MEGA session - 5000 ARTAS FUE- ONE DAY Surgery - More grafts than STRIP

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Cole[/postedby]
From my perspective of FUE, which is fairly significant, Dr. Woods is the inventor. We can credit Dr. Inaba, but after my visit to the Japan Society of Clinical Hair Research it seems clear that they have a very limited view of hair transplant surgery technology. They are great on basic science, but not so good on hair transplant surgery. I brought in the latest advancements in hair transplant surgery, but you might as well have thought i landed with the star ship Enterprise, but they thought it was just a new office building.[/quote]

Brings to mind the Star Trek spoof comedy, “Galaxy Quest

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Woods[/postedby]

Dr Ray Woods

Ps…15 years later, .Arvind took my FSUE, and swapped two letters around to make FUSE .

[postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Arvind[/postedby]

Dear Ray,
I have tried to impress this upon you many times. Taking credit of other people’s work is just not worth it.

1. How could I have taken your FSUE when even your patients do not get to see the instrument or you in process of inserting the instrument before extraction.

[/quote]

really? woods patients were blinded folded? lol, if nobody has seen what instrument woods uses, then how do u know woods fue was actually invented by the japanese doctor?

The surgical skin punch has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years.

When early doctors and researchers punched out follicles to examine them a few hundred years ago, they were doing “follicular extraction”.

But that is not what this is about.

In the early 1990s, I decided to do what no one else in the world was doing.

I tried and succeeded in follicular single unit extraction as a means to treat androgenic and other Alopecia… And I repeated it and proved it to be the ultimate in hair transplantation , but only if done correctly. I shared it and showed it on national TV in 1996.

I proved that this was the future in HT. And I attacked and exposed the international establishment in HT. I exposed and directly called out and challenged the morals and ethics of the industry. Its on the historical record. And this started a protracted nasty and vicious battle with the establishment who did not want FSUE (FUE) to happen. I was questioning the way they did the work how they made their money and their conscience. All doctors make honest errors , but this was butchery on an industrial scale…and I was the only doctor in the industry blowing the whistle, and offering a better alternative , which most were incapable of.

Punching, dissecting, drilling, sucking or plucking out a few follicular units did not bother the HT establishment. But creating results exclusively consistently and repeatedly with FSUE , and challenging the entire industry and paradigm was threatening.

Because this approach required prerequisite skill, devotion and many years of practice …I proved it could be done, consistently , with less trauma and better results with a totally microsurgical procedure. I directly confronted the worldwide ideology , introduced the list of patient rights , stated the highest standards and created a change in patient expectations , results and standards…
And no one in the world had ever done that. Not Dr Okuda or anyone else. And I was doing it 15 years before Arvind tried to individually extract a follicle.

So, FOLLICULAR SINGLE UNIT EXTRACTION is the umbrella under which all techniques fall, because that describes what is happening. We are extracting single follicular units. And there are countless ways to do this and many doctors have developed their own individual approach, and put their own stamp on it. Dr cole has CIT, Dr Umar has the U tool, Dr Feller has the bi directional hand drill, others use suction, Dr Bernstein has an Artas, DHI have drills, and Dr Arvind hhas techs dissect out the follicle with a needle. And others use a combination of the above

It doesn’t matter how it’s done…it’s extracting single follicular units and everyone has their own way of doing it…and thats great…but what is Arvinds agenda here.

Dr Arvind believes that his “invention” is different to and superior to Follicular single unit extraction… Which is lunacy as he is doing just that albeit with a different method…and he wants to make sure my legacy and contribution is removed and dismissed…

This creates an “inventor vacuum” which he intends to fill, and in a few years with his minions hard at work , with advertising, PR , and a subservient website, he wants to be known as the INVENTOR of modern HT.

He loves,getting awards from obscure figures from obscure places,and and he wants to get as many medals pinned on his chest as he can … And the ultimate prize is to be recognized as the inventor of FUSE, which he pushes as superior to FSUE, and that immediately catapults him , in his mind, to “creator” of the modern HT revolution…regardless of differences , I think many fair minded doctors right now will be reaching for a bucket, as I am.

Dr Ray Woods

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Arvind[/postedby]

Dear licht,
Am I missing something here?
The person who does a technique first is the inventor. The people who come later to popularize/reinvent the technique can be called pioneers at best.

Regards,
Dr. A[/quote]

This is another thread I don’t understand, this one is even more bizarre than the Acell debate I must say. I understand what is being debated here, what I don’t get is Dr. Arvind’s logic.

Dr. Arvind I agree with what you said above, it applies to the FUSE technique that you do as well. You too reinvented the punch graft concept and according to your reasoning that would make Dr Okuda the inventor of your FUSE technique, not you. You can be called pioneer at best.

[quote]
[postedby]Originally Posted by reiner[/postedby]

This is another thread I don’t understand, this one is even more bizarre than the Acell debate I must say. I understand what is being debated here, what I don’t get is Dr. Arvind’s logic.

Dr. Arvind I agree with what you said above, it applies to the FUSE technique that you do as well. You too reinvented the punch graft concept and according to your reasoning that would make Dr Okuda the inventor of your FUSE technique, not you. You can be called pioneer at best.[/quote]

Arvind’s logic is bizarre on so many levels here. The question is, will he address these issues, or wait for the thread to eventually die down. Judging from previous threads, it will be the latter.

I think though when you said you agreed with what Arvind was saying, you should note that he’s trying to equate Dr Okuda’s old-fashioned plug method with FUE. I think we can safely say that FUE is much further from what Dr Okuda was doing than Arvind’s apparently new technique is from FUE.

Is he gone…good.

Now to the issue at hand.

This guy had 5000 follicular units removed by ARTAS

Examining the first immediate post op photo closely, I estimate that between 30% and 50 % of his donor has been removed.

An average head has about 100,000 hair…the donor is about 50% of that in this case…which is about 50,000 hair.

That means about 15,000 to 25,000 hair were removed…or 7,500 to 12,500 follicular units…( each FU contains 2 hair on average).

I think if his donor were shaved, this would be demonstrated.

I don’t think the result looks anything like the claimed 5,000 follicular units, and if further work is required , I think the donor won’t offer much.

Then of course, consider DONOR SCALP SHOCK, that is, how many neighbouring follicles were damaged, and the ARTAS transection rate.

Again, this is only my opinion based on the first post op shot, and the after.video. And the figures I stated are also only rough estimates.

The point I am making is that in a few hours, ARTAS can remove a very significant percentage of the donor…a much higher percentage than even a very large strip.

And is the massive global donor removal consistent with the result ??

ARTAS costs around 250,000 K…and any doctor who has one will defend it.

Interestingly, in the late 1990s and early 2000s , one of the most aggressive opponents of me and my FSUE was Dr Bernstein. You can archive his posts… He claimed I was basically doing the same as Dr Orentrich …he would have joined Dr Okuda to Dr Orentreich, but no one one heard of him then, and it didn’t matter anyway

So now, Dr Bernstein bought an ARTAS , to perform FSUE… I wish him and his patients luck.

If I thought drills caused massive transection and huge rapid donor removal, then this is something that concerns me even more.

Again, the quality and naturalness of the result is very good…but where did the rest of that donor go ???

Just my opinion

Dr Ray Woods

[postedby]Originally Posted by hair101[/postedby]

really? woods patients were blinded folded? lol, if nobody has seen what instrument woods uses, then how do u know woods fue was actually invented by the japanese doctor?[/quote]

Woods fue? Sorry I do not understand what you are reffering to.

fue is a concept. A concept to be able to extract single hair/fu grafts. If some one has done that decades ago (1930s), he deserves credit. Period.

And if you do not know about the blindfold… there is little I can tell you except that it is a fact.
Regards,
Dr. A

Once again, please demonstrate this with proof. All existing literature on the subject available on the web implies that Dr Okuda was performing something roughly equivalent to 1950s style large plugs, and not FUE as we know it today.

