I\'m back after 5 years

Greetings my BALDING brothers.

I was on back in the early 2000s and I left.

I’ve come back now after many years. Am I right in saying there has been NO progress towards a cure?

From what I see, the Gho saga is still ongoing with no resolution in sight.

Rumours of hair multiplication breakthroughs in secret labs at the far ends of the world keep swirling around but no evidence is forthcoming. Ernest Primeau is STILL spamming away on alt.baldspot

Nothing has changed since I left, am I right?

» Greetings my BALDING brothers.
»
» I was on back in the early 2000s and I left.
»
» I’ve come back now after many years. Am I right in saying there has been
» NO progress towards a cure?
»
» From what I see, the Gho saga is still ongoing with no resolution in
» sight.
»
» Rumours of hair multiplication breakthroughs in secret labs at the far
» ends of the world keep swirling around but no evidence is forthcoming.
» Ernest Primeau is STILL spamming away on alt.baldspot
»
» Nothing has changed since I left, am I right?

Great, welcome back… everyone really missed you. :expressionless: and thanks for the advertisement, I’m sure Hairsite loves that.

» Great, welcome back… everyone really missed you. :expressionless: and thanks for the
» advertisement, I’m sure Hairsite loves that.

well its not like i’m asking anyone to bow their bald heads as I walk past.

but it is discouraging that years have gone by and nothing promising has emerged.

by the time anything of substance turns up, we will all be in our 60s by which time we won’t care.

Dr. Gho is not being talked about these days very often. You just picked the wrong month to check the boards.

There has been some progress.

In the big picture, I think the biggest difference from 5+ year ago is that we’re now pretty confident that the hairs can be regrown correctly. Whatever we finally get, it will probably have no direction problems, no curl or color problems, etc.

The most serious researchers today seem to have basically licked that issue and now we’re waiting for someone to get it developed & consistent enough to sell commercially. They’re not all pursuing exactly the same methods, but the total range of methods being researched has narrowed down a lot. (In fact one company recently purchased the patents left over from another company’s previous HM attempt.) They’re closer to figuring out what really works and what doesn’t.

Intercytex’s (ICX) well-known program failed in phase#2. By the time the failure was official we had known it was coming for a while.

Aderans (ARI) is nearing the end of FDA phase#2. They’ve got a lot of money behind them and we aren’t seeing any obvious signs of trouble yet.

The Histogen group might be doing even better, but they’re not pursuing clinical trials in the USA. They’re trying to dodge the long & exhaustive process by doing some quick & dirty human trials in southeast asia. It might well very well very soon but that doesn’t give us as much assurance of long term safety (like causing cancer, etc).

I think in the last 5 years we have come a long way but we still arent there yet! I think we are gettin closer and closer and hopefully something will be out soon. Histogen, Follica, Trichoscience and Adreans are all racing towards the end

Thanks for the update.

But it still looks no different than 5 years ago when people were saying ‘its just 5 years away’.

Until we see a NW7 guy turned into a NW1, I would say don’t pin your hopes on anything.

» Thanks for the update.
»
» But it still looks no different than 5 years ago when people were saying
» ‘its just 5 years away’.
»
» Until we see a NW7 guy turned into a NW1, I would say don’t pin your hopes
» on anything.

Basically, if Aderans doesn’t work, its going to be at least 5 years (and probably longer) for something else to POTENTIALLY work.

Order of likeliness:

1. Aderans
  2. Histogen
  3. Follica

That’s it for the next decade.

The number of years away is not THAT complicated to estimate.

But people just usually believe anything the researchers claim in the press. That’s the problem. Researchers are almost expected to overstate how soon it could be on the market just because of how medical research works.

The FDA trials process takes about 10 years. 5 years ago nobody was halfway through it yet, but some of these operations were saying “5 years away.” This defies common sense. But everyone believes it just because it came from one of the research teams in the press.

Strip away the bullsh*t, and you find that Aderans is a little past the halfway point of the FDA trials. It has maybe 4 more years (barring any significant setbacks, which is by no means assured.)

Nobody else is even in trials yet.

So that’s why we say either it’s coming in 5 years or else probably not for at least another 10. That’s the situation in terms of the American FDA.

And like I said before, somebody like Histogen might beat these predictions in an unregulated foreign country before then. But that won’t give you much assurance about how safe/effective it is.

Even though this kinda off topic for this thread I didn’t want to start a new one. It may interest you though to know that there’s less than 3 months until The 6th World Congress of Hair Research is held in Australia! Hopfully this provides some revalations/data, especially since their potraying it as such a big deal. I mean their are tons of people gathering there who are essentially working towards the same goal.

