Is Dr. Cotsarelis Lying about his timeframe?

Last sunday on the baldtruth live radio show, Spencer Kobren was discussing the research by University of Pennsyvannia reseachers about the cause of baldness related to faulty stem cells.

As you know in the end of most news article it stated that even though it was an important piece of the puzzle, any solution would be a decade away.

As you know Dr. Cotsarelis works for Follica, and one regular caller to the baldtruth radio show said that he strongly believes that Dr. Cotsralis is lying about the timeframe and only said “a decade away” to try and make sure competitors ie. Histogen, Aderans etc take there sweet time so that Follica can come out of nowhere and present a topical cream or injections in the next few years.

» Last sunday on the baldtruth live radio show, Spencer Kobren was discussing
» the research by University of Pennsyvannia reseachers about the cause of
» baldness related to faulty stem cells.

WHO has been involved in the discussion? ANY individuals (hair loss sufferers?) who called Spencer?

» » Last sunday on the baldtruth live radio show, Spencer
» Kobren was discussing

» » the research by University of Pennsyvannia reseachers about the cause of
» » baldness related to faulty stem cells.
»
» WHO has been involved in the discussion? ANY individuals (hair loss
» sufferers?) who called Spencer?

“Joe from Staten Island” is the name of the caller

» » » Last sunday on the baldtruth live radio show, Spencer
» » Kobren was discussing

» » » the research by University of Pennsyvannia reseachers about the cause
» of
» » » baldness related to faulty stem cells.
» »
» » WHO has been involved in the discussion? ANY individuals (hair loss
» » sufferers?) who called Spencer?
»
» “Joe from Staten Island” is the name of the caller

Ok. And why didn’t Franz Strohsack from Hintertupfing called him?

»
» As you know in the end of most news article it stated that even though it
» was an important piece of the puzzle, any solution would be a decade away.
»
» As you know Dr. Cotsarelis works for Follica, and one regular caller to the
» baldtruth radio show said that he strongly believes that Dr. Cotsralis is
» lying about the timeframe and only said “a decade away” to try and make
» sure competitors ie. Histogen, Aderans etc take there sweet time so that
» Follica can come out of nowhere and present a topical cream or injections
» in the next few years.

Wouldn’t Cotsarelis’ products have to go through some type of clinical trial?

»
»
» in the next few years.

I have already commented that I think the time frame is way wrong. I think we are looking at a few years at most. It may be sooner because there are highly skilled researchers working with Acell, which is already in the marketplace. They are trying to figure out a way to get Acell to produce the best possible results and that could happen this year. Also, the latisse produce is already available but it does not have a strong enough dose of the active ingredient but I am sure there are people trying to figure out the correct dose.

» Also, the
» latisse produce is already available but it does not have a strong enough
» dose of the active ingredient but I am sure there are people trying to
» figure out the correct dose.

googoo, it seems you’re the latisse expert - and I’m not. So, is it basically true what the author said in the article?

3. Latisse by Allergan (AGN)

Product: Latisse definitely grows eyelashes so Allergan is currently recruiting 28 subjects to see if it can also grow hair on male heads. The company is done with its animal testing.

Pros/cons: Latisse has some alarming side effects including a darkening of the skin around the eyes and permanent darkening of eye color if it’s used improperly. Also, eyelashes are different beasts from scalp hairs, so it’s not at all certain that Latisse’s activity will carry over.

MoneyWatch: Financial news, world finance and market news, your money, product recalls updated daily - CBS News

No, I suspect something even worse may ne going on. I’m not sure, but it occurred to me that he might be fleecing not only the public, but also multiple investors and companies reliant on his work.

I am NOT saying his work is no good or not valuable. I think it’s legitimate scientific research.

But to me it looks like the Good Doctor is making a whole slew of DIFFERENT discoveries (som of them might overlap slightly or connect with others).

Then he is approaching the media and different investors and companies, and trying to market each one as a big “landmark” discovery, i.e. a potential “cure for baldness”. He contacts the media each time and tries to generate hype about each discovery. He’s done this at least 4-5 separate times, now, I think.

And he may be trying to sell each successive “discovery” to different companies or investors, making a bundle each time.

Not saying this is necessarily true, but trhis scenario has occurred to me…

»
»
» in the next few years.

» » Also, the
» » latisse produce is already available but it
» does not have a strong enough
» » dose of the active ingredient but I am sure there are people trying to
» » figure out the correct dose.
»
» googoo, it seems you’re the latisse expert - and I’m not. So, is it
» basically true what the author said in the article?
» -------------------------
» 3. Latisse by Allergan (AGN)
»
» Product: Latisse definitely grows eyelashes so Allergan is currently
» recruiting 28 subjects to see if it can also grow hair on male heads. The
» company is done with its animal testing.
»
» Pros/cons: Latisse has some alarming side effects including a
» darkening of the skin around the eyes and permanent darkening of eye color
» if it’s used improperly. Also, eyelashes are different beasts from scalp
» hairs, so it’s not at all certain that Latisse’s activity will carry over.
»
» MoneyWatch: Financial news, world finance and market news, your money, product recalls updated daily - CBS News

Well, the facts are that Allergan recently already established that it does grows scalp hair. Also, earlier (years ago) Professor Uno established with certainty that it does grow scalp hair. I thought I posted that both Allergan and Uno have ascertained that the active ingredient in Latisse does grow scalp hair. Well if I didn’t post it the other day I will tell you now that it has been determined that it does indeed grow scalp hair, allergan has determined the different formulations they will test, and they have now starting clinical studies.

