Kerastem looks VERY good

Kerastem has been under my radar for awhile but the more I find out about it the more I like it.

Why do you like it jarjar?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Ralphy[/postedby]
Why do you like it jarjar?[/quote]

It solves the problem theoretically.

Listen, We all know that Yale University established that the signals (growth factors) from
fat cells and fat stem cells cause hair growth and that those signals are all that is
needed to make hair grow. Fat stem cells emit more of these signals (growth factors) than
fat does but they both emit the signals. We all know this.

What is needed is for us to get those signals (growth factors)to the follicles. We can
do that with Histogen or AAPE. But the problem is that with Histogen and AAPE the
treatments have to be injected and the follicles only get the growth factors when
injections are done. But in nature the fat cells and fat stem cells are emitting
these signals to the follicles on a more regular basis.

So they tried just implanting the fat stem cells but unfortunately that doesn’t work
because those darn cells migrate out of the injected area rapidly. The injected
cells can’t emit their signals (growth factors) to the follicles if those cells have
migrated out of the follicle area.

So the solution is to get the fat stem cells to say in the follicle area.

Kerastem purportedly solves this problem. Kerastem puts the fat stem cells into purified
fat (fat purified with the PUREGRAFT system)and injects the combination into the follicle
area. PUREGRAFT fat has long term retention capabilities so the fat stays in the injected
area longer. And since the fat stem cells are purportedly put into the puregraft fat it
seems
like that would keep those fat stem cells in the hair follicle area as well. And
again, implanted fat (purified fat that the cells are put into) also emits the key signals
to follicles but to a lesser degree than the fat stem cells.

If you look this all over it appears that medical science has built a system for hair
regrowth that is built on Yale University’s hair loss/growth discovery. Since the purified
fat and fat stem cells stay in the follicle area long term those cells and the new fat emit
the necessary signals (growth factors) to the follicles on a routine basis and long term.

Problem solved.

One concern: I’m communicating with the clinics offering it and the researchers. I want to be
sure that the fat stem cells are put into the purified fat in such a way that the purified fat
keeps the fat stem cells trapped in the purified fat. That is the only issue of concern to me.
They have already proved that purified fat stays in the implanted area long term.

Another way is to maintain lab cultures of the patients’ own purified fat and adipose derived stem cells (it has been shown now that somatic stem cells can be cultured easily enough despite what was said by Drs. Cotarelis and Garza in their PGD2 paper), and just keep on injecting them on a regular basis.

Unlike Histogen’s HSC and Samumed with their fear of exceeding minimal dosing limits because of potential cancer, you can inject fat tissue and ADSCs again and again. If the fat breaks down and depletes, or migrates out of the scalp, you can keep on injecting more.

That’s why I think on this you’re right, jarjar, Kerastem and similar ideas using fat grafting and ADSCs have much more potential than injecting dubious Wnt drugs and growth factors.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Another way is to maintain lab cultures of the patients’ own purified fat and adipose derived stem cells (it has been shown now that somatic stem cells can be cultured easily enough despite what was said by Drs. Cotarelis and Garza in their PGD2 paper), and just keep on injecting them on a regular basis.

Unlike Histogen’s HSC and Samumed with their fear of exceeding minimal dosing limits because of potential cancer, you can inject fat tissue and ADSCs again and again. If the fat breaks down and depletes, or migrates out of the scalp, you can keep on injecting more.

That’s why I think on this you’re right, jarjar, Kerastem and similar ideas using fat grafting and ADSCs have much more potential than injecting dubious Wnt drugs and growth factors.[/quote]

To me, the only question is whether or not they are really able to get those ADSCs to “attach” to the purified fat and stay in there. They put ADSCs into the purified fat but if those ADSC fall out of the purified fat after the fat is injected into the scalp then that’s a problem. They need to make the ADSCs bind to the purified fat somehow. I think they can do it but are they going to the trouble to do so?

You see, the ADSCs are put into the purified fat and then the purified fat is implanted in the scalp skin. It’s key that the ADSCs stay in the purified fat because if they fall out of the purified fat then they will migrate out of the follicle area and it goes without saying that, that would be a bad result.

A treatment for “early hair loss”?