Left side lag

Hi,
I’m new to this forum as Armani post are no longer allowed on the “other site”. I had a fue done in May of 2008, around 3100 grafts into my hairline and mid scalp. My left hairline from my midhairline all the way to my left temple is lagging in growth and has been brought up to my clinic about 2 months ago and I am being to told to wait. Well now I’m close to 10 months out and I dont see much of a difference. I can’t comb my hair backwards because of this. If my hair is combed forward you can’y tell, but my goal is not to comb my hair foward. Anyone with any experience in this matter?

Thanks,

Ace

» Hi,
» I’m new to this forum as Armani post are no longer allowed on the “other
» site”. I had a fue done in May of 2008, around 3100 grafts into my
» hairline and mid scalp. My left hairline from my midhairline all the way
» to my left temple is lagging in growth and has been brought up to my clinic
» about 2 months ago and I am being to told to wait. Well now I’m close to
» 10 months out and I dont see much of a difference. I can’t comb my hair
» backwards because of this. If my hair is combed forward you can’y tell,
» but my goal is not to comb my hair foward. Anyone with any experience in
» this matter?
»
» Thanks,
»
» Ace

I’ve viewed a few hairloss sites today.I’ve been at home all day,got no work today,so out of boredom I viewed other forums.

Which hairloss site are you refering to.Why won’t they allow you to post abour Armani.

It is common for some areas to be behind others.

It’s important that guys embarking down the HT road understand that they are not going to get the full result from their HT until 16-18 months…

Nevermind 5-6 months… which for some reason seems to be the bench mark for the day they wake up and its all over.

So many guys email me concerned that at 3-4 months they have not seen any growth yet And that they think their HT has been a failure !

I think everyone needs to be made aware that even after a whole year there is still a great deal more in store, ie thickening and maturing.

Months 8-16 are just as important in terms of growth, maturing, thickening as the first 8 months.

The success of your HT can only be determined after 18 months especially if you are a slow grower as well.

• Pats

» Hi,
» this matter?
»
» Thanks,
»
» Ace

I would like to see what it looks like in reality, does it look very odd and people can tell you had hair transplant?

ACE good to see you again and welcome to the forums!

Yeh I remember you clearly from HLH. There was another thread just recently
here http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-49646-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html where the gentleman was concerned about his growth as well.

This is your blog you have posted on HLH http://aceinhibitor77.blogspot.com/ and you have nothing to be concerned about. Don’t compare your results to the top results posted here ACE because everyone heals and grows differently at different rates. I would say give it a year minimum. Also, can you share with us if you are taking any meds and/or hair loss treatments. Are you applying minoxidil to the transplanted areas two times daily? Any MSM? If an unreputable clinnic performed your surgery then you may have possibly something to distraught about, but even then I wouldn’t immediately jump to conclusions and blame my surgeon regardless of who it was.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that every single person getting a hairtransplant is informed of the risks, complications, and the fact that everyone adheres to results differently bro. Be patient, use your meds; because your hair is perfectly fine from what I am seeing from your earlier Blog.

And the fact that you mentioned your left area slagging is a clear indication that you are growing fine because hair transplanted hair usually grows in unequal rates. At 4 months you look like someone at their 6 month mark. At 8 months you should be at your 55-60% growth rate. Multiple that by 2 and you’re picturing your approximate final result.

By the way, I think it is imperitive that any patient that comes to any forum who wants to express their issues, complaints, compliments, and even to just share their experience ABSOLUTELY MUST provide everyone with indebt detail of the surgery along with photos.

BALDIE <---- You came on to these forums and to be honest with you you have “ANTI-ARMANI” written all over you. Your agenda is quite transparent my friend. Good luck on your mission.

