I\'m Sure I\'ll Pay for This

I’m sure I’ll be criticized for posting this here…but I don’t really care! It is about Acell, so a little piece of advice to all of the posters who have no interest in reading about it…ignore this post!

For the others who are open to reading about ANY POSSIBLE ADVANCES in the field of hair restoration since we will seem to be waiting for… oh I don’t know, maybe ten years for HM, here is something to read while we are waiting.

Dr. Cole has updated his information about Acell on his website. He mentions that Acell can potentially provide patients with unlimited donor supply in the future. He lists a phone number ( 1-800-368-4247 ) for any questions about his procedures.

I have no idea if this is true or not. We are all adults here, so I’m trusting you to use your head when reading this info. I’m skeptical too, but open minded enough to check into it. It will give me something to do in the meantime for the NEXT TEN YEARS. Now bring on the insults =)

Here is the link:

forhair . com / News_Release/New_Hair_Transplant_Treatments_2010 . htm

» I’m sure I’ll be criticized for posting this here…but I don’t really
» care! It is about Acell, so a little piece of advice to all of the posters
» who have no interest in reading about it…ignore this post!
»
» For the others who are open to reading about ANY POSSIBLE ADVANCES in the
» field of hair restoration since we will seem to be waiting for… oh I
» don’t know, maybe ten years for HM, here is something to read while we are
» waiting.
»
» Dr. Cole has updated his information about Acell on his website. He
» mentions that Acell can potentially provide patients with unlimited donor
» supply in the future. He lists a phone number ( 1-800-368-4247 ) for any
» questions about his procedures.
»
» I have no idea if this is true or not. We are all adults here, so I’m
» trusting you to use your head when reading this info. I’m skeptical too,
» but open minded enough to check into it. It will give me something to do
» in the meantime for the NEXT TEN YEARS. Now bring on the insults =)
»

i really want to be excited about this but seriouly, not even a single picture, no details, no nothing.

Cole should either post pics or retract the claims.

Thanks Willy
let people say whatever they say. I spoke to doctor cole’s office about acell and they told me that it is still in early stage but they right now use it for wound healing only.

» Cole should either post pics or retract the claims.

Agreed. I think that his office should AT LEAST answer questions about these claims. I just found it on their site and thought some people might be interested in reading it.

» Thanks Willy
» let people say whatever they say. I spoke to doctor cole’s office about
» acell and they told me that it is still in early stage but they right now
» use it for wound healing only.

The only thing is, if they have been using it, they should already KNOW if it regrows donor hair or not. I don’t know how you can use the product for wound healing only. If it regenerates normal tissue, and that normal tissue had hair follicles (donor hair), then it should regenerate those hair follicles too…but again, they should already know if this happens.

I see he’s under critics for his support to Acell, i think some will believe they pay him, or he work for them.
I can only say that when acell was out, i’ve helped willy to find hair transplant doctors on internet, only to send them emails about the acell patent. We send about 70 emails to different doctors, moved by personal idea about acell utility, not because he was supported by them.
So, if he speak about acell, is why he believe in their product, nothing else.

About this declaration of COLE… well, seems great, i think also that if what he says will be real, he can easy give us the prove of that.

»
» waiting.
»
»
»
»
»
»

Thank you for the info. I like that Dr. Cole try Acell, because he use FUE technique, so this can be the definitive test to see if this product can do something with hair regeneration/multiplication. Anyway if reduces the white dots of FUE technique, I will be happy too. I hope Dr. Cole don’t try to fool us with blurry pictures or false statments.

» I see he’s under critics for his support to Acell, i think some will
» believe they pay him, or he work for them.
» I can only say that when acell was out, i’ve helped willy to find hair
» transplant doctors on internet, only to send them emails about the acell
» patent. We send about 70 emails to different doctors, moved by personal
» idea about acell utility, not because he was supported by them.
» So, if he speak about acell, is why he believe in their product, nothing
» else.
»
» About this declaration of COLE… well, seems great, i think also that if
» what he says will be real, he can easy give us the prove of that.

Thanks Marco. Some of these people actually think I was being paid for trying to connect Acell to the HT doctors. They’ve been losing hair (and maybe some brain cells) for too long. I just want my f%&*ing hair back!

