Kudos to Travolta

He ditched the rug last week.

» He ditched the rug last week.

He must feel great taking that sweaty wig off his head, how old is he anyway? he’s still got a fair bit of his own hair.

I don’t think he’s permanently ditching the rug. He only wears his wig as part of his “celebrity” persona: i.e., in movies and on TV. He’s gone out and about without a wig in the past as well. I think he just has a good attitude toward wearing wigs: he wears it when he wants to.

» » He ditched the rug last week.
»
» He must feel great taking that sweaty wig off his head, how old is he
» anyway? he’s still got a fair bit of his own hair.

Wow,

Travolta used to have terrific hair in the seventies and eighties. He lost a bunch of it didn’t he?

He’s a good actor.

» I don’t think he’s permanently ditching the rug. He only wears his wig as
» part of his “celebrity” persona: i.e., in movies and on TV. He’s gone out
» and about without a wig in the past as well. I think he just has a good
» attitude toward wearing wigs: he wears it when he wants to.
»
» » » He ditched the rug last week.
» »
» » He must feel great taking that sweaty wig off his head, how old is he
» » anyway? he’s still got a fair bit of his own hair.

its kind of silly, I mean toupees in general

when you have one that is as obvious as his is, and it looks so totally ridiculous, and then people are whispering about it, and everyone knows, then you go out in public without it, then for sure everyone knows, …to put the litle rat on your head again after that, makes everyone think you need mental counseling, i mean realy whats the point

» when you have one that is as obvious as his is, and it looks so totally
» ridiculous, and then people are whispering about it, and everyone knows,
» then you go out in public without it, then for sure everyone knows,
» …to put the litle rat on your head again after that, makes everyone
» think you need mental counseling, i mean realy whats the point

i agree with you. the purpose is to conceal without people knowing. if people know, then why hide it? it’s you who look ridiculous then.

i hope i never wear a system. i sometimes consider it; however, i know i’ll regret it later down the road.

in my opinion, transplants are the optimal solution - they are permanent. no one at the office is going to laugh at you behind your back if you have a transplant. this is real hair growing out of your scalp. your not wearing a rug glued to your head. when i see someone with a system, my perception of them is that in general these people are fake.

Wow he sure had lost a lot since the good ol days of Saturday Night Fever. Can someone show a pic of him with his rug on for comparison?

Just go to images.google.com; there are plenty of pics without his hairpiece, esp. those from movies. It actually looks really good, imo.

» Wow he sure had lost a lot since the good ol days of Saturday Night Fever.
» Can someone show a pic of him with his rug on for comparison?

Yeah, there’s just something about a $20-million-dollar acting job that makes all kinds of guys suddenly start wanting to wear hairpieces while they’re onscreen. I can’t understand it.

Props to Travolta for going without a piece in public.

But I can’t understand why he didn’t just get HTs a long time ago. Judging by the pics he hasn’t already gotten HTs, but he’s in his 50’s and he’s probably got plenty of donor/loss ratio to get great coverage from it. And I can’t ever remember him actually doing a shaved head either, so what has he got to lose? Seems like he would have been an IDEAL candidate for getting subtle HTs a few times over the years and nobody would have ever suspected a thing.