Is this your future if you get a hair transplant

One of the things that has always made me nervous is the potential of future thinning, What if you tap out your donor getting a great result with a NW 3 situation, and then later in life you progress to a NW7

you have a nice thick top, all transplanted , sitting atop your head with a huge ring of bald around it, then since you have no donor scalp hair left, how in the hell do you fix this? short answer is, you cant, and you look like a freak, forced to shave your head, even then you would look very strange

or wait for HM to come to your rescue

I doubt even body hair could fix this

now of course if you knew you would eventually progress to this stage, no way would you have transplanted so thickly on top. you would have probably chosen not to get a HT at all, or very very thinly covered the top area so that it would look somewhat natural

but at the stage of this photo you have permanently handicapped yourself and you have put yourself in a no win situation,

to me this is a prime reason for guys not to get a HT in their 20s ESPECIALLy IF THEY are quickly thinning,

or then you have the guys who are just a NW1 OR 2 and who go and use up like 4000 grafts on just thickening their hairlines. to me this is borderline insanity that would be realized if they continued to bald and ended up like the guy below

Have you actually seen someone who looks like this picture?

» Have you actually seen someone who looks like this picture?
»

i am sure nobody would go out like this in public, they would wear a hat, shave their head, wear a toupee etc

this of course is an extreme hypothetical example, but it illustrates the potential problems and lack of options with severe future thinning, combined with thick overharvesting of current donor hair ,

» » Have you actually seen someone who looks like this picture?
» »
»
» i am sure nobody would go out like this in public, they would wear a hat,
» shave their head, wear a toupee etc
»
» this of course is an extreme hypothetical example, but it illustrates the
» potential problems and lack of options with severe future thinning,
» combined with thick overharvesting of current donor hair ,

I see what you are getting at but I think there are some major flaws with your picture/theory. Is the picture trying to depict a guy who had fue or strip?

It doesn’t matter which type of HT surgery or a combination of them. Same ultimate problem.

Get too many HT grafts packed onto the top early in life, run out of donor hair to raid, and then have your loss continue into NW#7 territory. It’s not common but it’s entirely possible. There’s absolutely no reason to say it can’t happen to you if you’ve got a single NW#7 case in the family or even just some extensively-thinning NW#6s.

Of course we don’t SEE these cases. It’s probably too shameful for most men who got HTs early in life in the first place to endure looking like that for life.

But I’ll bet the hairpiece joints have seen some of these cases over the years.

» It doesn’t matter which type of HT surgery or a combination of them. Same
» ultimate problem.
»
» Get too many HT grafts packed onto the top early in life, run out of donor
» hair to raid, and then have your loss continue into NW#7 territory. It’s
» not common but it’s entirely possible. There’s absolutely no reason to say
» it can’t happen to you if you’ve got a single NW#7 case in the family or
» even just some extensively-thinning NW#6s.
»
»
»
» Of course we don’t SEE these cases. It’s probably too shameful for most
» men who got HTs early in life in the first place to endure looking like
» that for life.
»
» But I’ll bet the hairpiece joints have seen some of these cases over the
» years.

Dr. Arvind and Umar have done reasonably good hair restorations for NW 6. Theres the recent one being talked about (Dr. Umar’s patient) and theres Viking and TH(Dr. Arvind’s patients).
With beard and body hair in the equation, NW 6 should not be a deadly spectre for most patients who can afford and have donor hair.

» It doesn’t matter which type of HT surgery or a combination of them. Same
» ultimate problem.

It does matter. If someone had fue done then he could easily buzz cut all over and look natural, so this picture would not make sense because nobody would wear his hair like this if he can cut his hair short all over.

» » It doesn’t matter which type of HT surgery or a combination of them.
» Same
» » ultimate problem.
»
» It does matter. If someone had fue done then he could easily buzz cut all
» over and look natural, so this picture would not make sense because nobody
» would wear his hair like this if he can cut his hair short all over.
»
»

but if you wear the hair short all over, even justin timberlake style, with this hair distribution, you think it would look normal? nope

maybe if you shaved it yes

1. If the guy progresses to a NW7, he will definitely have donor thinning, look at 70-80 year old guys, or young NW7’s and they have very thin wreaths in the back…Thus the top, where the donor came from, would not be this thick mass, but would also be thin and sparse and would match the thinness from teh back.

2)There are people with natural remaining hairlines and very bald crowns…like the soccer player Zidane…Also, body hair could close the remaining gap between the front and the hair in the back. Lastly if the hair on the top was grown out long and combed down, it would cover most of the skin

The reason I say “FUE or strip doesn’t matter” is because nobody is even getting that much coverage on top without strip.

Most FUE patients barely achieve 5-6K grafts in total. And usually the end result barely looks like any more than 4000 grafts for that matter. And the extremely small size of a NW#6-7’s safe zone shrinks the possibilities even more than the “average” FUE patient is working with.

Face it, nobody is getting extensive head coverage with exclusively FUE work. Maybe it could theoretically happen in the future but it’s definitely not happening now.

» Have you actually seen someone who looks like this picture?
»

yeah. MR T
I pity the fool that thinks this is the outcome of FUE.