I am still hoping Acell is not dead

»
» I spoke with Acell at the beginning of September. At that point, they
» said that a HT doctor had just used Acell about 1-2 weeks prior to that
» (don’t ask me why things take sooooo long). He used it in a FUE procedure
» and they were waiting for results from him.
»
» They told me that the soldiers were getting great results from Acell for
» repair of burnt skin. They had been using Acell to regenerate tissue at
» the donor site (for skin grafts) and were having such positive results that
» the next step that the doctors were going to take would be to place
» directly on the burn area (after all of the dead skin was removed). As far
» as repairing lost extremities…they were still waiting for results.
»

Willy,
Earlier you had said that Acell told you that 4-5 dr’s had received shipments of Acell. But since they didn’t mention it, I’m assuming Acell is unaware of whether any others have actually used it yet?

Guys,

I’ve been holding off on giving the names of the doctors who have been shipments of Acell because I’m not sure if they wanted their name out there or not. The more I think about it, the more I think that it is no big deal.

So, here is what I know:

Obviously, Dr. Jones is testing with the product. I know nothing more about what he is doing with it or what the outcome is. I don’t even know for a fact that he has actually tested the product yet.

Dr. Umar is testing the ECM with his FUE procedure. I don’t know how “big scale” he is going with it. I don’t know if it is in a limited area or on a large area. As far as I know, he has performed this procedure a few weeks ago and Acell is waiting on results from him.

There is another doctor in New York who is testing the product…I don’t know what his name is. Another forum member has e-mailed me about this doctor.

Drs. Hasson and Wong is experimenting with the product. At this point, they can’t test it on humans because they’re located in Canada (which confuses me because Dr. Jones is testing it in Canada). Jotronic as posted in the HT forum that the approach that they would probably take would be to place the ECM inside of the open wound and suture it closed. I don’t think that would be the best approach…but I’m not a doctor either, so who knows?

Dr. Cole’s office e-mailed me back that they are “looking into it”. I’m not really sure what that means.

Dr. Arvind showed great interest in Acell but can’t get it in India.

Dr. Matt Leavitt e-mailed (another forum member) that he has received a sample…but that hasn’t been confirmed.

A couple other doctors expressed interest in the product but I don’t know where they stand with it at this point.

At this point, that’s all I know. Hopefully, I haven’t made any mistakes with any of the above statements, but, that is my understanding of what is going on with Acell at this point. There may be other doctors testing it that I do not know of…the guy I deal with at Acell doesn’t deal directly with the HT doctors. Another guy at the company does.

Remember, Acell was not developed for the HT industry. Even though it is our major concern, they are testing the product in other areas too.

At this point, all we can do is wait. Hopefully, this stuff does regenerate removed donor tissue and hair or at least prevent scarring but it’s just at the experimental point (with reguards to HT).

Take Care,
Bill

P.S. David, if you feel that these names should not be posted here…please delete this post.

I forgot…Dr. Mwamba(sp?) has been sent shipments of Acell also.

» I forgot…Dr. Mwamba(sp?) has been sent shipments of Acell also.

And what are you think.When we can get results?

» » I forgot…Dr. Mwamba(sp?) has been sent shipments of Acell also.
»
»
» And what are you think.When we can get results?

At this point, you know about as much as I do…you’re guess is as good as mine. I’m going to call them again at the beginning of October. I’ll post what they tell me then.