In the paper today, anyone care to comment?

» http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9A00E5DF153FE633A2575BC1A9609C946296D6CF

Yes, nature punishes you if you violate the laws. He seems like a reasonable guy.

Baldness may also be caused if you drive too much or if you throw your garbage at the streets.

He also said “I have yet to find someone able to disprove my theory”

1. There is no scientific way to disprove nonsense. I say that baldness is caused by the moon pulling our hair with its gravity. Can someone disprove it?

2. Yes actually i can disprove it. I started balding a long time before i first shaved. I started growing facial hair at 19.

I mean how can you even seriously bring on this topic :smiley:

lol.

ok, when i started balding i had full beard. now i shave daily and due to dutas and other stuff i take my hair is fine.

case closed. please say that you never meant it seriously and it was always just a joke, though honestly, we’ll laugh at you from now on anyway :slight_smile:

» I mean how can you even seriously bring on this topic :smiley:
»
» lol.
»
» ok, when i started balding i had full beard. now i shave daily and due to
» dutas and other stuff i take my hair is fine.
»
» case closed. please say that you never meant it seriously and it was
» always just a joke, though honestly, we’ll laugh at you from now on anyway
» :slight_smile:

Just a heads up, the article appears to be from 1913. I’m not sure what the joke is…the fact that some people took it seriously or how proposterous it is?

This whole thing made me laugh.

It sounds kind of like the masturbation theories:

“I whack off every day and I am also going bald. I didn’t do either one when I was a child. So the one must be causing the other now!”

That article reminds me of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail logic to tell if someone is a witch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

» http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9A00E5DF153FE633A2575BC1A9609C946296D6CF

well, it says we bald in the crown cause the crown is the farthest point from the beard, and thus, the nourishing elements can’t reach there. But what about the pubic hair? or the legs? there is plenty of hair there even if they are very distant from the beard where supposedly all the nourishing elements go.

Hold on a second, Debris - arent you the guy that was talking about some insane ‘head crushing technique’ that you used?

People once laughed also at the idea that the earth was round. :smiley:

Well this theory is interesting but obviously wrong. Hair does not know it’s length, it continues to grow 24/7 despite if you shave it or not. Your hair does not have to work any harder to grow if you shave it then if you were to let it grow to your feet.

» People once laughed also at the idea that the earth was round. :smiley:

“…the earth was round”. <=== HAHAHA could you IMAGINE! round…hahha.
Then we’re all going in circles!

» Hold on a second, Debris - arent you the guy that was talking about some
» insane ‘head crushing technique’ that you used?

LOL, but Debris thinks a guy like Mercola with a reputation for helping people that orthodox medicine has given up on, is a quack and a scam artist. Mercola might have something, but then again he might have nothing. You can be assured that he will not be promoting something that he has not tested himself and has shown proven results.

I’m a bit more skeptical of the medical establishment then most, but I believe Mercola is one of the good guys.

Maybe there is someting to his head crushing experiment, I really don’t know. But he is wrong about Mercola being a scam artist.

» » Hold on a second, Debris - arent you the guy that was talking about some
» » insane ‘head crushing technique’ that you used?
»
» LOL, but Debris thinks a guy like Mercola with a reputation for helping
» people that orthodox medicine has given up on, is a quack and a scam
» artist. Mercola might have something, but then again he might have nothing.
» You can be assured that he will not be promoting something that he has not
» tested himself and has shown proven results.
»
» I’m a bit more skeptical of the medical establishment then most, but I
» believe Mercola is one of the good guys.
»
» Maybe there is someting to his head crushing experiment, I really don’t
» know. But he is wrong about Mercola being a scam artist.

i never said hes a scam artist. I said he is an idiot (in reaction to his naive hair growth claims), attention whore (in reaction to his viral marketing tactics), and few other names.

he makes living by giving ppl hope. so probably it would be best to say that he’s a king of naive idiots.

Im quite confident that he believes what he says. on the other hand, many of his advices are completely wrong. He just likes to take the opposite bet on most of things in the current science point of view.

Please distinguish between a scam artist and a naive idiot obsessed with making up things out of thin air.

This guy is one of many similar guys who believe in the nonsense they sell. Some of his advices make sense, other are just plain and naive and whole bunch of his advices are dangerously wrong.

The underline is that of course Mercola will fail in growing hair. It wont be his first failure, his advices fail in rate that in my opinion approach 50%.

Most of these failures are invisible. You dont rly know if using tanning beds is healthy or not until you are several decades older, and even at that time you will have no proof to conclude either.

And will his hair experiment failure affect his business? Of course not. His customers buy hope, not results. If they were after results they would be undertaking rational treatments. If you are his customer and his hair experiment fails (it has already bro, you just need to open up your eyes to see it) then definately you dont stop being naive and foolish nor you stop being desperate. And these are the key elements why you will keep buying this nonsense.