Jarjar, clinic in Honduras doing trials with adipose derived tissue

Clinic in Honduras has registered clinical trials using adipose derived cells (what they call “stromal” tissue, which should include a lot of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells)…

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02849470

Roger, I think stromal tissue is that stuff that includes fat cells, adipose derived stem cells, and some other gunk too. I think stromal tissue includes fat cells, ADSCs, and some other gunk too. I think Kerastem is similar but Kerastem might be better because with Kerastem they filter out the useless stuff and they add a high dose of ADSCs. And phase 2 clinical studies for Kerastem studies are taking place right now in the USA.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02503852

Between Kerastem and Tsuji I think that for the most part hair loss will be pretty treatable by 2020

I have little or no faith in Histogen or Replicel or Shiseido.

I agree, Jarjar – the stromal tissue is a mixture of all that stuff, including stem cells plus lots of worthless junk. I’m skeptical about this company in Honduras, too, because they’re using ACell and PRP as part of the treatment they’re testing. Those two products may be useful in promoting wound healing, but they’ve never been shown to grow hair – despite what a lot of HT clinics seem to be claiming. So overall, I don’t think these trials in Honduras have much promise for us – though I could be wrong. We’ll see…

The fact that a place like Honduras allows something to be commercially sold for hair loss does not constitute evidence that it works. There is no other supporting evidence for this at all.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
The fact that a place like Honduras allows something to be commercially sold for hair loss does not constitute evidence that it works. There is no other supporting evidence for this at all.[/quote]

It’s not even commercial sale of this – these are just registered clinical trials.

I think it’s stupid for researchers anywhere to waste time on this stromal stuff when Kerastem is already in phase 2 and Kerastem is obviously much better.

Firstly, like Roger said, they are not selling it commercially in Honduras. It’s a
study.

Secondly, there is evidence to support the idea being tested in Honduras. Yale University
discovered that fat cells and ADSCs produce the ONLY signals that follicles need to
grow hairs. This means that the stromal tissue being studied in Honduras is supported by
evidence because that stromal tissue contains fat cells and ADSCs, but unfortunately the
stromal tissue being studied in Honduras contains other impurities and the amount of ADSCs
is low.

On the other hand, Kerastem has the needed fat cells and ADSCs for hair growth, the impurities
are removed, and extra ADSCs are added.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

I have little or no faith in Histogen or Replicel or Shiseido.[/quote]

I can understand having no faith in Replicel and definitely none whatsoever for Shiseido but I think Histogen looks promising, it will not be a cure but something that we can probably use to improve the results we have with minox and finasteride , it will buy us more time. Histogen is the most promising among the 3.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

I have little or no faith in Histogen or Replicel or Shiseido.

[postedby]Originally Posted by ipod[/postedby]

I can understand having no faith in Replicel and definitely none whatsoever for Shiseido but I think Histogen looks promising, it will not be a cure but something that we can probably use to improve the results we have with minox and finasteride , it will buy us more time. Histogen is the most promising among the 3.[/quote]

Why do you have no faith in Shiseido?

Well, for starters Shiseido is basically Replicel and Replicel has already done 1 study and their results were dismal. And then YOU explained to me that the problem with Replicel’s treatment is that when the cells are injected into the skin some of the cells do enter the follicles but many (Maybe even most) fall through the skin without landing in the follicles. If the injected cells don’t land in the follicles they can’t produce hairs.

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Why do you have no faith in Shiseido?[/quote]

i travel to asia for work often, there are tons of lotions and potions from japan and elsewhere that claim to grow hair, products and treatments we have never heard of in the US, at first i thought it was a big advantage that Shiseido is involved since it is one of the largest cosmetic companies in the world, but i have seen how unregulated the whole industry is over there with little or no government scrutiny over claims about hair growth, so I have my doubts.

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Why do you have no faith in Shiseido?

[postedby]Originally Posted by ipod[/postedby]

i travel to asia for work often, there are tons of lotions and potions from japan and elsewhere that claim to grow hair, products and treatments we have never heard of in the US, at first i thought it was a big advantage that Shiseido is involved since it is one of the largest cosmetic companies in the world, but i have seen how unregulated the whole industry is over there with little or no government scrutiny over claims about hair growth, so I have my doubts.[/quote]

Understandable, especially since we’re talking about a cosmetics company here (Shiseido). That makes it seem even more doubtful. Also, the fact that, at least in part, the Replicel and Shiseido projects are one in the same. In 2013, they announced a joint project, and I believe they still haven’t explained whether the two companies’ treatments will be the same thing, or two different products.