Mikewalters/baccy

some news in its (follica) home-tests friends?

Ufortunately there’s nothing happening at my end. (Yet.)

I decided to get involved in doing a couple thousand bucks in overdue dental work over this winter instead. The potential for infection just from that alone made anything related to the Follica immune system suppression into a bad risk at the time. It really ate up my time during the best block of weeks that I had to look ugly with a scalp wound.

» Ufortunately there’s nothing happening at my end. (Yet.)
»
» I decided to get involved in doing a couple thousand bucks in overdue
» dental work over this winter instead. The potential for infection just
» from that alone made anything related to the Follica immune system
» suppression into a bad risk at the time. It really ate up my time during
» the best block of weeks that I had to look ugly with a scalp wound.

Cal,

Just a little curious, have you had past HT work done? I don’t post here very often, and lurk from time to time, but I do tend to follow posts by you and Benji, when I do swing by here.

Thanks,

missmyhair

No I have not had any HT work so far. I’ve kept an arm’s length view on what’s happening in the HT world for several years but I have no plans for work soon.

The shortest answer for why not is the money. I could drop maybe $5K or something on it right now, but the tens of thousands of dollars that it would take to make a meaningful difference in my long-term situation is something else.

And probably the first 1000+ grafts would best be spent just reinforcing some thinning areas that I (usually appear to) still have hair on right now. With FUE work, that realistically means I’ll spend the first $10,000 without even seeing very much visible cosmetic improvement whatsoever. It’s not much of an incentive to run out and get HT work done.

» No I have not had any HT work so far. I’ve kept an arm’s length view on
» what’s happening in the HT world for several years but I have no plans for
» work soon.
»
»
» The shortest answer for why not is the money. I could drop maybe $5K or
» something on it right now, but the tens of thousands of dollars that it
» would take to make a meaningful difference in my long-term situation
» is something else.
»
» And probably the first 1000+ grafts would best be spent just reinforcing
» some thinning areas that I (usually appear to) still have hair on right
» now. With FUE work, that realistically means I’ll spend the first $10,000
» without even seeing very much visible cosmetic improvement whatsoever.
» It’s not much of an incentive to run out and get HT work done.

Understood, I’m pretty much in the same boat. It seems like it will be a long time before I will be able to get an HT, and I am not betting on hair cloning/multiplication anytime soon. I don’t really have the money and I’m a NW4 @ 29 years old, so it’s probably safe to stay this way until I have more money, or there are more affordable options.

Alas, my shaved head is the only option I have right now.

» » No I have not had any HT work so far. I’ve kept an arm’s length view on
» » what’s happening in the HT world for several years but I have no plans
» for
» » work soon.
» »
» »
» » The shortest answer for why not is the money. I could drop maybe $5K
» or
» » something on it right now, but the tens of thousands of dollars that it
» » would take to make a meaningful difference in my long-term
» situation
» » is something else.
» »
» » And probably the first 1000+ grafts would best be spent just
» reinforcing
» » some thinning areas that I (usually appear to) still have hair on right
» » now. With FUE work, that realistically means I’ll spend the first
» $10,000
» » without even seeing very much visible cosmetic improvement whatsoever.
» » It’s not much of an incentive to run out and get HT work done.
»
»
» Understood, I’m pretty much in the same boat. It seems like it will be a
» long time before I will be able to get an HT, and I am not betting on hair
» cloning/multiplication anytime soon. I don’t really have the money and I’m
» a NW4 @ 29 years old, so it’s probably safe to stay this way until I have
» more money, or there are more affordable options.
»
» Alas, my shaved head is the only option I have right now.

If I were in my mid 30’s and confident that my hair had stabilized, I think an HT would be a safe option, as I do think in 10 - 15 years there will be some viable “cure” (more like an involved but affective treatment), and the work can always be touched-up then.

Yeah, I basically think I’m safe to transplant right now.

I’ve been losing hair in some type of thinning or recession for a good 15 years now (which is f*cking cruel for a 30yo to be saying). My loss pattern seems to have settled into something pretty predictable.

