Losing hair in the front now!

Ughh!! My hair is starting to thin out in the front…i am on propecia everyday, ultra hair multi vitamin everyday, nizoral 3 times a week and scalp exercises daily for 5 mins each. I have maintained my hair…but its starting to difuse and i feel like my regimen isnt working anymore…i lost a lot of hair the past month for about 3 weeks for soem reason and it fell out a lot…but now it stopped…maybe its the season change…how can i fill in the front? anyone use any naturals like…rosemary, vitamin e etc…or anythinh else…i have been on prop since 2001…the nizoral 1% since 2001 to 2008 then upped it to 2% last nov. anythinh else i can add to the regimen…i have the hair line intact i just want to thicken up the miniturrizng hair before it falls out…i want to save them…any help would be great…ps. i heard about some needle poking therapy where u poke ur scalp all over like 500 times to get it red and this thickens up the hair and grows new hair too…

thanks

why not add minox? I can never understand those who use only Propecia without minox.

how long have you been on propecia?

propecia has worked well for me for 10 years, but now it’s losing its effectiveness…

» how long have you been on propecia?
»
» propecia has worked well for me for 10 years, but now it’s losing its
» effectiveness…

I have been on propecia for 8 yrs now…it started losing effectiveness liek last year or so…my hair thinned out…i went on an antibiotic and lost tons of hair then it never grew back…my hair isnt bald.its just starting to thin out/…i am afraid to add minox because people say they lose so much on a shed and sometimes it never grows back…plus of the sides…i mean just 2 weeks ago my hair was ok…i went and got it cut last mon and it went to hell…its all flat, limp and lifeless…the left corner thinned out./…im just really pissed off right now…i just need a lil thickening in the front…why cant any product give me a few thousand hairs…

» » how long have you been on propecia?
» »
» » propecia has worked well for me for 10 years, but now it’s losing its
» » effectiveness…
»
»
» I have been on propecia for 8 yrs now…it started losing effectiveness
» liek last year or so…my hair thinned out…i went on an antibiotic and
» lost tons of hair then it never grew back…my hair isnt bald.its just
» starting to thin out/…i am afraid to add minox because people say they
» lose so much on a shed and sometimes it never grows back…plus of the
» sides…i mean just 2 weeks ago my hair was ok…i went and got it cut last
» mon and it went to hell…its all flat, limp and lifeless…the left
» corner thinned out./…im just really pissed off right now…i just need a
» lil thickening in the front…why cant any product give me a few thousand
» hairs…

We have all been down the Propecia path, 8 yrs is actually a long run for you, Propecia maybe worked for me for about 5 years and then it becomes a placebo pill. I did stop at one time and switched to saw palmetto, my hair fell out like there is no tomorrow, so I am still on Propecia just to keep what little that I have left.

Use Rogaine foam or Remox, it’s a safer bet than regular Rogaine if you are afraid of the shed. Also try lysine if you are using Propecia, it may give a boost to Propecia’s effectiveness.

» Ughh!! My hair is starting to thin out in the front…i am on propecia
» everyday, ultra hair multi vitamin everyday, nizoral 3 times a week and
» scalp exercises daily for 5 mins each. I have maintained my hair…but its
» starting to difuse and i feel like my regimen isnt working anymore…i lost
» a lot of hair the past month for about 3 weeks for soem reason and it fell
» out a lot…but now it stopped…maybe its the season change…how can i
» fill in the front? anyone use any naturals like…rosemary, vitamin e
» etc…or anythinh else…i have been on prop since 2001…the nizoral 1%
» since 2001 to 2008 then upped it to 2% last nov. anythinh else i can add to
» the regimen…i have the hair line intact i just want to thicken up the
» miniturrizng hair before it falls out…i want to save them…any help
» would be great…ps. i heard about some needle poking therapy where u poke
» ur scalp all over like 500 times to get it red and this thickens up the
» hair and grows new hair too…
»
»
» thanks

Time to switch to Dut.

Time to go All Natural.

i went on an antibiotic and lost tons of hair then it never grew back…

It sounds like maybe the antibiotic had something to do with your recent hairloss? Did you check with your doctor??

He says that Finasteride worked well to maintain his hair for a long time, and then it abruptly lost most or all of its efficacy about 7 years after he started it.

This story sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

Finasteride simply put, isn’t as long-lasting (half-life) as dutasteride is. There is still some residual DHT created near the hair follicle, and in the serum (much less important).

As you get older, your hair gets more sensitive to DHT. Therefore less DHT is necessary to kickstart the miniaturization process.

If you are finding that finasteride alone is “losing effectiveness”, you need more alpha-five reductase inhbition. Then its time to take dutasteride one or two days a week. One dutasteride pill a week is going to be roughly as effective as taking finasteride every single day. Finasteride’s half life is 6 hours. Dutasteride’s is four weeks.

Try taking 1.0 mgs of dutasteride a couple of times per week, and you’ll have less DHT.

For “The Natural”

Ive seen the curcumin studies in relation to alpha five reductase, but they aren’t in human beings. Until one of these supplement manufacturers funds a study with real people, showing that real serum levels of DHT decrease greatly with some natural product, we are taking a chance by using naturals only. Black tea consumption by mice led to a greater serum reudction in DHT that propecia does in humans in one experiment (and their prostates shrunk and their PSA scores improved), but they were only given strong black to to drink and nothing else. Soy+Green tea TOGETHER lessened DHT in the mice even more, but it also cut testosterone about in half. I dont think I’d want half my normal level of testosterone even if the results were perfectly transferrable to humans. This young guy would be risking a lot of hair to go natural only.

benji,

I am not sure that curcumin, by itself, will do much to regrow one’s hair. I certainly did not experience any regrowth when I took only curcumin four or five years ago.

My results came after combining it with resveratrol, based on this study:

I also take Toco-8, which I have found to be not only good for the hair but also a real testosterone booster!

And if someone wants to reduce DHT, I would suggest that they do so topically, naturally.

TN

» benji,
»
» I am not sure that curcumin, by itself, will do much to regrow one’s hair.
» I certainly did not experience any regrowth when I took only curcumin four
» or five years ago.
»
» My results came after combining it with resveratrol, based on this study:
»
» http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2006087759&IA=IT2006000093&DISPLAY=DESC
»
» I also take Toco-8, which I have found to be not only good for the hair
» but also a real testosterone booster!
»
» And if someone wants to reduce DHT, I would suggest that they do so
» topically, naturally.
»
»
» TN

I was thinking of adding Pumpkin seed oil capsules to my diet…would that help…i hear that its good for thickening hair and growing some…i do have coverage but its starting to be see through in light adn stuff when it wasnt as much last year…i am afraid to try Dutasteride due to the sides and id rather take a natural approach like pumpkin seed with my propeica…so propecia in the AM and Pumpkin when i go to sleep…in conjuction with my multi hair vitamin ( maxi hair ) and fish oil and scalp massages 2x a day…i also use nizoral 2% 3x a week adn Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage hair thickener which works well( pepperming oil, tea tree oil and lemon sage oil )

» » benji,
» »
» » I am not sure that curcumin, by itself, will do much to regrow one’s
» hair.
» » I certainly did not experience any regrowth when I took only curcumin
» four
» » or five years ago.
» »
» » My results came after combining it with resveratrol, based on this
» study:
» »
» »
» http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2006087759&IA=IT2006000093&DISPLAY=DESC
» »
» » I also take Toco-8, which I have found to be not only good for the hair
» » but also a real testosterone booster!
» »
» » And if someone wants to reduce DHT, I would suggest that they do so
» » topically, naturally.
» »
» »
» » TN
»
»
» I was thinking of adding Pumpkin seed oil capsules to my diet…would that
» help…i hear that its good for thickening hair and growing some…i do have
» coverage but its starting to be see through in light adn stuff when it
» wasnt as much last year…i am afraid to try Dutasteride due to the sides
» and id rather take a natural approach like pumpkin seed with my
» propeica…so propecia in the AM and Pumpkin when i go to sleep…in
» conjuction with my multi hair vitamin ( maxi hair ) and fish oil and scalp
» massages 2x a day…i also use nizoral 2% 3x a week adn Paul Mitchell
» Lemon Sage hair thickener which works well( pepperming oil, tea tree oil
» and lemon sage oil )