We really haven’t got anything out of Follica since it’s birth as to wether their concept actually works. Hopefully this prestigous event forces Cotsarelis to give us some actual hard-core evidence (as he’s in the spotlight being a main speaker their).

Despite this we should get some kind of vital info from this event since these people are supposed to be the leading experts in this feild. Trust me I feel your pain, I really do an regardless of any fights on here I sincerly hope we all get this “cure.”

As others have said to I think there’s progress but we just haven’t got there yet. Kinda freaks you out though when you think about it, I know…

Thanks for the update guys.

Why don’t they put some damn government stimulus money into curing this terrible disease?

Its utterly wasteful to be pissing away the stimulus on the banking ‘industry’ which is just a middle man industry skimming wealth off everyone. Total waste of money handing out bonuses and bailouts to this most useless ‘industry’ which produces nothing except con men.

What a difference 10 billion dollars would make towards curing baldness.

We all know how you feel. Sucks, but there are tons of other people with medical conditions saying the same things to each other right now.

But right now I think (hope) we’re past that point. If Aderans doesn’t fail then there is nothing more to be spent, really. They’re doing very large pools of test subjects and they’re doing things at full speed. Investment money has not been a limitation for them.

» Thanks for the update guys.
»
» Why don’t they put some damn government stimulus money into curing this
» terrible disease?
»
» Its utterly wasteful to be pissing away the stimulus on the banking
» ‘industry’ which is just a middle man industry skimming wealth off
» everyone. Total waste of money handing out bonuses and bailouts to this
» most useless ‘industry’ which produces nothing except con men.
»
» What a difference 10 billion dollars would make towards curing baldness.

Even 100 million is more than enough to get to the roots of baldness & come up with a cure. The problem is that no one has really bothered studying baldness…because they are NOT bald! except for a professor at Columbia university who really is interested in solving this: Angela M. Christiano…and you know why she is so much into it…because she once was bald herself!

All the cures we have are accidental…Histogen & Follica started from accidental hair growth on wounds in mice…Intercytex & Aderans started from Gho’s experiments…all others are just anti-androgens. Oh yeah…there is one clown, Thomas whitfield…in 2008 he talked about curing the disease in one year :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats the current status of this industry. Until there is a concentrated effort to find a cure for baldness…this is what we’re gonna get…half-hearted attempts at making money…not curing the disease.

» » Thanks for the update guys.
» »
» » Why don’t they put some damn government stimulus money into curing this
» » terrible disease?
» »
» » Its utterly wasteful to be pissing away the stimulus on the banking
» » ‘industry’ which is just a middle man industry skimming wealth off
» » everyone. Total waste of money handing out bonuses and bailouts to
» this
» » most useless ‘industry’ which produces nothing except con men.
» »
» » What a difference 10 billion dollars would make towards curing
» baldness.
»
» Even 100 million is more than enough to get to the roots of baldness &
» come up with a cure. The problem is that no one has really bothered
» studying baldness…because they are NOT bald! except for a professor at
» Columbia university who really is interested in solving this: Angela M.
» Christiano…and you know why she is so much into it…because she once was
» bald herself!
»
» All the cures we have are accidental…Histogen & Follica started from
» accidental hair growth on wounds in mice…Intercytex & Aderans started
» from Gho’s experiments…all others are just anti-androgens. Oh
» yeah…there is one clown, Thomas whitfield…in 2008 he talked about
» curing the disease in one year :stuck_out_tongue:
»
» Thats the current status of this industry. Until there is a concentrated
» effort to find a cure for baldness…this is what we’re gonna
» get…half-hearted attempts at making money…not curing the disease.

Makes sense, why this isn’t going as fast as other things scientist have/are working on. Although cal is right ARI is proving to be taking serious attempt at this and are going about it in a proffesional manner. It’s good to know they are fighting this with a strong mentality! If anyones going to kill this disease I think they are looking like the best bet. Histogen is looking like a good plan-b. Shouldn’t be long now till they elaborate on their latest news either (next month they have a confrence). Thank God they don’t hide in the shadows & manipulate people either. Unfortunately for me I think Histogen’s HSC would be more effective for eyebrows and I don’t know why I say that, guess it’s a gut feeling. Also I read it in their patent. As long as these companys are striving though it still gives me hope. Oh yeah, I also agree huge sums of money would speed this up light years faster than we are seeing now. Though using stimulus money on this just isn’t realistic. As it’s been said the majority of people don’t actually view hairloss as a reall problem. Unless it happened to them… I am not a big fan of taxes either but I would happily make an exception for this. :wink: