HOw is this supposed to work

With the Acell powders etc, and the HT docs

with strip they are supposed to cut the strip out, then leave a gaping wound and put acell powder in there hoping hair will grow?

exactly how does this work

put the acell formula on the scar area and hope it doesnt show a scar?

explain the proposed procedure

» With the Acell powders etc, and the HT docs
»
» with strip they are supposed to cut the strip out, then leave a gaping
» wound and put acell powder in there hoping hair will grow?
»
» exactly how does this work
»
» put the acell formula on the scar area and hope it doesnt show a scar?
»
» explain the proposed procedure

there is no proposed procedure atm. I guess they will try it on a small wound (yes leaving it open and chucking the powder in) and then we may see how effective it really is. It may end up as you said. If it works on a small wound, they will try bigger ones, and sooner or later someone will try pretty huge one.

» » With the Acell powders etc, and the HT docs
» »
» » with strip they are supposed to cut the strip out, then leave a gaping
» » wound and put acell powder in there hoping hair will grow?
» »
» » exactly how does this work
» »
» » put the acell formula on the scar area and hope it doesnt show a scar?
» »
» » explain the proposed procedure
»
» there is no proposed procedure atm. I guess they will try it on a small
» wound (yes leaving it open and chucking the powder in) …

and then … do you think they know the magic words that have to be pronounced ?
:smiley:

well I do expect it to work at least to some extent. I dont think though that it will cause hair industry to disappear, nor this site to close.

2 years from now on, most of us will be still bald.

» well I do expect it to work at least to some extent. I dont think though
» that it will cause hair industry to disapear, nor this site to close.
»
» 2 years from now on, most of us will be still bald.

have you ever seen a strip procedure, ? the reason they stich together
the edges is because if they did not…basically you have what left? the skull?

how are they going to leave this wound open and expect there to be skin there? after sprinkling powder? what about infection? the whole thing, if you think about it, is borderline preposterous…I would really need to see what exactly they intend to do, before passing further judgement but, it seems implausible

it sounds like science fiction but they all claim it works. It regrows organs, tissue, skin and hair, bones, anything. At least in animals.

In humans they have some experience as well. and so far it worked afaik quite well. Regrows bladder, regrows heart walls, regrows finger tip, anything you chuck it onto.

» it sounds like science fiction but they all claim it works. It regrows
» organs, tissue, skin and hair, bones, anything.

we shall see

would u let them leave a gaping wound on your scalp and sprinkle powder on it?

i would pass on that one…again i am surprised they would be allowed to use it on humans unless it had been tested before. this whole thing is odd

no I would not. and thats why I expect them to start with small test areas to see what happens. But if it works, then they surely will go bigger.

» » it sounds like science fiction but they all claim it works. It regrows
» » organs, tissue, skin and hair, bones, anything.
»
» we shall see
»
» would u let them leave a gaping wound on your scalp and sprinkle powder on
» it?
»
» i would pass on that one…again i am
» surprised they would be allowed to use it on humans unless it had been
» tested before. this whole thing is odd

afaik it has been tested on humans extensively already. The company had the thing ready for approval long time ago, there was some law issue or law suit with some other company that hold it back for quite a few years.

» » well I do expect it to work at least to some extent. I dont think though
» » that it will cause hair industry to disapear, nor this site to close.
» »
» » 2 years from now on, most of us will be still bald.
»
» have you ever seen a strip procedure, ? the reason they stich together
» the edges is because if they did not…basically you have what
» left? the skull?
»
» how are they going to leave this wound open and expect there to be skin
» there? after sprinkling powder? what about infection? the whole thing, if
» you think about it, is borderline preposterous…I would really
» need to see what exactly they intend to do, before passing further
» judgement but, it seems implausible

The wound created by the doctor wouldn’t go down to the skull. I think there is tissue between the skin and skull, but it probably wouldn’t need to go all the way through the bottom layer of skin anyway. Remember, there are (I think) 7 layers of skin.

