Lucky or not?

the only thinking runs my mind the last 6 years which i am fighting hair loss
is that… hairloss for me is something like an illness/disease. i consider this situation like a disability, A part of me falls out of my body, ,sometimes i consider myself as a crippled. Everyone
who is closed to my keep saying that hairloss is not such a major thing and i am wrong for facing it with such a seriousness.
but i cant help it .unfortunately. While i am thinking the billions of people who were in my place through ages, and the pain they suffered,i keep saying to my self that i must feel lucky, because i was born in a generation which will be
the last is going to suffer this fight.but am i lucky???
i mean i am so close to the end of this madness called baldness, but at the same time i am so far. It is something like a joke…the cure seems to be near…but at the same time so far… At the big scale 5 or ten or 15 years are nothing. but in my lifetime this space means everything.I dont want to belong to the last generation of the huge bunch of generations which suffered the same illness.

Lucky?

Are you kidding, we’re royally F*CKED!

One generation earlier, and our lifestyle would not have caused as much/early hair loss, and social importance on male looks would be much, much less than now. One generation later, and the problem would already have been solved entirely.

I think we’re probably living through the most perfect-storm terrible time to be balding, EVER. Late enough to reap all the downsides of the modern media-saturated, bad-eating, bad living culture, and just early enough not to benefit from the scientific advancements it brings to combat those problems. (I mean, what other time in history does photographs of your face precede you in everything from the job market to the dating pool?)

We will even live to get our hair back eventually. We’re just far enough away from it to cost us those critical young adulthood years without looking normal. We’ll live through worst years of the storm in our prime, and then get our hair back just a bit too late to really benefit from it.

We’re f*cked.

Perfectly, beautifully, f*cked.

» Lucky?
»
» Are you kidding, we’re royally F*CKED!
»
»
»
» One generation earlier, and our lifestyle would not have caused as
» much/early hair loss, and social importance on male looks would be much,
» much less than now. One generation later, and the problem would already
» have been solved entirely.
»

I am not sure I agree. My father suffered from hairloss in his mid 20’s and early 30’s similar to myself. This was back in the 70’s. He told me it effected him very much. He also said there was nothing he could do so he had to suck it up.

When I was researching and scheduling my Hair restoration procedure with Dr. Armani he told me “I wish we had this option back when I was losing my hair.”

This made me think. I thought to myself that I am lucky to grow up when I am. I was able to find a solution to my hairloss and live the end of my 20’s my 30’s thus far with really nice hair. My father really didn’t have that choice.

I can’t imagine if my only option was to suck it up…

To look at it yet another way. The previous generation did not have the access to information that we do now as well. Another reason we are lucky.

If I was a hairloss sufferer back in the 80’s or even 90’s, before the web was prominent, before the exsitance of forums like these where I could do my research, I would have chosen the closest doctor and probably would have gotten hacked up, wasting donor etc…

True, my little 5 year old nephew will have many more options then we do now if he suffers from hairloss 25-30 years from now, but we still have it better then our father’s and grandfather’s.

I see your point, but I think the reason your only option was not to “suck it up” had as much to do with income and age as it did with modern HT technology or meds.

Just talk to any 19yo with a fast-thinning scalp that is trying to pay for schooling and gets sides from finasteride. More of these kids seem to show up online every day. What are they gonna do? Not take meds. Not get HTs any time soon.

I don’t mean to say that MPB wasn’t a problem in the past, nor to say that MPB wasn’t a real social handicap. Yes, it has always sucked. And it probably always affected the guys who got it young, and some of them severely.

But I am saying that the stigma against young MPB and the importance of appearance for males is higher than ever before. I don’t think that point can be argued against.

If it was 1940, I don’t think we would be seeing very many 26yo guys reducing their sexual function with expensive meds and lining up to spend the price of a new sports car, all to reverse their NW#2 back to NW#1.

