HT Planning, 28 year old

First off, your hair seems very fine. Without pictures showing the back of your head, I am not sure what your donor density is like and whether it would be realistic for you to aim for hair like Wassup. Another thing to consider is that Wassup had a strip with Cole at one point. To do it with FUE alone, it will indeed take several sessions at least.

I second those who said about possible shock loss. I don’t hear much about shock loss these days, but the risk is there. Be prepared that there is a small chance the remaining hair on the frontal 1/3 may fall out after the procedure.

Every doctor has something different to offer. Don’t rush into anyting just yet. I suggest you talk to as many doctors as possible before making a decision. You wil be surprised, their opinions may vary greatly. If you want, email me and I will put you in touch with all of them.

» First off, your hair seems very fine. Without pictures showing the back of
» your head, I am not sure what your donor density is like and whether it
» would be realistic for you to aim for hair like Wassup. Another thing to
» consider is that Wassup had a strip with Cole at one point. To do it with
» FUE alone, it will indeed take several sessions at least.
»
» I second those who said about possible shock loss. I don’t hear much about
» shock loss these days, but the risk is there. Be prepared that there is a
» small chance the remaining hair on the frontal 1/3 may fall out after the
» procedure.
»
» Every doctor has something different to offer. Don’t rush into anyting
» just yet. I suggest you talk to as many doctors as possible before making
» a decision. You wil be surprised, their opinions may vary greatly. If you
» want, email me and I will put you in touch with all of them.

The hair on top is very fine because it’s dying, but the hair on the back, around the nape, is thick and wavy. I also have thick body hair. I will attempt to get some pics of the back of my head. I am willing to undergo many procedures. The only problem is time–and that’s just fine because I do agree with you when you say that this isn’t something I should just jump into. I plan on having the first procedure in approximately 1 year (not only to give it more thought, but also because of scheduling and possible HM news I want to know). There’s also one other doc I’m considering who I didn’t mention: Dr. Jones. His stuff seeems impressive. And I suppose there is a small chance I may get enough time off to go to Australia which would mean . . . As far as Dr. Arvind is concerned, I am respectfully sckeptical. I regard Dr. Woods as one of the top, if not the very top HT surgeon in the world. And some of the things he says about Dr. Arvind’s techniques make me question the shock loss rates. But, as I said, I say it respectfully because I have seen a number of great HT pics from Dr. Arvind–and I’m not a trichologist, so I don’t fully appreciate what they’re talking about—but that’s why I’m here having this discussion! I want to understand the differences and disagreements without stirring any conflicts. I think this is a reasonable thing to want. Also, Hairsite, I am wanting to have near Wassup results. I’m willing to have a bald spot at the BACK of my head. I also have body hair which, pardon me for the improrpiety, I’ve been told by a few women feels like head hair–and it’s quite long (most approx 1.5-2 inches). From a lot of the posts I’ve seen (and comments from doctors) these hairs at least take on SOME of the characteristics of head hair. Even if they remained they same length I would be able to achieve a lot with the BH follicles. Another important thing for me is to have the ability to shave my head without any scars. I know Woods is excellent for this. This is very important for me because I know that bad things can happen with even the best HT docs, so I want to be prepared for the worse case. I love this site and I thank you all for your feedback.

I’m also interested in advice on medications. I saw something in one of the forums that’s going to have me buying some garlic asap.

I am pretty new to this so maybe there is more to it that I don’t know , but I have seen Bobman’s pics and he has more hair loss than you. If Bobman can have all his hair back, there is no reason why you have to leave your crown bald,

Your hair is not that bad, I see no reason why you need to have multiple sessions. I have seen many folks here who gained their hair back with just 1 or 2 sessions.

» Your hair is not that bad, I see no reason why you need to have multiple
» sessions. I have seen many folks here who gained their hair back with just
» 1 or 2 sessions.

I think that I can achieve the sort of results I’m aiming for. I’m willing to have a little bald spot in the back, too—and I have plenty of body hair with great characteristics. However, I plan on getting at least 2–if not,3–in-person professional opinions before I do anything. If the conclusion is that I am currently not a good candidate for HT, then I will accept that. But I think I can get what I want.

Just to give you some references, Muscleboy appears to have similar hair loss pattern too. These are his before and after pictures after 3500 grafts.

Day 2 pic

Day 5 pic

Day 10 pic

1 month post op

Day 34 pics

4 months

4 months

11 months

11 months

11 months

11 months

11 months

13 months

13 months

13 months

» » If I were you, I would be worried about shock loss.
»
»
» Is there a particular reason why I–and no one else–should be worried
» about shock loss? Isn’t that a comment that could be made to anyone?

Whenver you are getting work done in an area that has pre-existing hair, you are subject to shock loss risk. The only time when you don’t have to worry about shock loss is when the recipient is slick bald :slight_smile:

» »
» » Hairsite posted some good questions but he left out the most important
» » one, do you want strip or fue? That should be the #1 question.
»
»
»
» FUE. Only FUE.
»
»
»
» I have the pics but they’re jpegs, so it won’t let me upload them. Any
» suggestions?

Superfly - I see that you are considering FUE only, Have you consdiered Dr. Armani?

Check out my results below:

»
»
»
»
»
»
»

Dear Hairsite, which clinic did Ninjaxan’s procedure?

WOW, that recent video from Dr. Umar has definately propelled him into my field of vision. I am seriously considerng him. Dr.'s Woods, Umar & Cole seem superior. Woods is just soooo far away.

» »
»
» »
» »
»
» »
» »
»
» »
» »
»
»
» Dear Hairsite, which clinic did Ninjaxan’s procedure?

Ninjaxan had his procedure with Dr. Armani.

» WOW, that recent video from Dr. Umar has definately propelled him into my
» field of vision. I am seriously considerng him. Dr.'s Woods, Umar & Cole
» seem superior. Woods is just soooo far away.

Dr. Mwamba has experience with body hair, and his FUE/FIT results are excellent as well. You can see more of his work here:

A Few of Mwamba’s Result Links:
900 FIT Result
1000 FIT Result with shaven donor pics
2000 FIT Result
2579 FIT Result
3509 FIT Result
Scar Grafting with BHT
Class 7 Restoration
Donor Healing

These patients have some similarities to your loss:

3509 grafts to the front and crown

1700 grafts to the front and 300 grafts to the crown

The 900 grafts to the hairline makes a big difference, but his hair has more curl than yours

2579 grafts to the front. He has hair characteristics like yours - straight and a bit fine.

I think it is good that you are thinking ahead to your future loss and gathering advice from several sources. You are on the right track.