Is Follica dead?

Three years ago Follica came on the sence giving alot of hope to people like me and you.

In three years what have we heard from them? Funding and a new ceo. No trail?

I am thininking have they gone under?

» Three years ago Follica came on the sence giving alot of hope to people
» like me and you.
»
» In three years what have we heard from them? Funding and a new ceo. No
» trail?
»
» I am thininking have they gone under?

They’re not dead. They’re just a-holes.

» » Three years ago Follica came on the sence giving alot of hope to people
» » like me and you.
» »
» » In three years what have we heard from them? Funding and a new ceo. No
» » trail?
» »
» » I am thininking have they gone under?
»
» They’re not dead. They’re just a-holes.

Has there been any info regarding trials? They were the first ones to mention wnt proteins. i believe there could be genuinely something in that science.

» » » Three years ago Follica came on the sence giving alot of hope to
» people
» » » like me and you.
» » »
» » » In three years what have we heard from them? Funding and a new ceo.
» No
» » » trail?
» » »
» » » I am thininking have they gone under?
» »
» » They’re not dead. They’re just a-holes.
»
» Has there been any info regarding trials? They were the first ones to
» mention wnt proteins. i believe there could be genuinely something in that
» science.

Just because their science is sound doesn’t change the fact they’re a-holes.
3 years have passed, and they have yet to release proof-of-concept on honest to goodness human beings. Is that so much to asK?

Maybe they’re A-holes. But IMHO it’s more likely that the science is giving them real trouble.

It’s weird. This is the only HM method where some real-world examples already have worked. It sounds so easy. I don’t know why they haven’t made progress with it yet.

My first guess would be that maybe they’re having trouble making it work as a topical-only. The real world Gefitinib patients with regrowth were taking oral Gef pills, and we’re assuming that they also had some major immune suppression that was systemic too.

» » » » Three years ago Follica came on the sence giving alot of hope to
» » people
» » » » like me and you.
» » » »
» » » » In three years what have we heard from them? Funding and a new ceo.
» » No
» » » » trail?
» » » »
» » » » I am thininking have they gone under?
» » »
» » » They’re not dead. They’re just a-holes.
» »
» » Has there been any info regarding trials? They were the first ones to
» » mention wnt proteins. i believe there could be genuinely something in
» that
» » science.
»
» Just because their science is sound doesn’t change the fact they’re
» a-holes.
» 3 years have passed, and they have yet to release proof-of-concept on
» honest to goodness human beings. Is that so much to asK?

they can be the biggest A holes in the world once they come up with a great treatment!

» Maybe they’re A-holes. But IMHO it’s more likely that the science is
» giving them real trouble.
»

» It’s weird. This is the only HM method where some real-world examples
» already have worked. It sounds so easy.
» I don’t know why they haven’t made progress with it yet.

He he, I know the reason. :wink:

Behind the whole “Follica thingy” there exists a pretty similar story like this story …
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-64896-page-1-category-1-order-last_answer.html

In short: Follica is not worth to explain the story behind or discuss anything the next x YEARS …

» » » » » Three years ago Follica came on the sence giving alot of hope to
» » » people
» » » » » like me and you.
» » » » »
» » » » » In three years what have we heard from them? Funding and a new
» ceo.
» » » No
» » » » » trail?
» » » » »
» » » » » I am thininking have they gone under?
» » » »
» » » » They’re not dead. They’re just a-holes.
» » »
» » » Has there been any info regarding trials? They were the first ones to
» » » mention wnt proteins. i believe there could be genuinely something in
» » that
» » » science.
» »
» » Just because their science is sound doesn’t change the fact they’re
» » a-holes.
» » 3 years have passed, and they have yet to release proof-of-concept on
» » honest to goodness human beings. Is that so much to asK?
»
» they can be the biggest A holes in the world once they come up with a
» great treatment!

Follica’s competition is heating-up from the likes of Aderans and Histogen.
Given the choice, my money’s going to the company that didn’t treat it’s client base like trash.

Follica are a joke imo, we were led to believe that they were ready for trials three f*****g years ago. If I was one of the investors I’d want to know what exactly have they been spending the money on that they said was for trials.

They are A-Holes and it appears they are incompitent. They are the only company working on hm/cloning who has not responded to my email. I am not saying I am the most impotant person but treating potential buisness customers like dirt is not the best business strategy. It’s mind blowing after such a long time they should have been able to show something. They don’t have any hard-core data their product even works or exists. There is something shady about Follica. It’s BS you go to Follicas news selection an the only thing you read are a buntch of sensational headlines like being on the Today Show or hiring a new ceo. People don’t care about that. Maybe they don’t care? They still get a chunk of change no matter what right? Maybe they don’t know what they are doing? Maybe they don’t have the work ethic ARI and Histogen are showing? IMO, if you use logic then yes Follica is obsolete. Though I would love to be proven wrong.

They are A-Holes and it appears they are incompitent. They are the only company working on hm/cloning who has not responded to my email. I am not saying I am the most impotant person but treating potential buisness customers like dirt is not the best business strategy.

Good, because hairsite doesn’t need yet another narcissist.

It’s mind blowing after such a long time they should have been able to show something. They don’t have any hard-core data their product even works or exists. There is something shady about Follica. It’s BS you go to Follicas news selection an the only thing you read are a buntch of sensational headlines like being on the Today Show or they’ve hired a new ceo. People don’t care about that. Maybe they don’t care? They still get a chunk of change no matter what right? Maybe they don’t know what they are doing? Maybe they don’t have the work ethic ARI and Histogen are showing? IMO and I’de love to be wrong - if you use logic then yes Follica is obsolete.