I feel pretty lucky. I started thinning at 20. I got on minox, then niz and fin shortly after. A decade later, I’ve kept most of my hair (and Dut is now giving me some back). It allowed me to have a normal social life, date attractive women, and marry a very pretty wife. I doubt I would have been able to do any of that if I had gone NW2-3 by 25. The future will have more effective treatments, but really, if you’re 20 today and are starting to lose your hair, you can pretty much stop it in its tracts right now. That’s a huge improvement over a previous generation’s options.

» but really, if you’re 20 today and are
» starting to lose your hair, you can pretty much stop it in its tracts right
» now. That’s a huge improvement over a previous generation’s options.

There are tons of guys who get side effects from DHT inhibitors & minox who would disagree with this.

Not to derail the discussion, but we all know this is a real problem with the existing meds. No small number of guys are left unable to use them over the side effects profile.

» I feel pretty lucky. I started thinning at 20. I got on minox, then niz
» and fin shortly after. A decade later, I’ve kept most of my hair (and Dut
» is now giving me some back). It allowed me to have a normal social life,
» date attractive women, and marry a very pretty wife. I doubt I would have
» been able to do any of that if I had gone NW2-3 by 25. The future will
» have more effective treatments, but really, if you’re 20 today and are
» starting to lose your hair, you can pretty much stop it in its tracts right
» now. That’s a huge improvement over a previous generation’s options.

Q - If it works so well than why are you here?
A - Because even when propecia works well it doesn’t work well enough.

» » I feel pretty lucky. I started thinning at 20. I got on minox, then
» niz
» » and fin shortly after. A decade later, I’ve kept most of my hair (and
» Dut
» » is now giving me some back). It allowed me to have a normal social
» life,
» » date attractive women, and marry a very pretty wife. I doubt I would
» have
» » been able to do any of that if I had gone NW2-3 by 25. The future will
» » have more effective treatments, but really, if you’re 20 today and are
» » starting to lose your hair, you can pretty much stop it in its tracts
» right
» » now. That’s a huge improvement over a previous generation’s options.
»
» Q - If it works so well than why are you here?
» A - Because even when propecia works well it doesn’t work well enough.

What’s that, like the tenth time you’ve asked me that question? I’ll answer it again with the hopes that you might comprehend it. 1) I’m a NW2, but with the right style, I look like a NW1. I’d like to be a real NW1 and to be able to wear any hairstyle I’d like. 2) The regiment is involved - the shampoos, the minox, the pills. I’d like something simpler and permanent. 3) There’s a chance my regiment will stop working. Fin already has for me, but luckily Dut has taken its place (and more - great gains on Dut so far, and no sides).

Get it?

I wasn’t asking for your autobiography, but thanks.
I was just making a blanket statement about propecia.

» » » I feel pretty lucky. I started thinning at 20. I got on minox, then
» » niz
» » » and fin shortly after. A decade later, I’ve kept most of my hair
» (and
» » Dut
» » » is now giving me some back). It allowed me to have a normal social
» » life,
» » » date attractive women, and marry a very pretty wife. I doubt I would
» » have
» » » been able to do any of that if I had gone NW2-3 by 25. The future
» will
» » » have more effective treatments, but really, if you’re 20 today and
» are
» » » starting to lose your hair, you can pretty much stop it in its tracts
» » right
» » » now. That’s a huge improvement over a previous generation’s options.
» »
» » Q - If it works so well than why are you here?
» » A - Because even when propecia works well it doesn’t work well enough.
»
» What’s that, like the tenth time you’ve asked me that question? I’ll
» answer it again with the hopes that you might comprehend it. 1) I’m a NW2,
» but with the right style, I look like a NW1. I’d like to be a real NW1 and
» to be able to wear any hairstyle I’d like. 2) The regiment is involved -
» the shampoos, the minox, the pills. I’d like something simpler and
» permanent. 3) There’s a chance my regiment will stop working. Fin already
» has for me, but luckily Dut has taken its place (and more - great gains on
» Dut so far, and no sides).
»
» Get it?

What is the point in this mental dwelling about whether you are lucky or not being in the last bald generation on this planet?

