Most Recent Surgery with Dr. Woods

I have just completed two more corrective surgeries with Dr. Woods. I now have just over 6000 grafts. The progress has been very good and Dr. Woods has the most recent video. I had work done in the frontal hairline, donor area and some in the crown. I am still not sure why people do not like Dr. Woods. He is very compassionate and cares about his work. He is not one to mince words-He is very very honest. Some people want to only hear what they want and in this field the Doctors know this. Thus many will tell their patients what they want to hear and never deliver a satisfactory result. Dr. Woods is in many ways cautious not to get ones hopes too high but always finds grafts, uses them wisely and I always get good growth. In other words he gives you more than what one may expect. I have had five doctors (not including Dr. Woods) and they all told me how bad the previous doctor was only to find out they were all bad. So I know this field as I go back to having transplants since 1986. Even then there were the flashy photos & videos. (No Internet back then) I was in a video in 1990 for MHR- They grew my hair long combed it forward and told every one how happy I was. It was a joke. They never showed the back or the various scalp reduction scars. This field is not one that is well respected and I feel that Dr. Woods is actually way above this practice of medicine. I am glad that he was able to improve my condition dramatically. I wish the best to all and would like to warn everyone that this is surgery and it is always best to be cautious. Thanks Ray for all of your help.

It’s good to hear you are getting some resoluton. Our history is similar, but it’s sounds like I have less donor. I’m still hoping for the best possible outcome.

It would be better for doctors to under promise and over deliver but unfortuantely it is exactly the opposite with most clinics.

I like Dr. Woods, well put it this way, I don’t know Dr Woods enough to dislike him, how about that. I do not dislike him, I just find him to be intimidating, he’s like this authority figure, very strict, he came across as someone who would smack me if I asked for a hairline that is too low. When i am ready for fue, I prefer to deal with someone whom I feel comfortable negotiating about the design.

» I like Dr. Woods, well put it this way, I don’t know Dr Woods enough to
» dislike him, how about that. I do not dislike him, I just find him to be
» intimidating, he’s like this authority figure, very strict, he came across
» as someone who would smack me if I asked for a hairline that is too low.
» When i am ready for fue, I prefer to deal with someone whom I feel
» comfortable negotiating about the design.

My doctor,and his unlicensed “staff” made me feel very comfortable + told me alot of wonderful things.That was the last time in my life that I felt comfortable.

@Topcat
Unfortunate for who?When is that unfortunate for “them” ?

I wish you well topcat. Yes we both were harmed by Dr. Brandy. Dr. Woods is not really intimidating but very cautious. I too wanted a very low hairline at first and in this last surgery he did redo my hairline and lowered it. It may never be a very low hairline but in my case he had to use so many grafts for the botched Donor area and crown that graft management was crucial. I still have a small amount of donor left but not much. That is what is awesome about him. His management of the donor to recipient site is priceless. He did correct my hairline as it was crooked on the right side in this last session. Once you get to know him he really is a super great guy. Perhaps for some he comes off a bit gruff or outspoken but in reality he is very honest and never would hurt anyone for his own profit. People must realize that a good Dr. will look at the whole picture. He took me outside in the sun and analyzed all angles. He always states that we must do what is right for the whole picture and this is true as people see us from all sides. I told him picture me in a restaurant and what others see is what you see- he and I both agreed as to where I needed the most grafting. I will agree that framing the face is the most important & he has always done the grafting where I have asked for and needed it most since the beginning. I believe that a conservative approach is best as you can always have more work done rather than graft aggressively and waste donor that may be needed furthur down the road. This is what I can offer as advice since having surgeries since 1986.

» » I like Dr. Woods, well put it this way, I don’t know Dr Woods enough to
» » dislike him, how about that. I do not dislike him, I just find him to
» be
» » intimidating, he’s like this authority figure, very strict, he came
» across
» » as someone who would smack me if I asked for a hairline that is too low.
»
» » When i am ready for fue, I prefer to deal with someone whom I feel
» » comfortable negotiating about the design.
»
» My doctor,and his unlicensed “staff” made me feel very comfortable + told
» me alot of wonderful things.That was the last time in my life that I felt
» comfortable.
»
» @Topcat
» Unfortunate for who?When is that unfortunate for “them” ?

well after all it is still my life my hair, I have to live with the outcome, I welcome the doctor’s suggestions but he should not dictate how he wants me to look.

“well after all it is still my life my hair, I have to live with the outcome, I welcome the doctor’s suggestions but he should not dictate how he wants me to look.”

Fair enough, but given the choice I think most people would prefer to be comfortable with the outcome than the process - ‘Yes men’ HT doctors are the worst in my opinion.

• ‘Yes men’ HT doctors are
    » the worst in my opinion.
    So true. I have been on the end of ‘yes’ more than once. Everyone should realise when docs spin stuff like the ‘the patients wishes are paramount’ you are letting them off the hook. I once let a doc do a linear reduction on me simply because I suggested it. He dropped his original plan and jumped at the chance. then it was My mistake’ and not his. Worst HT mistake I made bar the original first strip

» - ‘Yes men’ HT doctors are
» » the worst in my opinion.
» So true. I have been on the end of ‘yes’ more than once. Everyone should
» realise when docs spin stuff like the ‘the patients wishes are paramount’
» you are letting them off the hook. I once let a doc do a linear reduction
» on me simply because I suggested it. He dropped his original plan and
» jumped at the chance. then it was My mistake’ and not his. Worst HT mistake
» I made bar the original first strip

What is a linear reduction? for your strip scar? What happened?