If you could interview Kemp, what would you ask him

I’m not going to elaborate on the reasons behind this post. If you could interview Dr. Paul Kemp of Intercytex, what questions would you ask him? I’ll accept responses for 4 hours following this post.

Thanks for your time,

jb

1. Does he think the results from the last trials have fulfilled his expectations ? or not ? Why ?

2. Now that trials have undergone, etc, what are the chances to see TRC on the market in 2010 (or close to 2010) ?

3. When do we see photos ?

4. What should we expect ? ( for example will it be better than a conventionnal HT or not, what a NW7 can expect ? what a NW 5 can expect ? and so on)

5. Price estimation ?

6. What if Bosley doesn’t want to take further action regarding distribution and upcoming trials ? Does TRC goes to the toilet ?

Question for you : since you ask feedback, will you manage to have an interview with Kemp ?

thanks, and cheers

» I’m not going to elaborate on the reasons behind this post. If you could
» interview Dr. Paul Kemp of Intercytex, what questions would you ask him?
» I’ll accept responses for 4 hours following this post.
»
» Thanks for your time,
»
» jb

1. are you full head of hair now?
  1. How many hairs is TRC able to grow in one square inch of smooth bald scalp? (provide a range and an average based on test results to this point)

2. How does the new hair look (from a cosmetic standpoint) compared to surrounding, non-bald areas of scalp?

3. Can you say for sure the hair will cycle normally? Explain.

4. What’s the difference in the effectiveness of TRC for recent baldness vs. long-term baldness?

5. Will new hair grow on any part of a bald scalp, or does the procedure work better on scalp area that has not been bald as long?

6. Assuming it works, what is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of bringing TRC to market; when can it get there; and how much will it cost?

Paul Kemp said back a few years ago, baldness will be a choice…

My question to Paul :

Is baldness still a choice??? :smiley:

1. Where’s the beef… err photos?

1. Pre and post treatment hair counts for the group of subjects receiving scalp pre-stimulation.

2. Were injection and pre-stimulation techniques consistent for all subjects within this group or were variations in technique applied within the group ?

3. Was the decision by ICX to not finance the continuation of clinical and commercial development of ICX-TRC beyond the current Phase II trial based on trial results to date or other considerations such as resource constraints ?

1.Who killed JFK?

2.Does he know Victorias Secret?

3.What Hanginginthere is hanging on to?

4.Where is Bin Laden Hiding?

5.where are the missing 5 participants from the phase II clinical trial?

»
» Thanks for your time,
»
» jb

There is already a thread :

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-24555-page-1-category-1-order-last_answer.html

You cand find suggestion there,a lot of question are good.

I repeat here the most important in my opinion :

1. what are the reasons because the optimistic results in phase I (safety)regarding efficacy of the TRC procedure (66 new hairs per cm^2!!) and the financing gained by government for TRC and the ‘after’ Intercytex incongruent/inconsistent behaviour in terms of poor and obscure phase II (efficacy) results (expressed in terms of percentage by preexistent hairs!!!?!!!, no numerical data in the March report) and abandon financing the TRC development phase III?

2. is it necessary, further the prestimulation, for increasing the efficacy of TRC procedure, to add substances that suppress inhibitor factors or stimulate growth factors (as wnt, other types of cell (Aderans approach),…)

3. how much is important the preexistent scalp condition? in other terms, is it important the presence of resident hairs? in other terms, does TRC procedure work better as a ‘rejuvenator’???

4. what about the TRC small commercialization they said? in 2009? no more?

5. in case of no partner will accept to finance the TRC development (phase III), will Intercytex abandon the project?

My add :

if you can gurantee only DHT immunity (no neogenesis or also rejuvenation )
we 've that : FUE + TRC is “cure” for NW 2-3 ;
a lot of money anyway.

So ,if you can’t launch a first generation only for prevent to make some money , i shall think you can’t gurantee DHT-resistance…what’s about hairs of phase I ? Are still alive for sure ?

1. A lot of important details about trc came from
    UNOFFICIAL EMAIL sent to some people.
    NOTHING SERIOUS AND CLEAR DATA FROM PRESS RELEASE !!!
    There is also a big mismatch ; Farjo website report 4 OF 5 patient with hair growth. On www.intercytex.com we can read “ALL PATIENTS” !!!
    (of course ,pre-stimluated group)
    So :
    without stimulation 3/6
    with pre-stimulation 4 / 5 but one lost…

What we can think about ???!!!

