I need help

I just discovered this board and am in need of some serious assistance/recommendations.
I like many of you, am a victim of bad hair restoration procedures with “HORRIFIC RESULTS”.
Here’s a brief rundown of the procedures (with aprox dates) that I’ve had done.

1975 hair transplant (60) 5mm plugs
1975 hair transplant (50) 5mm plugs
1988 hair transplant 200 grafts
1988 hair lift
1989 a large area of necrosis developed on back of head caused from hair lift.
1989 scar revision done to remove necrotic area. Large area of donor hair was destroyed.
1989 2nd hair lift
1990 scalp reduction
1990 hair transplant (90) grafts. Infection at donor site results in 1" x 5" scar and another
huge large loss of donor hair.

After the last procedure in 1990, I felt it’s over, there’s nothing more that can be done. My head now has more scars than hair and no donor hair left to transplant even if I wanted too. The remaining hair on my head is thin all over (top, sides and back) and the scars and my scalp show through. After reading several of the posts on this forum, now I’m wondering if there may possibly be some hope for me. If there is, it’s obvious and a “MUST” that I chose the right doctor. This is where I need your help. It’s not practical or possible for me to travel all over the world to find this right doctor, though I am willing to do some traveling. I am located in Rochester NY. Please help me find just the right doctor for my situation. Thank you all for this great forum and for your assistance. Sincerely kingskid

I feel for you man! Do you have any current pics?
People have been trying to use body hair along with scalp hair for candidates who dont have enough donor on scalp.
Although I must say body hair transplantation (BHT) is still in its infancy, but there are some very good documented results showing growth.

Use the search engine to research on your case (some search terms: repair cases, BHT, scar repair, multiple surgeries) on this forum and others as well. There is wealth of information. Depending on how bad the scars are, I THINK its possible to get a cosmetically acceptable result.

As carrot said, can you post pictures?
Also, how old are you?
Do you take any medication like Prevacid? There are many commonly prescribed medications that have hair loss as one of the side effects.
How long has it been since your last surgery? Often times shock loss will eventually recover.
Have you tried minoxidil or oral meds like propecia?
What doctor/s performed your surgeries?

» As carrot said, can you post pictures?
» Also, how old are you?
» Do you take any medication like Prevacid? There are many commonly
» prescribed medications that have hair loss as one of the side effects.
» How long has it been since your last surgery? Often times shock loss will
» eventually recover.
» Have you tried minoxidil or oral meds like propecia?
» What doctor/s performed your surgeries?

1975? Did you have the worlds first hair transplant? Seriously though Body Hair is probably your only option. Look into top body hair docs. Dr. A, Dr. Wolf, Dr. Cole all do body hair work.

The current HT technology can usually work to break up the larger old grafts and distribute the hairs from them more evenly than before. (Reduces the “doll’s head” look of the hairline.) And scar revisions are possible but from your rundown of work I’m not sure it’s what you’re after.

This is a loaded suggestion, but if I was in your shoes I would not make any firm decisions about body hair HT work until I saw the mid-2008 updates on the Intercytex effort. It might (not for sure, only MIGHT) tell us something major about their hair multiplication work. I’m not saying you have much chance of getting any hair multiplication within a year or anything, but there’s still the possibility that this HM effort might produce something real within 5 years or so.

My point is this: Body hair transplant work is very, very expensive in proportion to the cosmetic gains it can offer. I would not want to dump huge money into BHT work, only to see it obsoleted by another option that takes just as much money but looks A LOT better.

After seeing Checkingin’s pics, I think beard hair is probably the most robust for repair the only problem is that most people don’t have that much to spare. Probably 1000 beard donor max for most people. Read Checkingin’s thread, it looks very promising. As for doctors, I have seen the best repair from Cole, Woods and Arvind.