» Hi,
» this matter?
»
» Thanks,
»
» Ace

» » Hi,
» » I’m new to this forum as Armani post are no longer allowed on the
» “other
» » site”. I had a fue done in May of 2008, around 3100 grafts into my
» » hairline and mid scalp. My left hairline from my midhairline all the
» way
» » to my left temple is lagging in growth and has been brought up to my
» clinic
» » about 2 months ago and I am being to told to wait. Well now I’m close
» to
» » 10 months out and I dont see much of a difference. I can’t comb my
» hair
» » backwards because of this. If my hair is combed forward you can’y
» tell,
» » but my goal is not to comb my hair foward. Anyone with any experience
» in
» » this matter?
» »
» » Thanks,
» »
» » Ace
»
» I’ve viewed a few hairloss sites today.I’ve been at home all day,got no
» work today,so out of boredom I viewed other forums.
»
» Which hairloss site are you refering to.Why won’t they allow you to post
» abour Armani.

Ace is expressing his concern for his growth, you are doing what you did in the other thread again…trying to veer it away from the main topic into something you REALLY ITCHING to start here.

I will post some pictures the next couple days. I’m able to hide the areas of concern easily right now as my hair is shaggy and I don’t style my hair back. If I comb my hair backwards you can see the lag or lack of growth (whatever you want to call it).

I’m taking proscar 1.25mg once daily, rogaine foam twice daily. I took msm for about 6 months then stopped. I’m close to 10 months out not 3 or 4 months out. I will see how things look around my 12 month mark. I would imagine I could comb my hair back 1 year post op.

Ace

I just checked out your Blog ACE and your 5 month photos, I think the coverage looks pretty good. The main thing to remember is what I mentioned above, month 8-16 are just as important. You will continue to see new growth and thickening.

Try not to scrutinize everyday and every month for that matter. I know waiting is the hardest part, but the reality is the advice you have gotten is correct, it can take up to 18 months for the final result!

5 months

I wish I can say something to help you worry less Ace. But reality is just give it sometime and you’ll be combing your hair back in no time. 99% of surgeons request minox to be applied to the hair transplanted hairs for atleast 2 yrs. I’m surprised you haven’t yet. You spent a lot of money, time, mental exhaustion coming this far you mind as well take the extra steps in caring for your hair too. Minox will accelerate your new hair growth and thicken it at a very rapid rate. Start minox5% as soon as you can. It’s possible if you had been from day 1 until now, you might have the minimum density your looking for at the stage.

» I will post some pictures the next couple days. I’m able to hide the areas
» of concern easily right now as my hair is shaggy and I don’t style my hair
» back. If I comb my hair backwards you can see the lag or lack of growth
» (whatever you want to call it).
»
» I’m taking proscar 1.25mg once daily, rogaine foam twice daily. I took
» msm for about 6 months then stopped. I’m close to 10 months out not 3 or 4
» months out. I will see how things look around my 12 month mark. I would
» imagine I could comb my hair back 1 year post op.
»
» Ace

» BALDIE <---- You came on to these forums and to be honest with you you
» have “ANTI-ARMANI” written all over you. Your agenda is quite transparent
» my friend. Good luck on your mission.

mj2003 you are totally wrong about me.I actually think Armani is or appears to be the best in the business.I would be obliged if you could explain your remark about me.

Its remarks like this that I think are quite alarming,if anyone is damaging Armani reputation,its not me,think about how your remark seems to others,especially as I have not even knocked Armani…

I also realize if I make remarks about any transplant doctors without backing the facts up,the rules of the forum come into play.

The truth is I have been following hair multiplication for a few years now,but all the time I have also been following,researching hair transplants at the same time,on the basis that if HM doesn’t show up soon I might go down the hair transplant path.

ANTI-ARMANI I’M NOT.

minox is rogaine. I have been on it twice a day for 1.5 years. I have also been on propecia/proscar for 3+ years.

Ace

» minox is rogaine. I have been on it twice a day for 1.5 years. I have also
» been on propecia/proscar for 3+ years.
»

Ace,

It’s good to hear you have stuck with the minox and propecia.

