Im losing hair

I’ll be 21 by the end of this year. My hair has been thinning slowly at the very top of my head. It comes right out with a very slight pull, almost every time though.

I worked long hours, bad diet, and had high levels of stress for almost a full year. During this time I had no attention to my hair, usually never used shampoo.
It’s been about 3 months and I no longer work, wash my hair regularly, and eat healthy. I exercise on occasion.
I used jojoba oil, rosemary, and a hint of lavender for about a month.

My hair still seems to be coming out. It is really thin on just the top of the head, and seems to be coming only out of there. The rest of the head is nice and full.

Whats wrong with me.
Please help.
my family has no history of baldness whatsoever, how is it that I am the first?
Thank you

hey there

you have to go to a doctor. seriously cos if there is no history at all of hair loss its unlikely to be normal male pattern hairloss. the sooner you go the better.

and if the doc says it is normal genetic hairloss, dont worry as there is loads you can do to stop/slow it :slight_smile:

good luck

» hey there
»
» you have to go to a doctor. seriously cos if there is no history at all of
» hair loss its unlikely to be normal male pattern hairloss. the sooner you
» go the better.
»
» and if the doc says it is normal genetic hairloss, dont worry as there is
» loads you can do to stop/slow it :slight_smile:
»
» good luck

baloney doctor

i went to a doctor, many docs and dermatologists, in my early 20s, they can only tell you what they learned in med school, which is nothing

if he has pattern baldness not overall thinning, then it is MPB doesnt matter if there is a family history

Agreed.

If you’re losing hair in a MPB-like pattern then it’s pretty much gotta be MPB. There are plenty of other things that can kill/thin your hair but only MPB is selective to certain areas like that.

Family history is only a rough guide. I’ve got a whole family (both sides, several generations) of TOTALLY hairy relatives, and yet I’ve still got MPB in my 20s.

Family history means nothing. The only thing that needs to be met is that the gene went through girls where it can hide much better. It’s simple as that. Or perhaps your grandma cheated your grandpa, or … there are millions of possibilities how you can inherit the curse.

Do your temples recede?

I’ve been noticing more and more,
It seems to be mostly at the top of the head. On occasion i can pick some hairs at the temples and sometimes at the very back of the head, usually 2-3 hairs will come from those areas at any time with a slight pluck.
At the top of the head i can pick about 5-6 hairs with ease, almost every time.

What kinds of things are out there that will go around a doctor visit. I dont wanna be poppin pills for the rest of my life. Does minoxidil work? Vitamin B with loaded biotin?

What kinds of diseases are out there that would cause hair loss.Anything physically wrong with my body by chance?

Thanks everyone

» I’ve been noticing more and more,
» It seems to be mostly at the top of the head. On occasion i can pick some
» hairs at the temples and sometimes at the very back of the head, usually
» 2-3 hairs will come from those areas at any time with a slight pluck.
» At the top of the head i can pick about 5-6 hairs with ease, almost every
» time.
»
» What kinds of things are out there that will go around a doctor visit. I
» dont wanna be poppin pills for the rest of my life. Does minoxidil work?
» Vitamin B with loaded biotin?
»
» What kinds of diseases are out there that would cause hair loss.Anything
» physically wrong with my body by chance?
»
» Thanks everyone

sounds like mpb to me. try propecia, or cheaper generic finasteride. if you won’t have any side effects you should be fine.

other thing that works for some is shaving it off. this is the only current solution that if you’re head shape is all right can really solve the problem forever. it’s cheap too.

» » I’ve been noticing more and more,
» » It seems to be mostly at the top of the head. On occasion i can pick
» some
» » hairs at the temples and sometimes at the very back of the head,
» usually
» » 2-3 hairs will come from those areas at any time with a slight pluck.
» » At the top of the head i can pick about 5-6 hairs with ease, almost
» every
» » time.
» »
» » What kinds of things are out there that will go around a doctor visit.
» I
» » dont wanna be poppin pills for the rest of my life. Does minoxidil
» work?
» » Vitamin B with loaded biotin?
» »
» » What kinds of diseases are out there that would cause hair
» loss.Anything
» » physically wrong with my body by chance?
» »
» » Thanks everyone
»
» sounds like mpb to me. try propecia, or cheaper generic finasteride. if
» you won’t have any side effects you should be fine.
»
» other thing that works for some is shaving it off. this is the only
» current solution that if you’re head shape is all right can really solve
» the problem forever. it’s cheap too.

I’ve heard that shaving off may work, would you happen to know anyone that it helped? How does it work, Does it help the nutrients get right to the scalp? Any science behind it?

i appreciate all the help, and im looking forward to getting a bald head after the new year, just need to get a sweet hat :slight_smile:

dude shaving your head is not going to help it grow any stronger if you’re losing your hair. if anything it will help to mask your baldness or thinning.

you need to read thru this site and focus on keeping what you have and if you’re lucky it will grow some or you will maintain what you have.

if you have the curse like the rest of us then it is a hit or miss and there is not a one solution cure as of yet.

doctors dont know shyt man, neither do dermatologists. dont waste your money. do your own research.

good luck.

I hate to say it but in all probability you have MPB. Probably nothing physically wrong with your body, unfortunately for you :wink: , unless there is some other symptoms that are raising flags. I would say get some cheap proscar and that should slow or stop it for awhile then add minoxidil 2% at least once a day if proscar(1.25mg/dose) doesn’t satisfy your concerns. You do need a Rx for Proscar so you may need to see your MD. If 2% 1x/day doesn’t help do 2x/day if possible, if not move to 5% minoxidil 1x/day if that still doesn’t do it go 2x/day. The combo of finasteride (Proscar/Propecia) and minoxidil works to some degree for most people, I think if you start now you will get back to 100% and don’t wear the hat all the time. There are other products you can try which may work better than these but these are the tried and true, for example I use spironolactone and it seems to be just as good as the 5% minoxidil. Best advice: don’t wait, do something now, and don’t let it rule your life!

Shaving won’t affect the follicles. On the other hand if you shave your head and are lucky to look good, you can just keep shaving it and not to care about hair. With a nice head shape, shaved guys often get more chicks than hairy guys.

» Shaving won’t affect the follicles. On the other hand if you shave your
» head and are lucky to look good, you can just keep shaving it and not to
» care about hair. With a nice head shape, shaved guys often get more chicks
» than hairy guys.

yup. if i liked the way i looked with a shaved head i wouldnt care as much about hairloss.