I just want to make sure everyone knows about this -df

I don’t recall if that’s the correct company or not.

Lets wait another 10 years I guess :slight_smile:

More like 3 - 5 years.

What are these estimates based on? Press releases from the companies that are developing new treatments? If those were anything to go by, we’d have the cure from Intercytex, Aderans and others by now.

Eventually we will get there maybe at the end of this decade

Looks like my theory about Dr Tsuji may be turning out to be correct. I suspected he overpromised to his business partners like Organ Technologies. His exaggerations it might have cost them a lot of money and they ended up going bankrupt. The “$4.8 million” he was trying to raise from public donations was possibly a way of patching this hole. Now he may have ruined his reputaion in Japan because of this situation. He said he was looking for a new “partner company” but how many companies are lining up to do a deal with him? It’s been about 6 months now since we heard about this and so far there’s been no announcement of a new partnership. If everyone knows what happened and they know it was because of exaggerated claims, what company/investor would want to partner with him?

Tsuji was the one who told the world his treatment would be available in 2020?

Science had to go through the Intercytex and Aderans failures in order to figure out what else needed to be done to cure hair loss. Stemson’s tech may be the solution to solve those final problems and if that’s the case then they could have a cure on the market in 3 - 5 years at the most. We might be able to get it in Asia in 2 - 3 years.

I think Tsuji mislead us all about having conquered the hair inductivity issue.

I think you’re right and I think the drug is called GT20029. I’ve read somewhere that it only works in skin even when taken orally but I can’t find that article anymore. Now I can’t find any article that says it only works in skin. Hence, GT20029 may not be the miracle cure we are all hoping for. I want an anti-androgen that ONLY works in skin so that it won’t cause side effects such as loss of libido, loss of vigor, and gynecomastia.

This is the article where I read that GT20029 is taken orally. Am I misreading what they’re saying or are they saying GT20029 is oral? Here is the link to the article where I read that it’s an oral drug and below the link is the part of the article that makes me think the drug is oral.

Dr. Tong Youzhi, the founder, chairman and CEO of Kintor Pharmaceutical, commented, “The major obstacle of PROTAC drugs is oral absorption due to the large molecular weight. Therefore, we developed a topical AR degrader first based on PROTAC platform. At the same time, we are also developing an oral PROTAC drug targeting the AR. Both indications of androgenetic alopecia and acne vulgaris have huge unmet clinical needs. According to animal experiments, the efficacy of GT20029 is superior to other small molecule AR inhibitors. As the sixth drug candidate of Kintor in the clinical stage, we hope to quickly explore its safety, recommended dosage and dosing frequency for clinical use, seeking innovative drug strategies of applying PROTAC molecule in local treatment.”

@jarjarbinx i don’t think it is wise to bank on anti-androgens alone. There are so many anti-androgens and dht inhibitors on the market already, I don’t think anti-androgens alone will reverse hair loss. Spironolactone is a powerful anti androgen too and it is widely available, I have never seen anyone who grew their hair back after using spiro.

The problem isn’t that THE CORRECT antiandrogen wouldn’t work; the problem is that THE CORRECT antiandrogen is not on the market yet. All of the available antiandrogens have one problem or another.

It takes a potent pure antiandrogen that works in skin but not in other parts of the body to safely regrow hair. This is no such anti-androgen on the market.

@jarjarbinx I hope you’re right jarjar and I really do hope that such an anti-androgen that only works on skin can exist, but I have a hunch based on everything that I know about human biochemistry and pharmacology amd endocrinology, that it really can’t exist, and if you have an oral anti-androgen that works on the skin, it will HAVE to affect the rest of the body just as much as the skin, including causing all the unwanted side effects like gynecomastia, lessened libido, etc.

In other words what I’m saying is that I think that what you’re speculating about is 100% physiologically impossible, no ifs ands or buts, no wiggle room. It’s totally impossible.

Now I admit that I may be completely wrong and maybe there’s something that I’m totally overlooking, and that when I see it I’ll slap my head and say “hello, I’m so dumb, why didn’t I see that???”

But for now I’m just saying what I strongly suspect is the case. And I’ll go further and say that I suspect that if you or someone saw an article, a press release or an advertisement about such a drug, it was either a lie or a gross over-exaggeration bordering on a lie, or a misunderstanding on your part.

And I’m not saying I hope you’re wrong, I hope you’re right because it would be really great if this turned out to be the case.

RU58841 is already proven to be a drug that when applied topically regrows a ton of hair but rarely causes bodily side effects to the user at the recommended dose because the recommended dose is not enough to cause bodily side effects. In other words it does get into the body but not sufficiently to cause side effects. The owner of the drug decided not to pursue it because applied topically it gets into the bodies of the OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM with the person who has it on his/her head.

There may never be a drug that solves that problem but if they do make such a drug or make an oral drug that gets into the skin but not the body then hair loss would be beaten IMO.

@jarjarbinx Yeah but didn’t you use RU 58841 and you regrew a lot of hair but also got some nasty side effects?

Yes. But I’m just one person. Lots of people are able to use RU58841 without getting side effects. But you’re right that RU58841 is not good enough because some people get side effects from it. Could science possibly create an anti-androgen that works in skin without any sides? I just don’t know.