That aside, of course there are side effects. Aren’t there always? Minoxidil has side effects. Propecia has side effects. Asprin has side effects. All these medicines have side effects. You have to use them correctly and safely. There will be side effects with latisse for scalp hair but if you use it correctly you will probably not suffer side effects. A few people will suffer side effects no matter what but all medicines are like that. A small percentage of people who use propecia suffer impotence, and if you are one of those few you do not like it one bit, but most do not suffer that side effect with propecia so you use it and if you suffer that side effect you stop taking it but if you don’t suffer that side effect you do keep taking it. That is how it goes with medicine.

Roger that Roger. I agree with Roger, these Research and Development companies are always looking for new money and selling hope in order to get it. I do think that Cotsellaris is saying “10 years away” to cover his time frame but doubt he is doing it to delay competitors. If he truely is on to an actual product that works he will be on it night and day and keep it quiet. no good to come of Public Relations that he is "closer"to a cure except to get new money investing in his research. Alec

» Roger that Roger. I agree with Roger, these Research and Development
» companies are always looking for new money and selling hope in order to get
» it. I do think that Cotsellaris is saying “10 years away” to cover his time
» frame but doubt he is doing it to delay competitors. If he truely is on to
» an actual product that works he will be on it night and day and keep it
» quiet. no good to come of Public Relations that he is "closer"to a cure
» except to get new money investing in his research. Alec

this whole five or ten years thing is psychological. Its not big news if you go out and say its 20 years away or with in our lifetime anymore. Science is supposed to move fast nowdays with this whole stemcell resaerch. If you go to the news and say we might have something with in our lifetime or in 20 years they will say to you ok go back to the lab and call us when you have something sooner because readers are bored or not interest to hear if you have a cure for their kids one day.

But if you make a discovery and you want to take the credit worldwide you go out and you try to find the thin line between overhyping something and at the same time trying to make this to be worthwhile news for the news agencies to get you, your univercity or the companies you work for…big headlines :slight_smile:

these doctors are not just scientists anymore they are shareholders, managers so that means businessmen…

I am not saying it will be 20 years or longer i just think they really dont have any clue how it will pan out in the end but at the same time they have to make the headlines

» » Also, the
» » latisse produce is already available but it
» does not have a strong enough
» » dose of the active ingredient but I am sure there are people trying to
» » figure out the correct dose.
»
» googoo, it seems you’re the latisse expert - and I’m not. So, is it
» basically true what the author said in the article?
» 3. Latisse by Allergan (AGN)
»
» Product: Latisse definitely grows eyelashes so Allergan is currently
» recruiting 28 subjects to see if it can also grow hair on male heads. The
» company is done with its animal testing.
»
» Pros/cons: Latisse has some alarming side effects including a
» darkening of the skin around the eyes and permanent darkening of eye color
» if it’s used improperly. Also, eyelashes are different beasts from scalp
» hairs, so it’s not at all certain that Latisse’s activity will carry over.
»
» MoneyWatch: Financial news, world finance and market news, your money, product recalls updated daily - CBS News

also Ironman, the thing here is that it will take years for allergan’s scalp hair form of latisse to come to market but I think that the active ingredient, bimatoprost, can be gotten right now, and even in bulk. I think that the active ingredient is available. My point is that once that sooner or later there will likely be a garage-made version of the same formulation that allergan is testing in the very near future. I am not going to put together a garage made version but there are doctors that do put these things together. Dr. Lee might do it or perhaps some other doctor might do it, but I do believe it will be done. I’m surprised it hasn’t already been done. Private doctors were putting together “garage made” versions of minoxidil and alchohol for topical use before rogaine came to market. I’m really surprised that there are not already big dose solutions of bimatoprost for topical use in the market. I think it will probably happen soon. The doctors may be waiting to see Allergan advance the stuff through a safety study or two. That will probably take a few months to a year and then all of a sudden these solutions should start showing up. The first safety study for scalp bimatoprost/latisse will be completed by allergan in Feb of this year.

IMHO the only HM timelines that are worth anything whatsoever are the ones that we piece together and guess at ourselves based on the evidence. I have zero interest in any spoken timeframe from company mouthpieces. Zero interest. Disbelieving the predictions takes more interest than I am willing to give them.

» IMHO the only HM timelines that are worth anything whatsoever …

What is “HM” ?

Is that the short form for “Hair Multiplication”? So, does it mean that hair loss sufferers are waiting for “anything whatsoever” who/what is able to “multiply” (your) hairs? If so, for what reason?

I mean, if someone is shaving or simply cutting of someone’s hair, and is cutting each and every single hair lying on the floor in several pieces, does it mean someone is doing hair multiplication? Because in theory, now there are lots of more hairs on the floor …

I would much appreciate some answers by “HM” experts. :slight_smile: