Licorice Root

I know it may sound bizzare but I have been taking Licorice Root tablets for 1 month now and many people tell me my hair is looking thicker. It is no miracle but definitely seems to be helping. 450 mg pills two or three per meal. It took about 3 weeks to see a difference. Look up licorice root on the net and it does state it works for baldness. It may not work for every person but is cheap and seems to be working for me.

» I know it may sound bizzare but I have been taking Licorice Root tablets
» for 1 month now and many people tell me my hair is looking thicker. It is
» no miracle but definitely seems to be helping. 450 mg pills two or three
» per meal. It took about 3 weeks to see a difference. Look up licorice
» root on the net and it does state it works for baldness. It may not work
» for every person but is cheap and seems to be working for me.

you know what, i think i believe you.

i had acne because i was on saw pal and beta sis for a couple months which gave me an oily face and increase in libido, and mild acne. probably reflex hyperandrogenicity???

i have applied licorice on the acne and within 2 days the acne cleared up!

i am currently experimenting with licorice topical and this is only been 1 week though, so cant report anything.

have you noticed any decreases in libido?? i would definteley start on this.

can you also tell me what norwood you are?

have you seen any regrowth? i doubt 1 months is long enough but please do update this thread. i will be monitoring your progress closeley.

I do not fit into any norwood scale. I was botched by doctors in the 1980s. I suppose you could say I was heading for a norwood 6 pattern. I have had corrective surgery and am still undergoing 1 more in august with very good results. I have noticed an overall thickening of my hair and people have commented on this. I have not changed any other part of my normal routine. I am curious to see if this is going to continue to improve or just a short term thing. I will keep you posted.

No decrease in libido at all - at least so far.

ok, have you noticed any shedding? decrease, increase?

do keep us updated.

» ok, have you noticed any shedding? decrease, increase?
»
» do keep us updated.----------------No Shedding at all. Thickness seems to be up by at least 15 to 20% range. People have commented on it and that has never happened before. I will post weekly updates as to any side effects or its longer term effectiveness.