Is anyone still experimenting?

It’s been a while since I heard anyone talk about home experimenting Follica. Is anyone still doing it? any updates?

» It’s been a while since I heard anyone talk about home experimenting
» Follica. Is anyone still doing it? any updates?

I finished up a second experiment with tacro and anti-histime added in addition to what I did in the first experiment. It looks like those baby hairs are coming along. I’m sure I kicked a lot of old hairs back to life also as my intended hairline b4 recession looks to coming to life and the diffusing top looks darker but still see through. I honostly feel that there is a good chance I got this to work. It will not grow out like gang bang like the 11 week old photos of that mice, but it is coming out. Do yourself a favor and try it my way topically, you will see.

» » It’s been a while since I heard anyone talk about home experimenting
» » Follica. Is anyone still doing it? any updates?
»
» I finished up a second experiment with tacro and anti-histime added in
» addition to what I did in the first experiment. It looks like those baby
» hairs are coming along. I’m sure I kicked a lot of old hairs back to life
» also as my intended hairline b4 recession looks to coming to life and the
» diffusing top looks darker but still see through. I honostly feel that
» there is a good chance I got this to work. It will not grow out like gang
» bang like the 11 week old photos of that mice, but it is coming out. Do
» yourself a favor and try it my way topically, you will see.

I think you might be on something mikewatlers. That’s great ! Congratulations my friend. You really deserve to be a contributor to this board. Whinners and trouble makers I’m not talking about you :smiley:

» I finished up a second experiment with tacro and anti-histime added in
» addition to what I did in the first experiment. It looks like those baby
» hairs are coming along. I’m sure I kicked a lot of old hairs back to life
» also as my intended hairline b4 recession looks to coming to life and the
» diffusing top looks darker but still see through. I honostly feel that
» there is a good chance I got this to work. It will not grow out like gang
» bang like the 11 week old photos of that mice, but it is coming out. Do
» yourself a favor and try it my way topically, you will see.

Thanks for the update…not to sound rude, but are you taking any pictures? seriously those would help a lot in shutting up the naysayers, and would really help inspire sceptic forum members.

I’ve held back from further experimentation lately because I kept changing my mind about what I wanted to try next. For a while it seemed like every week we came up with another potentially relevant thing around here. Honestly I just didn’t want to spend a bunch of money on meds and then change my mind about them two weeks later.

Now I’m waiting on mail-order pills to do a round of oral Cyclo + Genfilitib.

» Now I’m waiting on mail-order pills to do a round of oral Cyclo +
» Genfilitib.

isn’t oral immunosuppresant a bit extreme? are you going oral with gefinitib as well?

» » I finished up a second experiment with tacro and anti-histime added in
» » addition to what I did in the first experiment. It looks like those
» baby
» » hairs are coming along. I’m sure I kicked a lot of old hairs back to
» life
» » also as my intended hairline b4 recession looks to coming to life and
» the
» » diffusing top looks darker but still see through. I honostly feel that
» » there is a good chance I got this to work. It will not grow out like
» gang
» » bang like the 11 week old photos of that mice, but it is coming out.
» Do
» » yourself a favor and try it my way topically, you will see.
»
» Thanks for the update…not to sound rude, but are you taking any
» pictures? seriously those would help a lot in shutting up the naysayers,
» and would really help inspire sceptic forum members.

I did take some pictures and posted a few weeks ago when my niece came by with her digital camera. The photos does it no justice in showing the regrowth and new growth. I think I will need a slr with a macro lens to capture it. It has improved since then but at a slow rate. I saw Fbaby, aka frankie N a few days ago and his results so far are consistent with mines. I don’t know what to say. I’m only trying to help here as I have nothing to gain from this and wouldn’t be wasting my time here. I honestly think it is time for a trusted poster here to prove me wrong since no other long time poster has done it my way. That guy at regrowth can be considered a trusted poster over there but his wounding is not deep enough. BTW, I might have gone a little too far with this last wound job. I think I went one too many levels. After the initial scab fell off I developed another coat of scabs, this time it looks like brown dead skin. A few days later these peeled off and now my temples looked inflamed. I’m thinking about mixing up another batch to apply while it is in this condition. What do you guys think. My only issue with what I’ve done is to accelerate the growth.

