Is DUT an option after 10 years of FIN?

I have been using Fin for approx 10years and with success I must say. However, the last few months I firmly believe that the effacy of Fin is diminishing. I am wondering whether a switch to Dut can be an option for a “previous good responder of Fin”?

I do not expect regrowth but hope to thicken/maintain existing hair.
Your input is very much appreciated.

» I have been using Fin for approx 10years and with success I must say.
» However, the last few months I firmly believe that the effacy of Fin is
» diminishing. I am wondering whether a switch to Dut can be an option for a
» “previous good responder of Fin”?
»
» I do not expect regrowth but hope to thicken/maintain existing hair.
» Your input is very much appreciated.

My completely non-scientific two cents. If Fin worked for you, but isn’t now, you may simply need to up the amount. My guess is you’ve got to counter an increasing amount of alpha reductase and now need more Fin to do that. If you are worried about libido issues from upping the amount, my guess is you’d find things would be no better with Dut.

I use Dut – have for a month. And I have started to see the beginnings of results with it. But I am dead downstairs, have had headaches, and even a bit of fog/depression. I am beginning to ask myself if it’s worth it. I actually be okay with being dead downstairs since I kind of need to take a break from a particularly active phase of skirt-chasing. But the headaches worry me a bit. This is your brain. This is your brain on Dut.

I thought about switching also to topically administered Dut, which some on this board have done. I don’t know if that would change the symptoms but it might lessen the dosage requirements.

» I use Dut – have for a month. And I have started to see the beginnings of
» results with it. But I am dead downstairs, have had headaches, and even a
» bit of fog/depression. I am beginning to ask myself if it’s worth it. I
» actually be okay with being dead downstairs since I kind of need to take a
» break from a particularly active phase of skirt-chasing. But the headaches
» worry me a bit. This is your brain. This is your brain on Dut.

Can you define “fog”? The reason I ask is that I have been on it for a month and am experiencing difficulties recalling things (particularly vocabulary). No headache, and no serious labido problems (though I have a very high labido).

» » Thanks for the feedback!

» » I use Dut – have for a month. And I have started to see the beginnings
» of
» » results with it. But I am dead downstairs, have had headaches, and even
» a
» » bit of fog/depression. I am beginning to ask myself if it’s worth it.
» I
» » actually be okay with being dead downstairs since I kind of need to take
» a
» » break from a particularly active phase of skirt-chasing. But the
» headaches
» » worry me a bit. This is your brain. This is your brain on Dut.
»
»
» Can you define “fog”? The reason I ask is that I have been on it for a
» month and am experiencing difficulties recalling things (particularly
» vocabulary). No headache, and no serious labido problems (though I have a
» very high labido).

Yes, recall has been a problem. Headaches haven’t happened all the time, just sometimes. Regarding libido: I still get morning wood, but I am not as revved up as usual (which right now is probably a good thing); I’m 43. Since a lot of sexual response is actually brain-based rather than just based on what’s going on South of the Border, the brain issues are a concern too.

I just think that it’s important to weigh all these issues.

I have been getting enhanced results (from fin on its own) by adding nettle root (600 mg a day).