I mean how does this help your situation? How does this move you forward towards your life goals? And what positive impact on your life you expect for all the time spent thinking about these kind of things?

No rly, seriously. Gimme an answer.

» What is the point in this mental dwelling about whether you are lucky or
» not being in the last bald generation on this planet?
»
» I mean how does this help your situation? How does this move you forward
» towards your life goals? And what positive impact on your life you expect
» for all the time spent thinking about these kind of things?
»
» No rly, seriously. Gimme an answer.

Misery loves company.
People feel better knowing previous generations had it worst (no worthwhile HT options, no hope for HM in their lifetime).

» » What is the point in this mental dwelling about whether you are lucky or
» » not being in the last bald generation on this planet?
» »
» » I mean how does this help your situation? How does this move you
» forward
» » towards your life goals? And what positive impact on your life you
» expect
» » for all the time spent thinking about these kind of things?
» »
» » No rly, seriously. Gimme an answer.
»
» Misery loves company.
» People feel better knowing previous generations had it worst (no
» worthwhile HT options, no hope for HM in their lifetime).

This is a mistake. All this mental dwelling about things you cannot affect in any way and thus can not control them produce only one emotion in the end,

and that is anxiety. anxiety is an emotion our body fills us with if we find ourselves in a situation we believe we cannot escape from. This is constructive and makes sense … it is so that we learn to avoid these situations.

Problem is that it makes no sense to willingly boost our anxiety in situations that we truly can’t escape. If you are bald, thinking and dwelling about all previous generations only will make you feel worse in the long run. It is so because just by thinking about it you internalize the fact you are trapped in a situation you cannot escape. So anxiety is all you will get from it. Tomorrow, hour later, maybe next week. Well, the truth is that many ppl here are anxious all the time.

The guy who originated this thread should stop thinking this way. Or better said, stop thinking completely, live and feel your body. dont waste time with anxiety and thoughts that do not produce anything useful in your life.

Read the book, “The power of now”. Or if you want to be more motivated. Read a guide to attract chicks, thats called “The ultimate guide to inner game sticking points”

http://newinnergame.info/top-10-inner-game-sticking-points

The book is pretty much about “the power of now” and how being present frees you from emotions and gives you women.

Its not easy to be always present. But if you work on it hard, you will get laid and you will not feel anxious nor depressed. Hair or without.

That’s a very Zen-like perspective on the situation.
Unfortunately it’s not grounded in real-world behavior.

» This is a mistake. All this mental dwelling about things you cannot affect
» in any way and thus can not control them produce only one emotion in the
» end,
»
» and that is anxiety. anxiety is an emotion our body fills us with if we
» find ourselves in a situation we believe we cannot escape from. This is
» constructive and makes sense … it is so that we learn to avoid these
» situations.

you are wrong. I started on these forums as everyone else. I spent years thinking and being anxious avoideding normal social life.

I only wish someone tought me this sooner because my regret now is that I wasted so many years during which I could have learned so many new things, that would make me now more successful person.

The avoidance of mental dwelling is a scientificaly recognized technique to fight anxiety and depression. Its not easy, but it works.

The person who started this thread admits that he’s spent 6 years thinking this way. 6 years, during which his hairloss is controling his life.

Just imagine what his life is going to be 10 years from now on if he’s gonna carry on doing what he’s been doing so far.

Loneliness, depression, anxiety, social withdrawal.

If you think this kind of future is worth the mental dwelling, then keep doing it. Thats as far as this can get you in your life.

» That’s a very Zen-like perspective on the situation.
» Unfortunately it’s not grounded in real-world behavior.
»
» » This is a mistake. All this mental dwelling about things you cannot
» affect
» » in any way and thus can not control them produce only one emotion in
» the
» » end,
» »
» » and that is anxiety. anxiety is an emotion our body fills us with if we
» » find ourselves in a situation we believe we cannot escape from. This is
» » constructive and makes sense … it is so that we learn to avoid these
» » situations.