Minox

What minox do you all recommend? I’ve heard good things about spectral, some Dr. Lee’s thing, etc. Opinions?

» What minox do you all recommend? I’ve heard good things about spectral,
» some Dr. Lee’s thing, etc. Opinions?

You should ask in the topicals section of the board. This section is about hair multiplication & research. Mods, please move!

Please note that I really don’t speak with any authority on this subject, I’m mostly assuming a bunch of things without having read the appropriate research, so I’m basically talking out of my a$$.

Anyway, if you’re allergic to propylene glycol, I guess Dr Lee is a good option since he offers glycerin based products. Spectral DNC is supposed to have a relatively low concentration of propylene glycol, though. I have no personal experience with Spectral DNC, but the glycerine products from Dr Lee can be quite messy and I imagine the nanosomes in Spectral DNC potentially offer easier application and better penetration.

In terms of ingredients, I guess it’s a matter of opinions.

In favour of Dr Lee:
Higher concentration of minoxidil (15%) - good if dose dependency is assumed.
Azelaic Acid (5%) - possibly helpful but not really proven.
Finasteride (0.1%) - probably better at 5a reductase inhibition than the saw palmetto etc in DNC.

In favour of Spectral DNC:
Aminexil - if you trust L’Oreal’s research
Nanosome delivery
Retinol - good in conjunction with minox.

There are a lot of other stuff in Spectral DNC that I know too little about to really comment on, but my gut reaction is that at least some of it is BS (vitamins, amino acids, minerals, herbals etc).