Silence on the subject will obviously be taken to indicate that you have no evidence of what you are saying at all.

Dr Arvind, you do excellent work and you are one of the doctors that I admire most. This is really out of character for you to try so hard to invalidate what Dr. Woods has accomplished.

Is he gone…good.

Just my opinion

Dr Ray Woods[/quote]
No Ray,
I am not gone.
Patients take priorities over arguing with you and your alter egos.
You wish to discard the works of others before you.
That is sad. Because if you had acknowleged them it would have raised your status.
The fact is that Dr. Okuda did transplant individual hair follicles …that is fue.

When you wish to claim you are the inventor of fsue, I have no problem.
But to try to take rightful credit from another senior collegue is not correct. Dr. Okuda transplanted individual hair follicles before , probably, you were born.
Learn to give credit where its due.
I would love to say regards but for once I do not feel you deserve it.
Dr. A

[quote][postedby]
No Ray,
I am not gone.
Patients take priorities over arguing with you and your alter egos.
You wish to discard the works of others before you.
That is sad. Because if you had acknowleged them it would have raised your status.
The fact is that Dr. Okuda did transplant individual hair follicles …that is fue.

When you wish to claim you are the inventor of fsue, I have no problem.
But to try to take rightful credit from another senior collegue is not correct. Dr. Okuda transplanted individual hair follicles before , probably, you were born.
Learn to give credit where its due.
I would love to say regards but for once I do not feel you deserve it.
Dr. A[/quote]

Once again, do you care to offer any proof whatsoever that Dr. Okuda was doing the equivalent of FUE?

Or is the best you can do is to somehow imply that people who are pointing out your nonsense are “alter egos” of Dr Woods.

Pathetic.

Mega sessions are idiotic.

It’s like taking everything you own and betting it on one throw of the dice in Las Vegas.

If the doctor screws you up, you loose all your donor, so you can’t even get repaired somewhere else.

==================================
No Ray,
I am not gone.
Dr. A[/quote]

Well Dr Arvind perhaps you should be, I know you and Dr Woods don’t get on but this is ridiculous. There is nothing 100% new under the sun but what cannot reasonably be argued is that Dr Woods started modern FUE. He was the only one who had it commercially available for a loooooong time and if he had not shown it could work we would not be as far on as we are today.

With regards to the ARTAS machine, my understanding is that it is a pretty crude tool and even though it was only 10 days and the scarring was not fully developed yet I still did NOT think that guy’s donor looked great for 1,500 FUE grafts. The video was dim but it did look like he had a shotgun blast to the back of his head - in my opinion. Goodness knows what the 6,000 graft guy will look like when it has all fully healed :expressionless:

Dr. Arvid. Give it up!

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by Skywalker[/postedby]

I know you and Dr Woods don’t get on but this is ridiculous. but what cannot reasonably be argued is that Dr Woods started modern FUE. He was the only one who had it commercially available for a loooooong time [/quote]

Dear Skywalker,
That is exactly my point. Dr. Woods has not acknowleged that the first doctor to transplant single hair follicles was not him but Dr. Okuda. Let him say it.

As for starting modern FUE you know as well as me that Woods has not shared/disclosed his instruments or techniques.
So much for the Hippocratic oath
:slight_smile: At best he started a concept of extracting and transplanting individual follicular unit grafts (even that being doubtful because of Dr. Okuda’s work) and tried to monopolize it.

Modern FUE was a work of many doctors who shared their knowledge and skill with other doctors.
I can not say the same about Woods and you would agree to that.
Regards,
Dr. A

Once again, care to offer a shred of proof for your assertions?

Or are we correct in assuming that you have none?

I’m sure you regret getting involved in this quagmire, but I’m glad to say that posters here are not going to let you or anybody else get away with this sort of nonsense.

Either post evidence that Dr Okuda was performing the equivalent of FUE, or give up this nonsense. You’re looking worse and worse.