I agree, I have guarded optimism about Dr. Cole’s claim also. The fact that I post something here doesn’t necessarily mean that I beleive in it. I post it here to expose it to the other members and get thier EDUCATED, CONSTRUCTIVE opinion on it…not the BS that many respond with. As far as Cole’s claims goes, I feel that he left a door open to back out of. He claimed that it will potentially provide an ulimited donor supply IN THE FUTURE. That is very vague. That leaves him with the ability to back peddel on this claim and state that it was a POTENTIAL. I feel like they should already KNOW if it regerates hair by now, so that is not a good sign. I haven’t closed my mind completely to this issue yet (because I BELIEVE that it does no harm to look into it while we are WAITING FOR TEN YEARS FOR HM) but my optimism has definately waivered.

Take Care,
Bill

Thanks Willy and all the others involved for trying and sharing any news re: Acell.

I don’t understand why people are so p* off about it - since the start Willy himself said that any chance of success was very slim.

Regards,

LL.

» I feel like they
» should already KNOW if it regerates hair by now, so that is not a good
» sign.

NO - ACell has nothing to do with this case - but such (or even better density results) is what we would like to SEE with ACell’s MatriStem in the very near future!

Hahaha. Now its clear that Roger_That was right.
A lot of info has been posted about Acell contradictions and lies in the last few days. You didn’t even bother to comment these. And now, you keep pumping out Acell hopes, as if nothing…

Either you are being paid, or you are a plain imbecile.

I had my doubts… but not anymore.

shame on you…

»
» waiting.
»
»
»

@Spanish Dude,

look what Alan Spievack (died in 2008), surgeon and founder of ACell Inc (1999) said during the court battle in 2006:

“ACell’s technology is only one of many such matrix technologies, Spievack said.
That is why we are delighted” to be past the court battles, he said. ‘‘Not only are we vindicated as a scientific advancement, but hopefully we can finally grow a very good company”
http://www.gazette.net/stories/111006/businew181519_31945.shtml

That means, there are (of course) MANY other (similar) bio companies out there. So I wonder why we should just focus on ACell products. Maybe other companies in the meantime manufacture much better products …

Why just always discuss ACell products??
Why Dr. Cooley, Dr. Hitzig, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Cole etc use ACell products??

Why they don’t use e.g. Cook Biotech Inc products??

» Hahaha. Now its clear that Roger_That was right.
And it’s clear you and roger_that are lovers. Good luck with that BTW.

» A lot of info has been posted about Acell contradictions and lies in the
» last few days. You didn’t even bother to comment these. And now, you keep
» pumping out Acell hopes, as if nothing…
»
» Either you are being paid, or you are a plain imbecile.
»
» I had my doubts… but not anymore.
»
» shame on you…

»
» » I’m sure I’ll be criticized for posting this here…but I don’t really
» » care! It is about Acell, so a little piece of advice to all of the
» posters
» » who have no interest in reading about it…ignore this post!
» »
» » For the others who are open to reading about ANY POSSIBLE ADVANCES in
» the
» » field of hair restoration since we will seem to be waiting for… oh
» I
» » don’t know, maybe ten years for HM, here is something to read while we
» are
» » waiting.
» »
» » Dr. Cole has updated his information about Acell on his website. He
» » mentions that Acell can potentially provide patients with unlimited
» donor
» » supply in the future. He lists a phone number ( 1-800-368-4247 ) for
» any
» » questions about his procedures.
» »
» » I have no idea if this is true or not. We are all adults here, so I’m
» » trusting you to use your head when reading this info. I’m skeptical
» too,
» » but open minded enough to check into it. It will give me something to
» do
» » in the meantime for the NEXT TEN YEARS. Now bring on the insults =)
» »

Alan Spievak died of bladder cancer. His brother, Lee Spievak, AKA “Finger Man”, said that Alan died because no doctor wanted to treat him with his pixie dust.

quote:

However, Alan Spievack is not around to defend his creation: he died in March from bladder cancer - one of the deadly diseases he claimed his pixie dust could cure - after other doctors refused to use it to save him.
<<<

First time I read this, I was sceptic. Now I firmly think that Lee Spievak is a filthy liar.

The fact that they won the court battle doesn’t mean that Acell works. Same as patents. Patents are no guarantee.

» That means, there are (of course) MANY other (similar) bio companies out
» there. So I wonder why we should just focus on ACell products. Maybe other
» companies in the meantime manufacture much better products …
»
» Why just always discuss ACell products??
» Why Dr. Cooley, Dr. Hitzig, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Cole etc use ACell products??
»
» Why they don’t use e.g. Cook Biotech Inc products??

Yes, I also speculated about trying SIS products from Cook Biotech.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/search.html?search=Spanish+Dude+Oasis&x=0&y=0

I had the idea of contacting Cook, and even went to their website, but the contact form didn’t work. And noone seemed interested, so I didn’t go any further. Also, at that time, I was sold the idea that Acell was a more sophisticated version of Cook Biotech products.