I tried to call you a few weeks back but was unable to get through. Please shoot me an email at eric@alviarmani.com or give me a call on my cell phone, I would be happy to discuss your results and what you can expect going forward :slight_smile:

• Pats

“Ace, I looked at your 5 month photos in your blog and you have had quite a nice transformation. I think things look pretty good.”

» Hi,
» this matter?
»
» Thanks,
»
» Ace

Why are you guys commenting on his 5 month photos when he’s 10 months out??? Did you see this hairline??? There are serious issues here.

Who performed this surgery? I didn’t see it mentioned.
By the way, is that ridging and bumps under the skin of the hairline???

» “Ace, I looked at your 5 month photos in your blog and you have had quite a
» nice transformation. I think things look pretty good.”
»
»
»
»
»
» » Hi,

Pete if you read my post I said my comments were “only” based on the photos that were available. And that he needed to post more photos and more info if he wanted our opinions. When someone comes with concerns here wanting advise, all you can do is either speak ONLY of what is provided or ask for more photos and current ones. That’s what everyone did.

Where did you get the photo? What in the world are those bumps? Is that from pulling hair back really hard or is that something else?

Nevermind the growth for one second Ace, why haven’t you mentioned the rigid bumps and do they concern you? Is there something we should know since you didn’t mention them? I’d be screaming if I had those unexpectedly.

Peter asked good questions. And regarding the growth, I still say give it a few more months. If any surgeons or reps from any clinic disagree please say otherwise.

» Why are you guys commenting on his 5 month photos when he’s 10 months
» out??? Did you see this hairline??? There are serious issues here.
»
»
» Who performed this surgery? I didn’t see it mentioned.
» By the way, is that ridging and bumps under the skin of the hairline???
»
»
»
»
» » “Ace, I looked at your 5 month photos in your blog and you have had
» quite a
» » nice transformation. I think things look pretty good.”
» »
» »
» »
» »
» »
» » » Hi,

Well I’ve had the bumps there for 2-3 months and when I expressed my concerns to my clinic I was told that this was the normal process. I’ve shown my 8th month pictures to both the rep as well as the lead tech and I was told to wait it out…and waiting is what I’ve been doing. I know in the heart of my heart something is wrong.

» Well I’ve had the bumps there for 2-3 months and when I expressed my
» concerns to my clinic I was told that this was the normal process. I’ve
» shown my 8th month pictures to both the rep as well as the lead tech and I
» was told to wait it out…and waiting is what I’ve been doing. I know in
» the heart of my heart something is wrong.

Ace my heart goes out to you and sorry for your worries. Are the rigid bumps only on the side that you’re concerned with or in the entire transplanted area? Have you ever shown them to your family doctor? Maybe there is a reaction to the meds you’re taking? I never seen heard of anything like this.

In your opinion, does it look like the rigids have slowly dissapeared or have gotten better? Have they got worse? When did you start noticing them? Maybe one of the surgeons posting here could help.

Ten bucks says the growth issues don’t all go away in a few more months, and this patient also somehow gets convinced not to continue to publicly discuss this whole thing.

I would take that bet cal, but you said “all the way” lol. I don’t think any hair transplant gets 100% growth rate.

I’m glad to se I’m not the only one up late at night lurking the forum! (assuming ure in my time-zone):smiley:

Who said he shouldn’t continue to go publicize this whole thing?

» Ten bucks says the growth issues don’t all go away in a few more months,
» and this patient also somehow gets convinced not to continue to publicly
» discuss this whole thing.

» Why are you guys commenting on his 5 month photos when he’s 10 months
» out??? Did you see this hairline??? There are serious issues here.
»
»
» Who performed this surgery? I didn’t see it mentioned.
» By the way, is that ridging and bumps under the skin of the hairline???
»
»
»
»

what is up with those bumps? why is the clinic telling him this is normal???