» I did take some pictures and posted a few weeks ago when my niece came by
» with her digital camera. The photos does it no justice in showing the
» regrowth and new growth. I think I will need a slr with a macro lens to
» capture it. It has improved since then but at a slow rate. I saw Fbaby,
» aka frankie N a few days ago and his results so far are consistent with
» mines. I don’t know what to say. I’m only trying to help here as I have
» nothing to gain from this and wouldn’t be wasting my time here. I honestly
» think it is time for a trusted poster here to prove me wrong since no
» other long time poster has done it my way. That guy at regrowth can be
» considered a trusted poster over there but his wounding is not deep enough.
» BTW, I might have gone a little too far with this last wound job. I think
» I went one too many levels. After the initial scab fell off I developed
» another coat of scabs, this time it looks like brown dead skin. A few days
» later these peeled off and now my temples looked inflamed. I’m thinking
» about mixing up another batch to apply while it is in this condition. What
» do you guys think. My only issue with what I’ve done is to accelerate the
» growth.

Thanks for the detailed update. How old are you and what’s the extent of your hairloss? Would you mind posting your detailed procedure on this thread so that we can discuss it here. I remember seeing your pics, I have a scalp just like yours: shiny + thin/weired texture.

As of EGF issue, google “curcumin EGF”. it turns out curcumin blocks a decent amount of EGF, combine that with querectin supplement and I think it should be a safer alternative. I’m thinking about trying this, alongside garlic & salicylic acid peel. I am also ordering HairSignals from Dr. Pickart just to add to the rejuvenation of the scalp.

isn’t oral immunosuppresant a bit extreme? are you going oral with gefinitib as well?

Yes, oral doses of both drugs.

Yes, it’s a bit extreme.

No, I don’t recommend anyone else try this.

Yes, I’m still doing it.

Based on what I can find to read about it (and Benji has helped dig up a bunch of stuff) oral Cyclo isn’t THAT much of a Russian Roulette gamble as long as it’s kept short-term. The hair situation would be a matter of days, maybe a couple of weeks at the worst.

If nothing else, I’ve been swayed by the cases of people with organ transplants. They’re living on moderate doses of oral cyclo for the rest of their lives.

Look at this picture, it explains a lot,

hoep I went deep enough. Im crusting on day 6 (and just popped half a getfitinib tablet), but I didn’t get any blood after abrasion Monday night…just very pink skin. The difference between not going deep enough, and going too deep is very very very fine. No wonder they are going to try and “guage it” with medical instruments.

PS. Not washing your hair for six straight days sucks.

benji, cal…are you guys taking regular pictures? that would seriously helps people like me a lot in guaging the results of DIY follica.

» As of EGF issue, google “curcumin EGF”. it turns out curcumin blocks a
» decent amount of EGF, combine that with querectin supplement and I think it
» should be a safer alternative. I’m thinking about trying this, alongside
» garlic & salicylic acid peel. I am also ordering HairSignals from Dr.
» Pickart just to add to the rejuvenation of the scalp.

Bear in mind that both quercetin and curcumin ALSO inhibit wnt whereas you really want to upregulate it. These are fine for wnt inhibition for the first couple of days (the pigmentation issue) but you really need wnt upregulation for the rest of the embryonic window.

» Bear in mind that both quercetin and curcumin ALSO inhibit wnt whereas you
» really want to upregulate it. These are fine for wnt inhibition for the
» first couple of days (the pigmentation issue) but you really need wnt
» upregulation for the rest of the embryonic window.

but if you also take garlic supplement or oral lithium for a few days, that would balance the engative effects of curcumin/quercetin out, while still getting anti-androgenic and EGF-inhibition effects.

Or you could avoid all that uncertainty & counterbalancing, and just spend a couple hundred bucks on a single non-natural EGF-R inhibitor.

» Or you could avoid all that uncertainty & counterbalancing, and just spend
» a couple hundred bucks on a single non-natural EGF-R inhibitor.

But as I’ve said before, and I know you’re going to throw tomatoes at me here :slight_smile: I really think that gefitinib is dodgy stuff, especially orally.

Goata:
Regarding the counterbalancing thing, we don’t really know if it works that way. It may be impossible to counterbalance. The mere presence of inhibition may neutralise even vastly superior quantities of an upregulating agent. There may not be a linear relationship between the effects at all.

Well I’m not actually gonna throw tomatoes about it, Baccy. To each his own, I’m just glad to see anyone experimenting.

(And it also occurs to me that so far you’ve regrown more hair than I have anyway. So WTF do I know?)