Intercytex TRC just a hair thickener!

Thanks to purpleman who brought my attention to Interxytex Pathfinder 2006.

1000$-2000$ thats a good news but here are some facts that are going to make me depressed and forget about that price :frowning: :

1 /“At launch the
product will be positioned as a ‘filler’in the early stages of hair loss,or for use in
combination with follicular transplantation in males,to provide a hair thickening effect.
Longer term plans include use as a stand alone treatment in younger males and females.”

2/“In the longer term Intercytex is evaluating whether the optimal setting for a pivotal
clinical study,and hence first marketing approval,is as a ‘filler’in the early stages of hair
loss or as as an adjunct to transplantation.This seems reasonable given the absence of
information on the cosmetic acceptability of the hair produced.”

3/“Intercytex plans to launch the product initially for use in combination with follicular
transplantation in males,to provide a thickening effect.This will fit with its commercial
strategy of partnering with a company already active in the follicular transplantation
business e.g.Bosley Medical.The ‘hair thickening’usage of ICX-TRC will be expanded
as a stand alone treatment for younger males with early male pattern baldness for whom
follicular transplantation would not be recommended.In this sector,additional revenues
could be derived from storage of cultures for future implantation.The ‘‘hair thickening’’
concept should also play well in the female market where all-over hair thinning is the
issue of concern.”

It seems to me that at the end of the day women are gonna enjoy this stuff not us…what an irony…it was at first designed for us but…

post the link so we can read for ourselves…

This better not be from 2006. Thats 2 years old now.

» post the link so we can read for ourselves…
»
»
» This better not be from 2006. Thats 2 years old now.

Sorry benji… http://www.intercytex.com/icx/investors/rep/otherdocs/2006-08-03/at_aim.pdf

thats 131 pages… I wanted to make it easier …anyway start from page 41

yea, basically, they’ve already made it clear the 1st generation of HM will be best used in conjunction with a HT.

i think any NW3 or NW4 who does not like the fact of having a HT in conjunction with HM may be disappointed.

The reason why it cannot be standalone is because ALTHOUGH it can grow a lot of hair and increase density, if it is used standalone the edges ( front hairline, sides) will not be a nice line, u need a small amount of HT delivered AFTER HM hair has grown

The reason why it cannot be standalone is because ALTHOUGH it can grow a lot of hair and increase density, if it is used standalone the edges ( front hairline, sides) will not be a nice line, u need a small amount of HT delivered AFTER HM hair has grown

You are talking about a document wich was created in 2006 former to the phase II, take clonclusions about this document is absolutely speculative.

» Thanks to purpleman who brought my attention to Interxytex Pathfinder
»
» 1000$-2000$ thats a good news but here are some facts that are going to
» make me depressed and forget about that price :frowning: :
»
» 1 /“At launch the
» product will be positioned as a ‘filler’in the early stages of hair
» loss,or for use in
» combination with follicular transplantation in males,to provide a hair
» thickening effect.
» Longer term plans include use as a stand alone treatment in younger males
» and females.”
»
» 2/“In the longer term Intercytex is evaluating whether the optimal setting
» for a pivotal
» clinical study,and hence first marketing approval,is as a ‘filler’in the
» early stages of hair
» loss or as as an adjunct to transplantation.This seems reasonable given
» the absence of
» information on the cosmetic acceptability of the hair produced.”
»
» 3/“Intercytex plans to launch the product initially for use in combination
» with follicular
» transplantation in males,to provide a thickening effect.This will fit with
» its commercial
» strategy of partnering with a company already active in the follicular
» transplantation
» business e.g.Bosley Medical.The ‘hair thickening’usage of ICX-TRC will be
» expanded
» as a stand alone treatment for younger males with early male pattern
» baldness for whom
» follicular transplantation would not be recommended.In this
» sector,additional revenues
» could be derived from storage of cultures for future implantation.The
» ‘‘hair thickening’’
» concept should also play well in the female market where all-over hair
» thinning is the
» issue of concern.”
»
» It seems to me that at the end of the day women are gonna enjoy this stuff
» not us…what an irony…it was at first designed for us but…

As a matter of fact I dont care if there has to be some kind of HT alongside with the HM as long as its going to result into a full head of hair…But what’s really concering to me is whether the phase II trials were/are conclusive to a point where the early expressed worries (in this Pathfinder),even if that was almost 2 years ago, dont stand anymore… Let’s hope…