I won’t call Follica’s science obsolete because this article validates it to a certain extent. I will, however, say that I’m done defending Cots and Crew. Their PR etiquette is obsolete and downright disrespectful. I don’t think they ever had our welfare at heart. In fact, I think their original timelines were merely a hoax to generate funding. Treating your clients/ future clients like dirt may have been commonplace in the 80s, but today it befits a company of a-holes.

Follica WHO?

» Follica WHO?

Cotsarelis is one of the keynote speakers at the hair research congress in june so maybe then we might hear something. regardless of what we may think of them they will keep goin with what they believe is the right way to condct their business. People may think they are complete d@%kheads but at the end of the day if the treatment works it wont stop anyone going getting it done. I’m just encouraged that the last couple of small developments that have come recently all seem to be geared around wnt proteins. lets just hope that its a positive pattern emerging. It may be a case that the likes of aderans, histogen and follica all do different things but hopefully it will all lead to a full head of hair :slight_smile:

when? in 2025? not obliged…in 3 years follica it did not say nothing, it did not make nothing, it only accumulated money and jobs, nothing more.

» I won’t call Follica’s science obsolete because
» this
» article
validates it to a certain extent. I will, however, say that
» I’m done defending Cots and Crew. Their PR etiquette is obsolete and
» downright disrespectful. I don’t think they ever had our welfare at heart.
» In fact, I think their original timelines were merely a hoax to generate
» funding. Treating your clients/ future clients like dirt may have been
» commonplace in the 80s, but today it befits a company of a-holes.

Absolutely correct…his interview from early 2008 sounded like the cure was just around the corner and even “made it sound like” they won’t need FDA approval - by saying all the drugs involved are already FDA approved.

Its shameful the extent even the professors at prestigious institutes will go to get funding!

It’s very clear the Follica has significantly reduced its media exposure since the new CEO took over last year.

The best explanation for this decision (as has been discussed) is that their results have been disappointing so far and they do not want to advertise their lack of progress.

There is, however, a more optimistic possibility: their results are extremely good and they are planning a media blitz when they are ready to announce their results. If the science behind their approach is proven to work, it would be big news in the mainstream media, and they wouldn’t want to diminish the impact be releasing small teasers ahead of their official announcement.

» It’s very clear the Follica has significantly reduced its media exposure
» since the new CEO took over last year.
»
» The best explanation for this decision (as has been discussed) is that
» their results have been disappointing so far and they do not want to
» advertise their lack of progress.
»
» There is, however, a more optimistic possibility: their results are
» extremely good
and they are planning a media blitz when they are ready to
» announce their results. If the science behind their approach is proven to
» work, it would be big news in the mainstream media, and they wouldn’t want
» to diminish the impact be releasing small teasers ahead of their official
» announcement.

For extremely good results you would first need to test it works on humans, and from what Cotsarelis as said that hasn’t started yet. I saw a post on xconomy asking if it was possible for a company to do clinical trials without public knowledge, if that’s possible then maybe Follica have gone down that route but at the moment it looks very unlikely. Which means that of all the companies we know of involved in this Follica are trailing by quite a distance unfortunately.

Probably the “proof of concept” trial has failed.
And Follica is not brave enough to tell the truth.
This trial was supposed to be very fast, and Follica was enthusistic, saying that they had plenty of people wanting to be volunteers.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-26706.html

NOTE THE DATE OF THE ARTICLE: 04-January-2008. It was more than 2 years ago, and still no news of the trial.

Zohar says Follica has further developed this work and filed additional patents to protect the technology. What’s so beautiful about the approach, she says, is that translating it into a treatment for humans involves only devices and drugs that are already on the market. A doctor would first use a microdermabrasion tool, say, or a laser to remove the top layers of the skin—as is already commonly done in a number of dermatologic and cosmetic procedures—knocking some cells back into a primitive state. The doctor can then use this newly created therapeutic window to inject drugs that push the cells to develop along one pathway or another and grow hair or skin. Zohar won’t reveal what drugs Follica is using, except to say that they are small molecule drugs normally taken orally for purposes with no relation to hair growth.

Because the components of the system are already approved, the regulatory path is pretty straightforward, and Follica can perform human studies without jumping through a lot of governmental hoops. That’s exactly what the company plans to do with the money it has just raised. A proof of concept study involving 15 to 20 patients (Follica has no shortage of volunteers, as several hundred people sent in e-mails when word of Cotsarelis’s work reached the public) should begin in the next few months. The trial has several phases, however, and Zohar cautions that final data won’t be in for at least a year. So don’t pull your hair out waiting for results.
<<<<<<<<<<<

no problem, after 10 years in the forum, we have already pulled out all our pullable hair.

Hmmm… good find Rev. Interesting to say the least. It’s funny in one of my classes in college right now one of the points that was made was once their is a human need for something then science finds a way to do it and it does so fast (spaceships going to the moon, computers in every household, blah blah blah). Lol, not it this case. Actually, I really beginning to wonder if this is going to happen at all to be honest. If it’s going to be this far away then it really is useless to me. I need it now to do the things in life I have too. It’s weird how this contradicts the common patterns in history as far the nature of science/technology.

I’m just gonna suspect Follica’s POC human trials were failures until they give us some reason to think otherwise.

Given where they appeared to be in 2008 they should have been growing hair like gangbusters by now. But so far we haven’t even gotten so much as a RUMOR that somebody regrew anything with them.

We really have no reason to think they’re still in the HM race at this point. Their core plan seemed very viable, but this abrupt 2-year halt in publicly detectable activity is too much of a red flag IMHO.