how is your fallout?
how is your hair doing overall

» I was thinking of adding Pumpkin seed oil capsules to my diet…would that
» help…i hear that its good for thickening hair and growing some…i do have
» coverage but its starting to be see through in light adn stuff when it
» wasnt as much last year…i am afraid to try Dutasteride due to the sides
» and id rather take a natural approach like pumpkin seed with my
» propeica…so propecia in the AM and Pumpkin when i go to sleep…in
» conjuction with my multi hair vitamin ( maxi hair ) and fish oil and scalp
» massages 2x a day…i also use nizoral 2% 3x a week adn Paul Mitchell
» Lemon Sage hair thickener which works well( pepperming oil, tea tree oil
» and lemon sage oil )

mj, from my experience, pumpkin seed oil is not going to do much, if anything. Its inhibiting ability is quite weak in comparison to other herbs (e.g. beta sitosterol, pygeum). Again, if your hair is thinning on propecia, a powerful DHT-targeted product, then perhaps its time to go in a new direction.

I have been down that DHT-blocking road before, albeit naturally. And it did work for a while. But when the effects of the herbs began to wear off, there was nothing I could do (i.e. nothing I could add) that would reverse this. Sooner or later, your body will adjust to these DHT-blocking products, “work around them,” and resume its mission of attacking what it perceives to be a foreign entity: your hair follicles.

» » I was thinking of adding Pumpkin seed oil capsules to my diet…would
» that
» » help…i hear that its good for thickening hair and growing some…i do
» have
» » coverage but its starting to be see through in light adn stuff when it
» » wasnt as much last year…i am afraid to try Dutasteride due to the
» sides
» » and id rather take a natural approach like pumpkin seed with my
» » propeica…so propecia in the AM and Pumpkin when i go to sleep…in
» » conjuction with my multi hair vitamin ( maxi hair ) and fish oil and
» scalp
» » massages 2x a day…i also use nizoral 2% 3x a week adn Paul Mitchell
» » Lemon Sage hair thickener which works well( pepperming oil, tea tree
» oil
» » and lemon sage oil )
»
» mj, from my experience, pumpkin seed oil is not going to do much, if
» anything. Its inhibiting ability is quite weak in comparison to other
» herbs (e.g. beta sitosterol, pygeum). Again, if your hair is thinning on
» propecia, a powerful DHT-targeted product, then perhaps its time to go in a
» new direction.
»
» I have been down that DHT-blocking road before, albeit naturally. And it
» did work for a while. But when the effects of the herbs began to wear off,
» there was nothing I could do (i.e. nothing I could add) that would reverse
» this. Sooner or later, your body will adjust to these DHT-blocking
» products, “work around them,” and resume its mission of attacking what it
» perceives to be a foreign entity: your hair follicles.

Well…my hair is a nW1 maybe 2 now…diffuse thinning…but the front this past month has thinned…its like thinner on the sides and it curls a bit,…iuts just acting weird…i lose about 20 hairs tops a day…but i thinned out a bit these past few months which sucks…cuz i was doing so well…there has to be somethinh i can use to stop this…

» Well…my hair is a nW1 maybe 2 now…diffuse thinning…but the front
» this past month has thinned…its like thinner on the sides and it curls a
» bit,…iuts just acting weird…i lose about 20 hairs tops a day…but i
» thinned out a bit these past few months which sucks…cuz i was doing so
» well…there has to be somethinh i can use to stop this…

When these type of treatments begin to lose their effectiveness, the hair loss sufferer has the natural tendency to believe that the problem is one of dosage or the number of DHT-inhibiting supplements.

But increasing the dosage and/or number of these types of supplements will only do more harm, than good, not to mention waste your money.

Hey Natural, are you currently satisfied by what you regimen is? Im looking for something simple and relatively inexpensive that does not cause sexual sides (BIG ONE) for me.

Im am NW2.5 going on 3 with some diffuse lose… can you give me a time line of of hair problems and how you regimen helps you at this point? Thanks man.

» Hey Natural, are you currently satisfied by what you regimen is? Im looking
» for something simple and relatively inexpensive that does not cause sexual
» sides (BIG ONE) for me.
»
» Im am NW2.5 going on 3 with some diffuse lose… can you give me a time
» line of of hair problems and how you regimen helps you at this point?
» Thanks man.

holyflea,

I am satisfied with choices of herbs. For me, it is only a question of which brands of curcumin, resveratrol, and tocotrienols. Still waiting on Jacob to find a company to make an all-in-one supplement. In the meantime, I will try out different brands. But these supplements are my top 3.

The majority of people who have responded well to this regimen report considerably less scalp inflammation, dandruff, and shedding. Hope this helps you too.

TN