Keracyte - grows thicker hair and reverses graying

http://www.keracyte.com/pages/how_keracyte_works/

What do you think guys? The photo is clearly biased (it is zoomed in in the first one, and zoomed out in the last one. the hair is longer as well and there is a kind of comb over. But still it looks like it did something …

At the risk of looking a nay-sayer I would say that in 5 weeks you can’t see any improvement at all even if your hairloss were completely cured. You would grow a millimeter so nothing would look different.

I wish I am wrong but I don’t think this will work at all.

» At the risk of looking a nay-sayer I would say that in 5 weeks you can’t
» see any improvement at all even if your hairloss were completely cured.
» You would grow a millimeter so nothing would look different.
»
» I wish I am wrong but I don’t think this will work at all.

you grow 1 - 1.25 cm every month

I have never heard of most of the ingredients. Looks kind of sketchy.

Jtelecom

» At the risk of looking a nay-sayer I would say that in 5 weeks you can’t
» see any improvement at all even if your hairloss were completely cured.
» You would grow a millimeter so nothing would look different.
»
» I wish I am wrong but I don’t think this will work at all.

I have a problem with the pictures.

When my hair started to grow back it did indeed start as early as 5-6 weeks, but it never jumped to being a few inches long; as these pictures seem to suggest. Instead I had a prickly scalp where small terminal hairs were coming through the skin.

The pictures on this site do appear to show more hair, but the problem is that it is long hair; either it is a comb-over or the pictures are way more than 5 weeks apart - I would say more like 6 months at least.

My 6 months pics are attached.

Despite the fact that if this is the case is very good, i am afraid of trusting pictures.

The first photos are with full flash where the last photo is like shoot me in dark!!!:surprised:

Can we get better pictures? :confused:

This can’t last forever. one day there must be something that really works.

» Despite the fact that if this is the case is very good, i am afraid of
» trusting pictures.
»
» The first photos are with full flash where the last photo is like shoot me
» in dark!!!:surprised:
»
» Can we get better pictures? :confused:

The last one is darker, but the first 2 are shot with a full flash and were only 5 months apart.

Ultimately you can chose to believe or disbelieve me; even if I were to meet someone to prove my regrowth someone would probably question whether the first picture was real!

It is a fact that people have regrown hair. This is not the question. The questions are how, with what and will it work for the majority; and if not why not?

» http://www.keracyte.com/pages/how_keracyte_works/
»
»
» What do you think guys? The photo is clearly biased (it is zoomed in in
» the first one, and zoomed out in the last one. the hair is longer as well
» and there is a kind of comb over. But still it looks like it did something
» …

All crap show me a study produced by a 3rd party (unlike those bs fluridil studies) that proves these results.

$160 waste of money
your a fool if you buy it

From a New York Times article

Argireline :

Another short-chain peptide is acetyl hexapeptide-3, better known by its trade name Argireline, which was created by chemists at Lipotec in Barcelona. It aims to have properties similar to the botulinum toxin and can theoretically act on the same nerve-muscle connection that Botox works on. Botox breaks the connection, deadening the muscle, while Argireline merely inhibits the connection, which could relax the muscle, said Jon D. Packer, chief executive of its North American distributor, Centerchem.

But Argireline in a cream does not penetrate deeply enough to reach the muscle. . Yet, like other peptides, Dr. Packer said, it has ‘‘a de-stressing effect on the skin’’ that encourages the growth of new skin and collagen. Argireline can be found in antiwrinkle products like Avotox, Serutox, Firma-taux and Wrinkle Control System.

