I saw Rassman on Extreme Makeover

This bald 39 year old NW5 dude was on Extreme Makeover. He had a fairly good looking young wife. I think she was about 21 or so. At any rate, Rassman gave the dude strip HT. For whatever reason, when I saw the show (a couple months ago), I never took notice that it was Rassman doing the HT.

The 6 month results are available, but it looks like it still needs some time to grow out.

» This bald 39 year old NW5 dude was on Extreme Makeover. He had a fairly
» good looking young wife. I think she was about 21 or so. At any rate,
» Rassman gave the dude strip HT. For whatever reason, when I saw the show
» (a couple months ago), I never took notice that it was Rassman doing the
» HT.
»
» The 6 month results are available, but it looks like it still needs some
» time to grow out.
»
» NHI Medical | World Renowned Hair Restoration Doctors | New Hair Institute Medical Group specializing in FUE, FUT, SMP

How exciting!

» HT.
»
» time to grow out.
»
» NHI Medical | World Renowned Hair Restoration Doctors | New Hair Institute Medical Group specializing in FUE, FUT, SMP

oooooh!!! yippie!!! whoopty doo!!!

» » This bald 39 year old NW5 dude was on Extreme Makeover. He had a fairly
» » good looking young wife. I think she was about 21 or so. At any rate,
» » Rassman gave the dude strip HT. For whatever reason, when I saw the
» show
» » (a couple months ago), I never took notice that it was Rassman doing
» the
» » HT.
» »
» » The 6 month results are available, but it looks like it still needs
» some
» » time to grow out.
» »
» » NHI Medical | World Renowned Hair Restoration Doctors | New Hair Institute Medical Group specializing in FUE, FUT, SMP
»
»
» oooooh!!! yippie!!! whoopty doo!!!

That HT looks terrible. Very unnatural hairline.

» That HT looks terrible. Very unnatural hairline.

Looks good to me. It’s not a full head of hair, but then again, no transplant will achieve that in all but the most moderate cases of hair loss.

» That HT looks terrible. Very unnatural hairline.

This is the typical strip HT I am so used to seeing over the years. Looking at this type of result is what led me to never want a HT and instead keep my eye to future emerging treatments. I swear on a stack of Bibles that you could not pay me enough to have that done to my head.

Lately, I have seen a few FUE hairlines done by Cole and Mwamba that have impressed me enough to think of HT as something some people can actually gain benefit from. That has been kind of refreshing because I had previously swore off HT as something purely from the dark ages of medicine.

If I’m not mistaken, Cole believes FUE is superior to strip in about every imaginable way except for cost. Rassman claims to be the inventor of FUE; yet, he gives strips on TV. Odd!

In closing, it is possible that not all of the grafts have grown out yet. However, I’ve definitely seen better results at 6 months.

» » That HT looks terrible. Very unnatural hairline.
»
» This is the typical strip HT I am so used to seeing over the years.
» Looking at this type of result is what led me to never want a HT and
» instead keep my eye to future emerging treatments. I swear on a stack of
» Bibles that you could not pay me enough to have that done to my head.
»
» Lately, I have seen a few FUE hairlines done by Cole and Mwamba that have
» impressed me enough to think of HT as something some people can actually
» gain benefit from. That has been kind of refreshing because I had
» previously swore off HT as something purely from the dark ages of
» medicine.
»
» If I’m not mistaken, Cole believes FUE is superior to strip in about every
» imaginable way except for cost. Rassman claims to be the inventor of FUE;
» yet, he gives strips on TV. Odd!
»
» In closing, it is possible that not all of the grafts have grown out yet.
» However, I’ve definitely seen better results at 6 months.

JB, I agree, I hve definitely seen better results. Rassman did a strip on this guy. I am surprised he only took out 2000+ grafts. Usually top docs such as Armani or Hasson and Wong can easily take out 4000 or more grafts in one setting.

Did you see Ninjaxan’s result? He just updated his blog in the transplant forum, 4300 grafts strip from Armani. Personally I would not go for a strip but the Ninjaxan’s result is just amazing,

before

after 4300 strip grafts

There is no difference in placement of grafts between the two, FUE and strip. The only difference is the surgeon doing the procedure and placing the grafts.

Doc: "I’m gonna put your hairline right here. Ok?"
Patient: “Well gee doc, it seems a little low.”

» HT.
»
» time to grow out.
»

lol …

Inspired Rassman looking at this poor guy like he’s gonna do some art thing … And this huge camera aiming at thosee missing hair … It’s all makes it pathetic. And this guys looks like a naive, lost, pigeon looser. Oh my. I’d rather be bald and keep my pride afterall.

» Doc: “I’m gonna put your hairline right here. Ok?”
» Patient: “Well gee doc, it seems a little low.”
»
»

Dr. Rassman: “This is where I’m going to draw a big “L” for “loser” on your forehead, because that’s what people are going to think when they see this terrible HT. Cool?”

You guys are being pretty harsh.

There is a difference between a conservative HT and a “bad” HT. Not everyone wants to get a dense-hairline NW#2 after being a total baldy for 10 or 20 years.

Most of that dude’s head probably needed work. We’re talking way more than just the frontal third.

I would have done a lot more than 2000 grafts personally, but it doesn’t look like bad work to me. Just conservative work.

Get a sense of humor.

…and, R assman somewhat deserves it. He comes on this board and posts pessimistic comments about HM, when, as a HT doc, there is an obvious conflict of interest.