Here is when I tried to contact Cook:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-32305.html

I think Cook Biotech is a larger company with many years of experience and several products being used for humans, not animals. It would be interesting to contact them to see what is their oppinion about growing new hair with a SIS Matrix.

» Hahaha. Now its clear that Roger_That was right.
» A lot of info has been posted about Acell contradictions and lies in the
» last few days. You didn’t even bother to comment these. And now, you keep
» pumping out Acell hopes, as if nothing…
»
» Either you are being paid, or you are a plain imbecile.
»
» I had my doubts… but not anymore.
»
» shame on you…
»
»
Wow…you guys have lost touch with reality. BTW, I don’t claim to be an expert about Acell, so I can’t defend them. I can’t claim that I’m even that confident that it will work (at this point), but I thought SOME people would be interested in reading this article.

Cole is advertising it even before he has tested it. He doesn’t even mention that it works (as a wound healer). Now the other docs will run to do the same. Cheap way of innovate.

What a pathetic show.

Besides… Cole doesn’t mention HM, he is just going to use Acell to (suppossedly) reduce FUE scarring. Then,
WHAT THE HELL IS DOING THIS POST IN THE HM FORUM!!!

TOTAL OFFTOPIC!!!

ACELL - MatriStem regenerative medicine is a product that is primarily used to treat damaged tissue, and minimizes scar tissue formation. This FDA approved technology attracts human stem cells which produce new tissue formation at the location of the damaged tissue (wound/physical injury). ACELL - MatriStem supports growth of new blood vessels and production of connective tissue cells formation. The ability to produce new tissue can benefit hair transplant patients or individuals who generally don’t heal well from surgery. Although non-strip hair transplant methods typically involve less noticeable scarring, we will look toward achieving even less noticeable donor scarring than before applying the ACELL treatment. We plan to use this treatment to significantly reduce patients’ post-op recovery period, permitting a swift return to their daily activities. We are hopeful and confident that this product will be invaluable to each new patient, veteran patient, and repair patients.
<<<<

» » Hahaha. Now its clear that Roger_That was right.
» » A lot of info has been posted about Acell contradictions and lies in
» the
» » last few days. You didn’t even bother to comment these. And now, you
» keep
» » pumping out Acell hopes, as if nothing…
» »
» » Either you are being paid, or you are a plain imbecile.
» »
» » I had my doubts… but not anymore.
» »
» » shame on you…
» »
» »
» Wow…you guys have lost touch with reality. BTW, I don’t claim to be an
» expert about Acell, so I can’t defend them. I can’t claim that I’m even
» that confident that it will work (at this point), but I thought SOME people
» would be interested in reading this article.

Hairsite has posted about Acell in this forum on several occassions lately. Does it really matter that much to you…I think it’s funny how guys start getting so defensive of HM forum like it is thiers (more than the guy who actually created the site). Anyways, the article talks about the possibility of providing a limitless donor supply in the future and that is why I posted it here.

okay, it was my bad.
the article you posted actually talks about potential limitless donor supply.
funnily, the CIT post in the HT forum, doesn’t mention it. this is the fragment that I copied in my previous post.

Its clear that Cole is playing the same game as Cooley and Hitzig. Everyone is jumping on the Acell hype wagon. Noone wants to be left behind, doesn’t matter if it works or not.

» Hairsite has posted about Acell in this forum on several occassions lately.
» Does it really matter that much to you…I think it’s funny how guys
» start getting so defensive of HM forum like it is thiers (more than the guy
» who actually created the site). Anyways, the article talks about the
» possibility of providing a limitless donor supply in the future and that is
» why I posted it here.

Thank’s Spanish Dude for clarifying some things.

» He stated that they have been in court battling over patent infringements » over the past four years which has halted their progress but they have » won the legal issues are are moving forward.
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-2810-page-0-order-last_answer-category-0.html

That means between 2003 and 2007, ACell has been unable to progress with their products. That could maybe one reason why Alan Spievack (founder) died in 2008 – who knows. That would ironically mean that he won the legal issue in court, but actually Cook Biotech won the battle 2 years later outside the court, because Alan Spievack has been unable to progress with the cure for his personally battle …

» Also, at that time, I was sold the idea that Acell was a more
» sophisticated version of Cook Biotech products.

Ah, that could be the reason why the US Pentagon still believe in ACell’s pixie dust …