Joe Tillman New Clinic Association, Dr. Karadeniz

In the interest of transparency and openness I’m letting everyone know that I’m working with a new clinic and a new doctor. Dr. Emre Karadeniz and AEK Hair institute in Istanbul. I will not be working officially as a consultant but rather I’ll be working in an advisory capacity. However, if anyone wishes, I can review any recommendations he has made through my second opinion service offered through my website.

Hair Transplant Mentor Website

Who is Dr. Karadeniz? Never heard of him before.

Hi Damraak,

I’m not surprised you haven’t heard of him. There are supposedly a few hundred clinics in Turkey, all jockeying for attention:) Dr. K is one of the few doctors in Turkey that, when performing FUE, does all of the extractions himself along with the incisions. You can read more about him here…

Dr. Emre Karadeniz Profile on Hair Transplant Mentor.Com

If you have any more questions I’ll do my best to answer them. I’m flying to Turkey in the next several weeks to do a proper review of his clinic so you can learn more him then as well.

I didn’t know you could trademark The Hair Transplant Mentor, learn something new every day.

Is this a joke?

a few hundred? I have no idea Turkey is such a huge market for FUE. isn’t a few hundred clinics pretty substantial for hair transplant?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by damraak[/postedby]
a few hundred? I have no idea Turkey is such a huge market for FUE. isn’t a few hundred clinics pretty substantial for hair transplant?[/quote]

Yes, a few hundred. One website I found pegs the number at 250 clinics but I’ve heard there are a significant number of clinics more than this but I cannot verify that. Regardless, yes, that is a big number considering it is a country of 73 million people.

What is interesting is that on the ISHRS website there are only 23 clinics listed in Turkey and each one of course has a doctor associated with it. This discrepancy may reflect a rough number of how many clinics are technician only clinics which is rather scary. The United States in comparison has 330 million people and has 328 registered clinics and of course in the US you cannot have a technician only clinic so when you compare the numbers overall Turkey does indeed have a disproportionate number of hair transplant clinics.

a few hundred clinics is nothing, we are talking about 70+ million people in Turkey and 300+ million in the US. do the math, on average, 1 clinic is servicing 1 million people in the US!!

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ipod[/postedby]
a few hundred clinics is nothing, we are talking about 70+ million people in Turkey and 300+ million in the US. do the math, on average, 1 clinic is servicing 1 million people in the US!![/quote]

Yes, it is a “nothing” # when you consider the big picture. The point is that it is a much higher ratio of clinics to people in Turkey than it is in the US. 1 clinic for every 1 million people in the US sounds about right but in Turkey it is 1 clinic for every 292,000 people. This represents a 70% higher clinic density for the population than that of the US if I’m translating the math correctly. That’s pretty significant and just shows how popular the treatment is becoming in Turkey, and it is part of the much larger overall industry of medical tourism.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ipod[/postedby]
a few hundred clinics is nothing, we are talking about 70+ million people in Turkey and 300+ million in the US. do the math, on average, 1 clinic is servicing 1 million people in the US!![/quote]

You are assuming every single person, man or woman, is a candidate for hair transplant!