I hope it’s clear, sorry for the English…

• Have you figured out what causes rejuvenation and what causes neogenesis? would it be possible to only rejuvenate the follicles?

• Was better response seen in young trialists vs old (because young person’s scalp is still in better health)

• We’ve heard several times that initially TRC will be offered alongside an HT…why? if a person just wants to add some density to his hair…why can’t he just go for TRC only?

1-Dr. Kemp, could you please tell us what is the meaning of the photos posted in this pdf document, page 19?
http://www.vavelta.com/vavelta/mp/story/vaveltaface/cell02.pdf
2–Dr. Kemp, what happened to the 66 new hairs you got in Phase I? Are they still alive?
3–After watching phase II trialists’ new hair, can you tell us anything about the direction issue yet?
4–Do you plan to post any Vavelta photos? Vavelta has been already launched, so I think its not a secret anymore.
5–Why are you stopping putting money on TRC? Is it because of the credit crunch?
6–Is 2010 still a viable launchdate?
7–Could you please post numbers of new hairs for the preestimulated trialists?. (absolute numbers, not percentages). And could you
specify the number of preexisting hairs? (could you specify if the treated area was totally bald or thinning?)
8–What happened to the Phase Ia trialists? The first report said that 5/7 of them had increased numbers. How did they evolve after that initial report? Do they, as of today, keep that condition? (for those who are still in follow-up)
9–How can TRC be used as a “filler”? How do you plan to mix “filler hairs” with “base hairs”? Which is the maximum percentage of “filler hairs” allowed in the mix? Cannot you treat a 100% bald area with a pure TRC treatment?
10–How many hairs per injection does TRC produce?

thanks, Dr. Kemp. :slight_smile:

» 5.where are the missing 5 participants from the phase II clinical trial?

4 missing trialists are from phase I. These have been followed up for several years already. It is normal that they are abandoning.
1 missing trialist belong to phase II, not prestimulated.

the lost 5 patients from intercytex trials

»

lol…if this were the case…there would be a long queue outside Intercytex headquarters.

»
» Thanks for your time,
»
» jb

so when are you posting the answers???

»
» Thanks for your time,
»
» jb

Thanks for your input guys. I had to rush through the questions because I got stuck working all weekend, so your input was very helpful even though I skimmed it. I’ll let you know more about what is going on later.

James Bond:
Thanks for your input guys. I had to rush through the questions because I
got stuck working all weekend, so your input was very helpful even though
I skimmed it. I’ll let you know more about what is going on later.

lol, You kidnapped Dr Kemp didn’t you?
Personally, I think it’s a reasonable action for an unreasonable report.

1. what are the reasons because the optimistic results in phase I (safety)regarding efficacy of the TRC procedure (66 new hairs per cm^2!!) and the financing gained by government for TRC and the ‘after’ Intercytex incongruent/inconsistent behaviour in terms of poor and obscure phase II (efficacy) results (expressed in terms of percentage by preexistent hairs!!!?!!!, no numerical data in the March report) and abandon financing the TRC development phase III?

2. is it necessary, further the prestimulation, for increasing the efficacy of TRC procedure, to add substances that suppress inhibitor factors or stimulate growth factors (as wnt, other types of cell (Aderans approach),…)

3. how much is important the preexistent scalp condition? in other terms, is it important the presence of resident hairs? in other terms, does TRC procedure work better as a ‘rejuvenator’???

4. what about the TRC small commercialization they said? in 2009? no more?

5. in case of no partner will accept to finance the TRC development (phase III), will Intercytex abandon the project?

thx bye

»
» Thanks for your time,
»
» jb

JB, I’m sorry I missed this - in any case, if it is not too late, I was going to suggest asking Kemp about his thoughts on Follica and Aderans. Sometimes you hear interesting things about a company from its competitors.

I was going to suggest asking Kemp about his thoughts on Follica and Aderans.
Sometimes you hear interesting things about a company from its competitors.
That’s an excellent point.

Dr. Cotsarelis made some interesting comments about HM last year (he was referring to Intercytex and Aderans without naming names). Basically,he said that current HM companies were not creating follicles – they were merely injecting certain cells into the scalp and hoping for the best. He stated the follicle is a complicated organ, and the beauty of the Follica approach was it allowed the body to do all the hard work for us (creating its own, complete, follicles from scratch).