I don\'t even hear talk about DP cell research anymore

I think that hair researchers doing basic research have decided to abandon DP cell hair loss treatments due to the success of iPS cells. I think Dr. Jahoda and all of the other DP cell giants have fallen by the wayside.

I think that iPS cells will completely revolutionary all aspects of medicine.

iPS cells may actually “cure” the entire human aging process. We may
actually get back the years we lost to baldness.

Remember the way iPS cells are being used by Sanford Burnham. They’re not injecting them directly into the skin, they’re coverting them into highly hair inducrive DP-like cells first. The cells that actually get put into the skin are a sort of “artificial” DP cell, meaning cells not naturally taken from the body as DP cells. Still, they are effectively DP cells when SB gets through transforming them.

In Dr. Terskykh et al’s paper, they mentioned that they were in fact using human fetal or infant stem cells for this, taken from human infants’ foreskin tissues, which is a rich source (these foreskin stem cells eventually die out or disappear as the infant grows). However, they said this could ALSO be done with lab-created induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSs), but this is not what they actually did in their initial research that produced the paper.

In any event, either type of stem cell can be transformed in culture to inductive DP-like cells.

I meant to say that there is no more talk about hair trichogenicity
or hair inductivity in connection with cultured natural DP cells. It looks
like that is a dead issue and iSP cells are taking over the spotlight.

Last year there were numerous natural DP cell trichogencity presentations
at the hair loss congress but this year there are very few, it any. I guess
Replicel will be there and they “might” talk about it but so far there
is not even 1 topic about trichogenicity or inductivity of natural DP
cells.

Yes, you’re right at least with Jahoda and Christiano. But Replicel is using Dermal Sheath Cup cells – which are just a sub-type of DP cells – possibly along with stem cells. Wonder if Jahoda and Christiano are still active, or of they’ve thrown in the towel because of the iPS stuff?

So far the new hair loss congress is not reporting that Jahoda’s team will be presenting at all. Christiano will be there but I don’t think she’s talking trichogenicity of natural DP cells.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Yes, you’re right at least with Jahoda and Christiano. But Replicel is using Dermal Sheath Cup cells – which are just a sub-type of DP cells – possibly along with stem cells. Wonder if Jahoda and Christiano are still active, or of they’ve thrown in the towel because of the iPS stuff?[/quote]

OK Replicel is using dermal Sheath Cup cells but they aren’t growing much hair. I think they’re having hair induction issues.