Tocopheryl Acetate = vitamin E

“Tropoelastin is a water-soluble molecule with a molecular weight of approximately 70,000 daltons. Multiple tropoelastin molecules covalently bind together with crosslinks to form the protein elastin that is very prevalent in the body. Tropoelastin is used in a lot of anti wrinkle creams on the market.” - from Wikipedia

From Preservatives| ChemistryStore.com

Germaben II

Germaben II is an ideal preservative system for shampoos, hair conditioners and emulsion products. Germaben II minimizes the problems associated with incorporating solid Parabans. It dissolves completely in cosmetic formulations at a 1.0% concentration over a wide pH range. It can be conveniently incorporated into cold processed shampoos and into creams and lotions during their manufacture. The preferred method of addition of Germaben II is to add it slowly to the product with good stirring just prior to the addition of the fragrance. Germaben II has also been successfully used to preserve troublesome formulations containing nonionic surfactants, proteins, soluble collagen, aloe vera extracts and herbal extracts. The broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity obtained by the combination of Germall II with methylparaben and propylparaben provides the preservation protection necessary for sophisticated personal care products.

Germaben II is recommended to be used at a level of up to 1.0%. This level provides to the product: 0.30% Germall II, 0.11% methylparaben, 0.03% propylparaben and 0.56% propylene glycol. Shampoos and liquid soaps generally require less than 1.0% Germaben II. Although Germaben II provides excellent antimicrobial preservation, every developed or modified product should be challenge tested to assure preservative efficacy.

Germaben II is a clear viscous liquid with a characteristic mild odor. It is readily soluble at a level of 1.0% in both aqueous solutions and oil/water emulsions. Germaben II is a convenient, ready to-use complete antimicrobial preservative system with a broad spectrum of activity. The solubilized combination of Germaben II with methylparaben and propylparaben is effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and against yeast and mold. Germaben II can be used without additional co-preservatives and is compatible with essentially all cosmetic ingredients, including surfactants and proteins.

This article talks about ProliSel, they claim it’s for UV protection and DHT.

Dermaplus, a New York-based provider of anti-aging skin care solutions, has turned its attentions to anti-aging treatments for hair care with the launch of a new scalp conditioner, Keracyte.

The product is derived from the company’s patented active ingredient Elastatropin, which forms a key ingredient in its anti-wrinkle treatment DermaLastyl.

It says that Keracyte has been formulated to stimulate hair follicles to make existing hair shafts thicker, stronger and longer, giving an impression of more luxurious and youthful looking hair.

However, the product also contains a catalytic anti-oxidant, Prolisel, which the company says protectects against the damaging effects of UV light and dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

DHT is thought to be 30 times more potent than testosterone and is responsible for many cases of male pattern baldness, whereas UV light has been attributed with speeding up the aging and thinning process in hair follicles.

“We believe that healthy skin is the key to healthy hair growth. It is widely known that hereditary hair loss occurs when DHT and UV light damage cells in scalp follicles,” said Dr. Burt Ensley, PhD, CEO of Dermaplus.

Dr. Ensley went on to describe how the follicles get progressively smaller, shortening the hair growth cycle and eventually resulting in thinner and shorter follicles, and ultimately no hair growth.

“We know that human hair follicles are little factories associated with and responsible for production of proteins such as elastin and keratin,” he continued. “Not only is tropoelastin produced by the cells in the hair follicles but the follicles themselves appear to depend on it.”

The company says that to combat the age-related thinning and balding process in hair follicles, it has turned to the same process it uses ints DermaLastyl anti-wrinkle treatment.

This is because testing carried out by the company showed that the hair follicle growth responds and is encouraged by both elastatropin and prolisel.

Other ingredients included in the formulation include matrixyl 3000, argireline, hyaluronic acid, provitamin B, germaben and ProliSel

Dr. Ensley also says that some of the individuals using the treatment have reported that it has led to natural hair color being restored.

Increasingly hair care providers are turning their attentions to products that claim to have restorative properties, as the big race for increasingly effective anti-aging treatments spills into the hair care segment.

Perhaps the most high profile example of this has been the recent global launch from Unilever with a new line of Dove hair care products targeting mature women and their specific hair care requirements.

Most of the ingredients can be found in this product too, almost identical.
http://www.bellaplex.com/freelongevity/ingredients.htm

Matrixyl 3000®
Matrixyl 3000® was designed to promote collagen production while strengthening the essential structure of skin tissue. Matrixyl 3000 remarkably encourages skin tissue to restore itself to a more youthful strength while promoting deep tissue repair.