I shared my work with Dr Bob Limmer, And after the incredibly successful exposure on a national prime time tv show in 1996, I was offered a dedicated special in the following months showing all aspects to the world.

However, the producers called me and told me that a lobby of doctors on an \\“international \\” level called me a liar, and the procedure an unviable unproven, impossible misleading hoax…despite the clear televised evidence of the procedure and results, and I was black balled from tv in Australia.

No other network wanted anything to do with me. Then the lobby group representative called me and demanded that this be kept from the public, and they needed to \\" manage\\" this.
Of course, my response was predictable.

A similar thing happened in the USA.

A group email to doctors around the world went out in 2000 requesting \\" dirt on woods and fue \\" in order to stop the momentum created. Unfortunately for them, the email was also accidentally sent to me.

It was made clear to me that the industry did not want this to happen…as it was a dramatic and unprecedented paradigm shift…it would take doctors years of practice, many would be incapable, it was much longer , harder and less profitable…but better for the patient.

The opposition was so great that I received two very serious threats…one by phone, and one in person in 2002 when I was giving a seminar in Santa Monica

For FUE to get traction, I had to prove it to be superior, less trauma and better results and coverage with fewer grafts.
It was a mission and I had to prove it and establish it internationally before incompetent publicity grabbing doctors with their production lines, technicians massive transection rates , drills and mega session mentality stuffed it up, discredited, and torpedoed the movement…

…(.let’s not forget how Arvind introduced his FUSE in 2006 with a 7,000 graft session for Dr Umar…which was an overwhelming failure…and the way he did it with a huge PR campaign and nasty unprovoked personal attacks on me. Imagine that Huge failure as an introduction of FUE to the world…poor chap, he so so badly wants to be seen as the prime inventor and best in the world…can someone please get him off my back and nominate him for the Nobel prize )

The strip doctors would have totally discredited bad results and mega donor destruction , and FUE would have been buried. I would not let that happen .

Today, whenever the strip doctors see a bad FUE result with global donor destruction, they plausibly argue that a good strip would be better…and they would be right

But today, despite the many bad FUE methods and results out there, people know that in the right hands and done correctly, regardless of the doctors own individual approach, FUE, or FSUE really, is the best option.

Dr Ray Woods

Dr. Cole has a large book collection and showed me an illustration last night in Dr. Inaba’s book that indicated single hair extractions. This was right around the time Dr. Woods began doing it.

What good is a ground-breaking medical idea if it is never put into practice where it improves the lives of patients. Who knows, FUE could have first been performed by an Egyptian 7,000 years ago. Dr. Woods is credited because he was the first to make FUE commercially available to benefit patients. Dr. Cole became interested in the technique when he saw superior donor areas coming to Atlanta from Australia. Dr. Cole was the first to offer FUE in the US.

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”
-Albert Einstein

I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by CITNews[/postedby]
…Who knows, FUE could have first been performed by an Egyptian 7,000 years ago. [/quote]

Yup, my theory is that Tutankhamen was doing FUE (or perhaps FSUE - or FUSE - or FOX - or CIT - or FUSS - or SFUE :wink: ) in his mother’s basement and when he was run over by that chariot it put back hair transplants by thousands of years :smiley:

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by CITNews[/postedby]
…Who knows, FUE could have first been performed by an Egyptian 7,000 years ago.

[postedby]Originally Posted by Skywalker[/postedby]

Yup, my theory is that Tutankhamen was doing FUE (or perhaps FSUE - or FUSE - or FOX - or CIT - or FUSS - or SFUE :wink: ) in his mother’s basement and when he was run over by that chariot it put back hair transplants by thousands of years :-D[/quote]

I agree…in fact Egyptology conspiracy theorists are claiming his real name was

TUTANKHAIRMAN…A mere coincidence ?..I think not.

We need to assemble the TRUTHAIRS to investhairgate this, this this…“hairgate”

Dr Ray Woods