Keloid scars repair - 4 months pics after Acell treatment

These are provided by Dr. Hitzig www.nyhairloss.com. The BEFORE pic shows a patient with recurrent donor keloid scarring, despite multiple revisions and cortisone injections.

The AFTER picture is from a 4 month follow up.

BEFORE

AFTER 4 MONTHS

SIDE BY SIDE - 4 MONTHS

personally i cant understand anything from the before and the after…i dont see the difference because in the first picture u can see a good part of the the donor head and in the second one,the photo has been taken closer and u cant see the donor head as in the first one…only a part around the ear…
correct me if i m wrong but thats what i see…i know that is early for any conclusions but better before and after pictures are needed to see what happens with this stuff…

The same patient is also on this Acell-Flyer, but with a three-month-after-photo.

http://www.acell.com/files/Surgical_Site_Wound.pdf

How its relevant to people who are trying to grow hair, I don’t know.

» How its relevant to people who are trying to grow hair, I don’t know.

I actually agree with fckhrls on this one. The whole thing about Acell does seem like a facade BUT that does not mean I do not appreciate HairSite going out of its way to help me! I hope fckhrls and I are both wrong but the more I think about it something seems fishy here.

I think you can clearly see the differencces in the scar area eventhough not the entire scar has been treated. I think if this proves success then people can have strip hair transplantation. I have a scar 15.5 cm long from bosley I would love to do something about it.

It may or may not grow hair. Even if it doesn’t, it might greatly benefit (if it eliminates or improves scars) many people who have been horribly scarred from previous HT surgeries or scalp reductions. I’ve read several posts from people in this situation who would love to shave their heads, but cannot due to bad scarring.

Anyways, it seems HM is a long way off (several years) so it gives us something interesting to read (at least in my opinion) in the meantime.

» » How its relevant to people who are trying to grow hair, I don’t know.
»
» It may or may not grow hair. Even if it doesn’t, it might greatly benefit
» (if it eliminates or improves scars) many people who have been horribly
» scarred from previous HT surgeries or scalp reductions. I’ve read several
» posts from people in this situation who would love to shave their heads,
» but cannot due to bad scarring.
»
» Anyways, it seems HM is a long way off (several years) so it gives us
» something interesting to read (at least in my opinion) in the meantime.

That’s a good way of looking at it will. At least its helping other peoples happyness and its still interesting.

» » » How its relevant to people who are trying to grow hair, I don’t know.
» »
» » It may or may not grow hair. Even if it doesn’t, it might greatly
» benefit
» » (if it eliminates or improves scars) many people who have been horribly
» » scarred from previous HT surgeries or scalp reductions. I’ve read
» several
» » posts from people in this situation who would love to shave their
» heads,
» » but cannot due to bad scarring.
» »
» » Anyways, it seems HM is a long way off (several years) so it gives us
» » something interesting to read (at least in my opinion) in the meantime.
»
» That’s a good way of looking at it will. At least its helping other
» peoples happyness and its still interesting.

It helps me for sure, I have been looking for the best approach to fix my strip scar and if it grows hair that’s even bettter although I couldn’t tell from the pics if there was any regrowth. Hairsite, the pics look amazing but can you find out about the success rate and how much something like this will cost?

» » How its relevant to people who are trying to grow hair, I don’t know.
»
» It may or may not grow hair. Even if it doesn’t, it might greatly benefit
» (if it eliminates or improves scars) many people who have been horribly
» scarred from previous HT surgeries or scalp reductions. I’ve read several
» posts from people in this situation who would love to shave their heads,
» but cannot due to bad scarring.
»
» Anyways, it seems HM is a long way off (several years) so it gives us
» something interesting to read (at least in my opinion) in the meantime.

Scars are NOT the point. These docs released a press release claiming a “hair cloning breakthrough”. Where is it? Scar revision is what Acell is supposed to do. That is not news. These guys better prove their cloning “breakthrough” soon with some peer-reviewable material (not just photos - hair counts), or their reputation is going to take a major hit.

I think the entire purpose of acell is heeling wounds with new hairs on the scar. As you can see in the previous picture and this one hairs plus dramatic improvement of the scar. If this proves success then people can have strip hair transplant. And the scar can be repaired with acell.

» I think the entire purpose of acell is heeling wounds with new hairs on the
» scar. As you can see in the previous picture and this one hairs plus
» dramatic improvement of the scar. If this proves success then people can
» have strip hair transplant. And the scar can be repaired with acell.

I see two pictures with two different hair cuts. I don’t see a hair count, nor any “new” hair, nor any other data or literature. If they’re going to put out a press release that claims they’ve cloned hair, they better prove it. After all, that’s what research scientists do - they publish and wait for the rest of the community to evaluate.

Acell is supposed to aid in scar and wound healing. That’s what its designed to do. Having it do that to a HT scar is NOT a breakthrough for hair loss research. They claimed CLONING - lets see it.

Is ANYONE seeing ANY improvement (hair regarding) in these pictures?

I dont.

» Is ANYONE seeing ANY improvement (hair regarding) in these pictures?
»
» I dont.
That’s a good question. But I have a better question:

Is Acell’s ECM product called “MatriStem” (trademark) able to let hair grow via Matri-Stem regenerated skin/tissue?

YES or NO ?

If YES - why?
If NO - why?

I think, that is all we wish to know. :yes:

It didn’t work then, why should it work now? Why should it EVER work for hair? Fool me once…

» It didn’t work then, why should it work now? Why should it EVER work for
» hair? Fool me once…

From what I was told, it was done differently this time.

Last time when Dr. Jones did his experiment, he used DRY Acell sheets. This time, Dr. Cooley and Dr. Hitzig use the powder suspension in their trial. Dr. Hitzig mentioned that they are trying to develop a gel so that it will be easier to apply. Dr. Hitzig is also experimenting with plucked hairs using Acell to enhance growth.

Time will tell if these changes will make any difference at all.

I agree with you on this. We know Acell is good for people with scars and we know it’s very good at healing wounds. What we want to know is what effects it has on hairgrowth on a man who is suffering from male pattern baldness. Does it or does it not regenerate follicles.

It’s a really simple question, and from where I’m sitting it would be really easy to test. These doctors really irritate me.

Either it can leave you with more hairs than before you used it, or it can’t.

» Either it can leave you with more hairs than before you used it, or it
» can’t.

Now I’ve got an idea.I’ll open a hairloss clinic.We will call it BALDIE42 Hairloss Clinic.I will offer several methods to get all your money off you.
I will become a very rich man in a very short time,so please post all methods that work and don’t work here.I don’t really care if they work or not,I just want your money.

Sound familiar to you!

» Last time when Dr. Jones did his experiment, he used DRY Acell sheets.
» This time, Dr. Cooley and Dr. Hitzig use the powder suspension in their
» trial. Dr. Hitzig mentioned that they are trying to develop a gel so that
» it will be easier to apply. Dr. Hitzig is also experimenting with plucked
» hairs using Acell to enhance growth.
»
» Time will tell if these changes will make any difference at all.

Ahh, now I know what’s going on behind the scenes. Cooley mentioned something about that some month ago on another hairloss board.

Anyway, a gel would be a good idea, I think.