Interesting theory - Fungus & Alopecia

As per this patent a species of fungus is said to be responsible for alopecia.
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=JP2007302705&F=0

» As per this patent a species of fungus is said to be responsible for
» alopecia.
» http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=JP2007302705&F=0

I’ve personally been investigating this theory “long” time ago.
That’s possible but in that case H&S shampoo would be the silver bullet to fight Alopecia since it contains some of the strongest killers of fungus ever.

» » As per this patent a species of fungus is said to be responsible for
» » alopecia.
» »
» http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=JP2007302705&F=0
»
» I’ve personally been investigating this theory “long” time ago.
» That’s possible but in that case H&S shampoo would be the silver bullet to
» fight Alopecia since it contains some of the strongest killers of fungus
» ever.

Same with Nizoral which is an anti fungal shampoo

Actually I find it plausible.

I mean its a bit odd they would not find this out earlier but then, nizoral is antifungal, probiotics I take are antifungal and they helped me and so on …

but then why DHT and why males mostly?

» but then why DHT and why males mostly?

The theory goes something like DHT causing high sebum production which essentially creates a breeding ground for all sorts of stuff. I’ve gone to NW6 pretty quickly and my face and scalp are oily as hell, so I somewhat agree that’s one of the reasons for hairloss.

Btw, I tried using Nizoral but it only gave me scalp acne and irritation.

ok, why the pattern? why not on the back? thats oily surely as well

» ok, why the pattern? why not on the back? thats oily surely as well

No no no. You missed the point, the oily scalp makes for a good breeding ground and as the population of the bacteria/parasites/fungus increases, the body fights it(inflammation), which results in the minitaurization of the androgen sensitive hair and hence the pattern.

That’s the theory that i’ve heard…it could be wrong but it hasn’t been proven wrong yet, so who knows whats what.

I dunno, I still think this fungus would not be selective about hair. It would attack / kill all the hair not just the hair in that pattern.

Unless there was some other explanation. Like that for the fungus to become a threat to your hair, it would need to live inside of the follicle itself. And that would make sense then, the fungus would liveonly in the follicles that are greasy (DHT sensitive) and thus provide more hospital environment for it.

This reminds me demodex theory. But as you said, its hard to dismiss such a theory. There is no logical proof this is not the case.

My father was nw7 at the age of 28 or so. His head is super greasy. I did start washing my hair every day and am probably the least balding member of our family.

I advise anyone who does wash their hair often to be careful though, Make sure everything is clean, wash your towels, you do not want to get some mycosis or somethng like that. Use nizoral or something similar that is proven to kill such a stuff.