Is there a study on the application of cold as a protocol for hairloss?

people working in cold lockers wear warm clothing.

people in air conditionrd rooms adjust the temp to a comfortable setting.

in both cases, they aren’t shivering.

» people working in cold lockers wear warm clothing.
»
» people in air conditionrd rooms adjust the temp to a comfortable setting.
»
» in both cases, they aren’t shivering.

Well on the shivering…animals aren’t always or even mostly shivering either. And neither are the homeless most likely…especially all those months away from winter :cool:

i don’t agree. even in summer, it gets cold in the pre sunrise hours.

if you don’t think so, try sleeping outdoors, on the cold ground. especially

in the damp morning. if you’re dressed like a homeless bum, you’ll be

shivering your a** off. if you don’t believe it, go

talk to some street people and see if i’m not right.

that is really an interesting debate, and it has some facts as a funding. indeed, to think about it, our body has the ability to adopt to the environment, and maybe a cold environment may make our body produce more hair in order to keep us warm?

would be really nice to see some tests and research made on this

» i don’t agree. even in summer, it gets cold in the pre sunrise hours.
»
» if you don’t think so, try sleeping outdoors, on the cold ground.
» especially
»
» in the damp morning. if you’re dressed like a homeless bum, you’ll be
»
» shivering your a** off. if you don’t believe it, go
»
» talk to some street people and see if i’m not right.

There are some that sleep that way…many if not most set up their little camps etc. Or cover themselves up good. I have camped out…and it doesn’t take much in the summer months to stay warm. And then factor in all the days and nights where it is hot.

I don’t even know why I’m arguing about this though. I see plenty of “homeless” with thinning hair. And many wear hats so you can’t even tell(so I guess it’s not the head that getting cold anyway)…it’s long and/or all messed up so it’s hard to tell…etc.

What we really need to do is ask them to take their hats off and allow us to take pictures. :expressionless:

I was trying to search for homeless ppl-pics…so many have caps/hats on. Quite a few that don’t do have full heads of hair- that I can see(no crown photos LOL) …others do not, such as this one: Link

summer is only 3 months of thr year, so homeless are probably cold the

majority

of the time. and although there are exceptions, i think the most

people living in major urban areas would agree that the majority of homeless

men have most of their hair. i’d be willing to bet this percentage increases

the further north one goes.

actually a study was done on this about 20 years ago. i recall reading about

it in a magazine while sitting around in a jury pool, waiting to be called.

sorry for my crappy typing…one arm is in a lg. cast.

It wouldn’t shock me if the incidence/severity of MPB in the homeless population was lower than average. I agree that it sorta feels that way when I think about it.

Something occurs to me: If we put any faith in the idea that stress & diet/lifestyle have any relevance to MPB at all, then the homeless population should theoretically have WORSE balding problems than the rest of us. And I certainly don’t think that’s the case. (I even once read an article about a reformed druggie/homeless guy who said that he ate the worst junkfood diet of any time in his life on the streets. That’s what he found in the trash most often.)

But I’ve never heard of any real data on this either way.

And the homeless are constantly wearing full beards & longer scalp hair in general. That probably leaves the impression of a lot of hair in our minds even though it might not be in the MPB areas.

I wish the hot/very warm days of the year WERE only 3 months! I think they should change it to…Early spring…pre-summer…mid-summer…late summer…very late Fall…Winter.