Latest research study about AGA & Wnt

» » It looks like the discussion is back to gefitinib. Why aren’t you guys
» » concentrating on Wnt?

I agree that WNT should be one of the most important factors according to the studies I’ve read. WNT and Noggin. And it is also confirmed by the fact that the experiments done here using only EGF regulation haven’t really been successful in general.

» Im with you on this one.

+1 :slight_smile:

» I believed EGFR inhibitor would do the trick, but
» we have tried so many combinations with it. If it was the key to hair
» growth we would have gotten some good regrowth by now regardless of other
» drugs used at the same time.

Good point.

» So what does upregulate Wnt, besides lithium, wich does
» not seem to be efficiant enough?

As mentioned above, DKK1 downregulation should upregulate WNT. In other words, Keramin2 is a good candidate. IMO.

The Genfilitib cancer patient’s case keeps reeling my attention back to EGF-R inibition above all else. He’s by far the best regrowth we’ve seen involved with any wounding methods.

Baccy & other guys are seeing something, and that’s great. But it’s not on the level of what happened with this guy.

And just as importantly, he was not even following a program when he did it. Cotsarelis & friends are busting their asses on some very specific program of drugs and this guy just stumbled into huge regrowth. That says to me that whatever caused his regrowth must have been EXTREMELY effective.

We all agree that wnt seems to be important in the process. What I do not understand is that certain wnt inhibitors, such as procyanidins, have been used in trials for hairloss to promote growth. I am that confused that I have stopped taking apple polyphenol supplements (which are supposedly healthy) just in case it is inhibiting the wnt pathway and preventing further follicle development.
There are a lot of antioxidants that inhibit wnt and yet we are told that antioxidants are good for our hair. Are they or aren’t they? Does anyone know?

I’ll admit I don’t know anything about wnt. But aren’t there more than one forms of wnt? I seem to recall it was wnt3a? that was needed for hair. Is wnt not all the same? Do you need something for wnt3a specifically?

thanks for posting!

» There are a lot of antioxidants that inhibit wnt and yet we are told that
» antioxidants are good for our hair. Are they or aren’t they? Does anyone
» know?

Simply put, I think there is a difference between influencing progenitor/stem cell differentiation and keeping previously developed follicles healthy. What is good in the first case is not necessarily beneficial in the other.