecia had to give up due to sides after a year and a half(my hair were amazing at the time thanx to propecia crown and mid area was full!!!)… Now i am 32 nw6 and the doctors that were willing to bring me from nw3 to nw1 at the time now said i have to have a high hairline and that i am not a good candidate for both front and crown restoration and i should try propecia again along with my transplant for the best result and thickening of the crown. I was a good candidate a few years back never the less lol.

Its all BS, they rely on propecia and restore youngsters hair, if propecia fails the scenario is dark…people that are nw6 are better off because they have realistic expectations and the doctor knows with what he is working with and doesnt rely on propecia so much…they just hope you get on it to avoid further thinning and revival of weak hair that are there, for how long…noone knows.

one thing is for sure though if you are 20 or 23 or 25 or 28 or i dont know what and you are nw6 you obviously dont have to wait until you are 30 :)…i guess the warning was for people like me who still hadnt lost their native hair and their hairloss was still at the early stages.

So i guess moral of the story for me…thank god i listened to people like the fittest back then.

» Who is your doctor, how expensive is he, can you post some pictures please?

He got 3200 grafts with Doctor Mwamba, you can find his post op pics thread if you do a search.

Helpme007, Can you please post some pics of your results to date?!, posting pics helps us all with our decisions

» » Who is your doctor, how expensive is he, can you post some pictures
» please?
»
» He got 3200 grafts with Doctor Mwamba, you can find his post op pics
» thread if you do a search.
»
» Helpme007, Can you please post some pics of your results to date?!,
» posting pics helps us all with our decisions

Dr Mwamba is a well known doctor, isn’t his clinic affiliated with Dr. Cole’s?

» » » Who is your doctor, how expensive is he, can you post some pictures
» » please?
» »
» » He got 3200 grafts with Doctor Mwamba, you can find his post op pics
» » thread if you do a search.
» »
» » Helpme007, Can you please post some pics of your results to date?!,
» » posting pics helps us all with our decisions
»
» Dr Mwamba is a well known doctor, isn’t his clinic affiliated with Dr.
» Cole’s?

dr. mwamba worked for dr. cole in the past. he works similar to dr. cole, because he learned at dr. coles clinic.

i will post some pics at 6 months post op.

Helpme, like you, I had a hair transplant at the age of 23 as well. I’m almost 25 now, and almost two years post op from my Alvi Armani surgery. I couldn’t agree with you more. If you find a great surgeon, there is no reason why you shouldn’t have that procedure because it can definitely be a life changing experience for the better.

If you start smoking crack, you are risking getting addicted and screwing up your life.

But if you buy top-grade crack, and get yourself fully informed before you start . . . the risk is not reduced very much.

» If you start smoking crack, you are risking getting addicted and screwing
» up your life.
»
» But if you buy top-grade crack, and get yourself fully informed before you
» start . . . the risk is not reduced very much.
lol. nice.

» If you start smoking crack, you are risking getting addicted and screwing
» up your life.
»
» But if you buy top-grade crack, and get yourself fully informed before you
» start . . . the risk is not reduced very much.

You can’t compare smoking crack to getting hair transplant, one is a vice and the other is a treatment for a medical condition.

» » If you start smoking crack, you are risking getting addicted and
» screwing
» » up your life.
» »
» » But if you buy top-grade crack, and get yourself fully informed before
» you
» » start . . . the risk is not reduced very much.
»
» You can’t compare smoking crack to getting hair transplant, one is a vice
» and the other is a treatment for a medical condition.

It makes more sense comparing to rogaine or Propecia, they are all drugs and you can call that addictive because if you have to use both for life.

I thought about it and I won’t post pics at 6 months. its because i dont want to think anything anymore about hair. I just wanna live my life.

bye

» I thought about it and I won’t post pics at 6 months. its because i dont
» want to think anything anymore about hair. I just wanna live my life.
»
» bye

Thats too bad Helpme007, sharing your story might help others. It’s great that yo uare happy though! My Ht changed my life around in a similar positive way. Best of luck to you.

» » I thought about it and I won’t post pics at 6 months. its because i dont
» » want to think anything anymore about hair. I just wanna live my life.
» »
» » bye

That’s pretty selfish Helpme, considering how many questions you’ve asked and how much you’ve gotten out of this forum

» » » I thought about it and I won’t post pics at 6 months. its because i
» dont
» » » want to think anything anymore about hair. I just wanna live my life.
»
» » »
» » » bye
»
» That’s pretty selfish Helpme, considering how many questions you’ve asked
» and how much you’ve gotten out of this forum

ya, i know. I got a problem with these hairloss-forums. i use them to moan about hairloss. that was a big problem for my happiness level. the two things i can do to avoid this moaning are first to avoid these forums. and second i now promise not to moan anymore in here. I promise this by my life. if you ever see me moaning in here again, please shoot me.

» » » I thought about it and I won’t post pics at 6 months. its because i
» dont
» » » want to think anything anymore about hair. I just wanna live my life.
»
» » »
» » » bye
»
» That’s pretty selfish Helpme, considering how many questions you’ve asked
» and how much you’ve gotten out of this forum

No kidding, what a selfish, self centered, narcissistic brat.

» I thought about it and I won’t post pics at 6 months. its because i dont
» want to think anything anymore about hair. I just wanna live my life.
»
» bye

wow…i’ve seen years of your postings and depressing threads about suicide and hairloss and why HM isnt coming fast enough and questions about HT, etc etc etc etc…and now you have a chance to show off how your bickering and wining has ended thanks to this forum info and HT and you reply like that.

there are probably tons of young posters in your similar position who could benefit form your story. you probably wouldnt even have an HT today had it not been for others sharing their story to you and answering questions.

grow up.

I have some pictures here, but i dont get it to delete my face with windows paint. its such a f*cking tool.

any tips?

» I have some pictures here, but i dont get it to delete my face with windows
» paint. its such a f*cking tool.
»
» any tips?

Send them to the admin of the forum, maybe he can block your face for you.