ISHRS lacking in fair representation (why USA should have all the monopoly)

Hey seanfue. By any chance are you on the hair restoration network site? I think I’ve seen your name on there.

Hi Zlaer, yes, im on a couple.

I think ISHRS is open to everyone. However, the board members are quite skeptical about clinics in Turkey and India because they are cheaper, offer partly the same quality and patients are more and more willing to travel abroad. So they see their business at risk. The other day I saw a statistic that stated that 60% of the HT patients in western countries are willing to travel abroad for their surgery . I think after covid the globalization process of the hair transplant surgery will continue and countries like Turkey will further increase their relevance in the industry.

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark: CONGRATS to Dr. Kapil Dua and well deserved !

Below is the latest announcement by AK Hair Clinics upon the conclusion of the ISHRS conference in Portugal last week.

We have the pleasure of working with Dr. Kapil Dua and his amazing team over the years; they are by far one of the most professional and dedicated hair clinics in the world. We trust that ISHRS will continue to thrive and reach new heights under Dr. Kapil Dua’s stewardship.

Kudos to ISHRS for finally recognizing the importance of board diversity.

:white_check_mark::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

"We’re happy and proud to announce that Dr. Kapil Dua, co-founder & chief consultant of AK CLINICS, has been elected as the Vice President of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery in the 29th World Congress that was held in Lisbon. Dr. Kapil Dua couldn’t attend the meeting in person, but we are so happy to announce this.

Dr. Kapil Dua vowed that he will do his best to contribute in the field and especially to fight ISHRS’s initiative of “Fight-the-fight”, wherein the international society has declared war on unethical practices, unlicensed physicians and establish International standards in India as well. " - AK Hair Clinics