James Bond, what is your opinion of Sanford-Burnham?

The injected ADSCs do not stay put. They migrate out of the area they are injected into within a matter of days. A few days. You would have to get this treatment once, or even twice, a week to make any difference. It would be burdensome and expensive to inject ADSCs once or twice a week.

It would be a lot easier to inject just the growth factors from those same cells once or twice per week. Those growth factors are called Histogen or AAPE.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]
The injected ADSCs do not stay put. They migrate out of the area they are injected into within a matter of days. A few days. You would have to get this treatment once, or even twice, a week to make any difference. It would be burdensome and expensive to inject ADSCs once or twice a week.

It would be a lot easier to inject just the growth factors from those same cells once or twice per week. Those growth factors are called Histogen or AAPE.[/quote]

Why are we spending time on this when in the end you are going to ask me to continue to wait for Histogen???

[quote]you are an idiot for even asking me that, of course blood is not the same as fat, what i am getting at is that doctors are using the same logic in their sales pitch, they associate things such as blood and fat tissues with stem cells in order to make people think that they are getting some cutting edge treatment.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Not really. They aren’t using the same sales pitch, because (1) no doctors in the US are using ADSCs for hair loss; (2) ADSCs are completely different from platelets. Platelets are in no way, shape or form a stem cell; and (3) with ADSCs it’s not the “fat” tissue itself that is active; it’s stem cells that just happen to be located within the fat tissue. The fat is discarded; it’s not used. With PRP treatment, they keep the blood plasma and inject it into you.

Truth is, PRP has some potential to help in wound healing, but that is ALL. It will not give you more hair, whether applied in conjunction with a hair transplant, or as a separate therapy. Any statements to the contrary are inaccurate and misleading.

When you say, in your previous post, “I no longer believe in Platelet Rich Plasma”, I have to wonder why you believed in PRP in the first place. I think a number of American doctors are using unethical and deceptive sales tactics to promote PRP. They appear to be misleadingly implying that it can do things that it really can’t do.

Have you had PRP therapy, hair1010? Was it in conjunction wtih an HT, or as a stand-alone therapy? If so, what was the doctor’s sales pitch?[/quote]

geez, why is everybody taking everything i said so literally !

of course i know prp and adsc are two different things, how many times do i have to repeat that. what i m getting at is that these doctors are trying to make people think that blood plasma or fat tissues have the stem cells we need to grow hair when in fact they have little or no proof.

next thing you know they are going to say your sweat, your saliva etc etc has the growth factors we need for hair, and they are safe because it is taken from our own body blah blah.

it’s the same sales pitch over and over again.

Did you understand when I said PRP has no stem cells in it, but ADSCs are real live stem cells?

I do realize that a number of American HT doctors (particularly I think in NYC and Miami) are using misleading advertising that equates PRP with “stem cells” (some of these docs may be offering an extra treatment of a fat distillate, i.e. some kind of mixture precipitated from centrifuging down fat extracted from your body, along wit the PRP, and claiming that has “stem cells” in it… which haven’t been specifically extracted, so there is no guarantee of getting any stem cells, or a particular number, in the volume of fluid injected. And when they advertise this to patients, the patients don’t really understand, all they hear is “PRP” and “stem cells”, so they equate the two and think PRP is a form of stem cell treatment which it is NOT).

Anyway, I don’t blame you if you’re confused by some of this, as I would expect many people who don’t have a scientific background to be. Your skepticism is justified, but I assure you, ASDCs are real live stem cells, in contrast to blood plasma, platelets, saliva, etc., which aren’t.

Just so you know, I wouldn’t count on ADSCs. You see, these ADSCs migrate out of the target area rapidly. Very rapidly. So you would have to make repeat injections of these cells. That means you would have to repeatedly harvest fat tissue, extract the ADSCs from the fat tissue, culture the ADSCs, and then inject them time after time in intervals. It’s laborious and expensive.

But the only stuff that matters in the ADSCs is probably the growth factors. And if you could get just the growth factors you could skip the parts about repeatedly harvesting fat tissue, extracting the ADSCs from the fat tissue, and culturing the ADSCs. All you would have to do repeatedly is the injections because you start out with the important part of the ADSCs - the growth factors.

And there are two potions that contain only the growth factors. One potion is Histogen’s HSC and the other potion is AAPE.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by James Bond[/postedby]

Jahoda’s early research showed many different cell types result in new follicles in rats. Gho found that DP cells aren’t as inductive in humans as the cells on plucked hairs (proximal to the ORS). McElwee discovered cultured DSC cells have the ability to migrate into miniature follicles and grow thick hair (he dyed the cells and then dissected the follicles to prove it). Thus, Replicel’s technique is based on culturing DSC cells, which despite being proximal, don’t express the same as DP cells.[/quote]

We can sum 20/25 years of hair loss researches in only 4 lines.