Is it dumb to get just a few minor grafts in the front area

Some have said that I run the risk of starving my natural strands of hair behind the graft area of blood which can cause loss there as a result of additonal minor grafts being placed…Just curious…I guess my question is whether “minor” touch up grafts will creat a bigger problem down the line…Thanks

» Some have said that I run the risk of starving my natural strands of hair
» behind the graft area of blood which can cause loss there as a result of
» additonal minor grafts being placed…Just curious…I guess my question
» is whether “minor” touch up grafts will creat a bigger problem down the
» line…Thanks

who is that someone? a hair transplant salesman?

» Some have said that I run the risk of starving my natural strands of hair
» behind the graft area of blood which can cause loss there as a result of
» additonal minor grafts being placed…Just curious…I guess my question
» is whether “minor” touch up grafts will creat a bigger problem down the
» line…Thanks

I think the only risk you run in having some conservative hairline work would be the potential for future hair loss, and the need to have additional work in the future (or else be left with a wall of permanent hair with loss behind it). There is also a risk of shock loss with any hair transplant procedure, which might be what the people who warned you were referring to. Shock loss is generally temporary, unless the preexisting hair is already very thin and weak (and likely to fall out in the near future anyway). That said, if some light hairline work would go a long way in making you feel better about your appearance and restoring your confidence, I don’t think it is particularly risky. It’s always better to err on the conservative side when it comes to beginning hair restoration surgery, however.