HM in the forseeable future is still a risky assumption IMHO. We’ve made a lot of progress. But then again, that’s what they said a decade ago too. Researchers have thought they had this sh*t beaten so many times already, only to be rudely surprised by MPB’s cleverness & tenacity yet again.

» Yeah, I basically think I’m safe to transplant right now.
»
» I’ve been losing hair in some type of thinning or recession for a good 15
» years now (which is fcking cruel for a 30yo to be saying). My loss
» pattern seems to have settled into something pretty predictable.
»
»
»
»
» HM in the forseeable future is still a risky assumption IMHO. We’ve made
» a lot of progress. But then again, that’s what they said a decade ago too.
» Researchers have thought they had this sh
t beaten so many times already,
» only to be rudely surprised by MPB’s cleverness & tenacity yet again.

So are you pretty much set on FUE I take it? Because with strip from H&W I think that could make a good impact, without costing a ton. Depends if you are okay with a strip scar or not. I really don’t wont’ one because I like wearing my hair short. But I have to say, judging by some of their results sometimes I just want to say to hell with it, I’m getting my hair back regardless if I have a strip scar. And then later I’d just get the scar filled in. But who knows how much the scar may stretch.

I did meet “Bobman” a year ago, and I was impressed with the work they did on him, and his scar actually was quite thin. Even if the results were good, I would be annoyed that I have that damn scar on my head.

Anyway sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

Yeah, I’m pretty set against the strip scar.

I’d be willing to get a strip HT if the scar was better hidden. Like what they do with facelift or eyelid-lift scars or something. But I’m not comfortable with the kind of visble major scarring that a strip megasession leaves.

» some news in its (follica) home-tests friends?

Unfortunately, I don’t see much progress. I’ve still got the hairs I got from the successful round (which I’m now sure are rejuvenated follicles, not new)but very little else. There is the odd terminal hair popped up here and there but nothing you’d really notice and certainly nothing useable. A lot of useless vellus.
I don’t know about how Mike is doing but I appear to have hit a brick wall.

» Unfortunately, I don’t see much progress. I’ve still got the hairs I got
» from the successful round (which I’m now sure are rejuvenated follicles,
» not new)but very little else. There is the odd terminal hair popped up here
» and there but nothing you’d really notice and certainly nothing useable. A
» lot of useless vellus.

Baccy, did you ever repeat the very first experiment that you did? since that was the one you got most regrowth out of.

» » Unfortunately, I don’t see much progress. I’ve still got the hairs I got
» » from the successful round (which I’m now sure are rejuvenated
» follicles,
» » not new)but very little else. There is the odd terminal hair popped up
» here
» » and there but nothing you’d really notice and certainly nothing useable.
» A
» » lot of useless vellus.
»
» Baccy, did you ever repeat the very first experiment that you did? since
» that was the one you got most regrowth out of.

Pretty much repeated it the second attempt.
The last attempt was with topical gefit as per the patent.
I think that the first experiment restored miniaturised follicles that were probably the last to succumb to MPB.
After that, I only got a handful of follicles rejuvenated/created per experiment.
Probably somebody who has been balding for less time would have better results.
It’s been about nine weeks after peeling completed but I still hope to get some more activity yet.
I’ve started ingesting astragaloside IV as a supplement. Maybe it will help.
Plus I’ll be getting some Growth factors delivered soon that includes VEGF.

» Pretty much repeated it the second attempt.
» The last attempt was with topical gefit as per the patent.

I think in your second attempt you did something different, it wasn’t exactly the same way as your first attempt. I think it’s definitely worth a shot doing it the exact same way you did it the very first time, even following the same schedule for applying quercetin, lithium etc and NOT using gefitinib at all.

Sorry it didn’t work this time, Baccy.

But on the other hand, at least this failed to work in an understandable way that lines up with other stuff we’ve hypothesized.

Many of us were thinking that Folica’s immune suppression on their mice/human grafts must be very important. I wanted your second attempt to work as much as the next guy, but it would have actually fought against the immune system logic if you were continuing to get regrowth without significant immune suppression being involved.

I guess I’m saying I glad it failed in such a way as to not raise more questions than it answers.