When skin is wrinkled, tiny cells called fibroblasts help to repair the damaged area by forming new tissue. Part of the fibroblasts job is to produce new collagen, an essential component of connective tissue. Although your fibroblasts never completely lose their ability to create more collagen, with age your levels dwindle and your skin dries out and wrinkles.

Matrixyl 3000 stimulates fibroblast molecules in the skin, enabling them to significantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

In a clinical trial, Matrixyl® 3000, a key ingredient in Bellaplex™, achieved the following results:

• 33% decrease in wrinkle density
• 23% decrease in the volume of wrinkles
• 20% decrease in the depth of wrinkles

The proven benefits of Matrixyl 3000 are:

• A reduction in the appearance of wrinkle volume and depth
• A reduction in the appearance of roughness and complexity
• A decrease in the area around wrinkles and the appearance of wrinkle density

Bellaplex with Matrixyl 3000 will stimulate the production of collagen for a more resilient, youthful look.

http://www.ctds.info/hyaluronic_acid.html

What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid (also called Hyaluronan) is a component of connective tissue whose function is to cushion and lubricate. Hyaluronan occurs throughout the body in abundant amounts in many of the places people with hereditary connective tissue disorders have problems such as joints, heart valves and eyes. Hyaluronic acid abnormalities are a common thread in connective tissue disorders. Interestingly, they are also common biochemical anomalies in most of the individual features of connective tissue disorders such as mitral valve prolapse, TMJ, osteoarthritis, and keratoconus.

Hyaluronic acid has been nicknamed by the press as the “key to the fountain of youth” because it has been noted that at least some people who ingest a lot of it in their diets tend to live to ripe old ages. ABC News had a show on a village in Japan and hyaluronic acid entitled, “The Village of Long Life: Could Hyaluronic Acid Be an Anti-Aging Remedy?”. (It should be noted that the people in the ABC news show were thought to get high amounts of HA from starchy root vegetables their natural diets. They were not taking supplements.)

While a number of studies have linked abnormal levels of HA to either connective tissue disorders (CTDs) or conditions common in CTDs, such as premature aging, there are also a number of studies on Pubmed noting associations of high levels of HA to some forms of cancer. With HA as with other substances in the human body, such as estrogen and cholesterol, there are most likely optimal levels, and disease often occurs when these levels become out of range in either direction. Low estrogen levels have been linked to bone loss, while high estrogen levels have been associated with breast cancer. High cholesterol levels have been linked to heart attacks and stroke, while low levels have been linked to bleeding problems and depression. HA has been studied less than either cholesterol or estrogen, but the prudent path would be to assume that the body has optimal levels of HA, as it does for cholesterol, estrogen and many other substances.

» » http://www.keracyte.com/pages/how_keracyte_works/
» »
» »
» » What do you think guys? The photo is clearly biased (it is zoomed in in
» » the first one, and zoomed out in the last one. the hair is longer as
» well
» » and there is a kind of comb over. But still it looks like it did
» something
» » …
»
»
»
» All crap show me a study produced by a 3rd party (unlike those bs fluridil
» studies) that proves these results.
»
» $160 waste of money
» your a fool if you buy it

I agree Gretzky, a total waste of money. Those photos show absolutely nothing.

» » » http://www.keracyte.com/pages/how_keracyte_works/
» » »
» » »
» » » What do you think guys? The photo is clearly biased (it is zoomed in
» in
» » » the first one, and zoomed out in the last one. the hair is longer as
» » well
» » » and there is a kind of comb over. But still it looks like it did
» » something
» » » …
» »
» »
» »
» » All crap show me a study produced by a 3rd party (unlike those bs
» fluridil
» » studies) that proves these results.
» »
» » $160 waste of money
» » your a fool if you buy it
»
» I agree Gretzky, a total waste of money. Those photos show absolutely
» nothing.

Hey Kramersheep, funny how you see no regrowth in these photos, I clearly see SOME
When you see great regrowth in the NO RESULTS photos of Lawrence the Loser

what did you use to get your results ?

cheers, col.

Thanks for posting the ingredients so in other words, they are trying to sell us a face cream for hair loss!