» It regrows
» organs, tissue, skin and hair, bones, anything. At least in animals.
»
» In humans they have some experience as well. and so far it worked afaik
» quite well. Regrows bladder, regrows heart walls, regrows finger tip,
» anything you chuck it onto.

Debris, I usually like your posts, don’t you mind if I tell you that this last one is a bit exaggerated ?

» 2 years from now on, most of us will be still bald.

I’m NW2, I think, with a damaged hairline and my temples need to be refilled, propecia has been very good to me, it stopped my hairloss or slowed it down very much, toppik/nanogen is very useful too, with it my hair loss is not very noticeable, but yes I want my old hairline and my old density on the temples, my opinion is that the options are ( in this order ) :

1 ) HM ( yes, I know the Gho/intercytex/etc thing has been dissapointed by the moment )
2 ) Follica
3 ) unknown

Some topicals ( minoxidil, etc ) may be useful, but I don’t know if it does worth the trouble , maybe I will try minoxidil for some months, retinoic acid too

This is why, in my view, ACell is a no go for strip surgeries, even it somehow manages to work. How can I leave a big gaping wound in the back of my head for weeks? That’s not feasible for me nor most people.

Now, if it somehow could regenerate the hair from an FUE, that would be a different story. This is where the testing should start IMO.

How is what Debris said exaggerated? It has been PROVEN to do all the things that Debris mentioned on animals.

It has grown a piece of a human finger, it is growing another that I know of.
The US government is testing it for burned soldiers and missing limbs.

I also know of a product (may actually be Acell, if not a similar product) that has shown to help repair a human oesophagus, trachea and Bladder.
It has also shown to remove stretch marks in human skin after a chemical peel. So we know it has some skin regeneration potential maybe it can only really help on the upper skin layers?

Acell was initially taken to court 7 years ago by another company claiming it infringed on their patent, Acell lost the court case but it was recently overturned and thus Acell now being able to commercially released.

Acell and very similar products have been tested quite extensively on humans albeit not yet for hair loss, which as I’m sure you know some HT Dr’s are starting to do.

If Acell can help repair a Bladder, which like a human hair is an organ.
why shouldn’t it be able to repair a hair follicle?

I’m not cheer leading Acell, I believe it has a good chance of regrowing hair after a transplant (fue or strip) if not at least a vastly improved scar (if it can’t at least do that than how can it do anything else at all?).

I do agree that it wont be feasible to have an open wound on the back of your head, but thats unlikely, the way I see it the wound would be cleaned, filled with Acell and heavily bandaged, just as they are on the animal cases. In theory the wound should heal much faster with Acell, average animal case is about 5 weeks if I recall correctly, I know I’d endure a bandaged head for a month or so.

I don’t believe it could do much after abrasion as it helps to regenerate damaged tissue so you may have to wound pretty deep. (however I speculate that the MPB follicles may be damaged enough themselves, who knows?).

As it stands at the moment Acell has a decent chance at helping mpb one way or the other, if not actually regrowing hair.
The only way we are going to find out is to try.

On another note, just because something doesn’t have FDA slapped all over it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been tested for safety, and from my research so far Acell has shown a very minimal safety risk and has been/being tested on thousands of human cases. Also it is FDA cleared for release anyway.

» How is what Debris said exaggerated? e anyway.

" Regrows bladder, regrows heart walls, regrows finger tip, anything you chuck it onto "

» » How is what Debris said exaggerated? e anyway.
»
» " Regrows bladder, regrows heart walls, regrows finger tip, anything
» you chuck it onto
"

It isn’t expected to regenerate nail beds, for example, see this :

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=157005&st=780&start=780

" … We have no expectations that the current ECM
technology can regenerate joints (knuckles) or nail beds. We have no
relevant experience on the treatment of scar using ECM.
Dr. Badylak is investigating other applications of ECM, but the most
advanced research that I am aware of on the mitigation of scar is
being done by Intercytex in England; see http://www.intercytex.com/
and look at their Valveta video. "

»
» you chuck it onto
"

OK maybe saying it can regrow “anything” is a bit of an exaggeration, how ever extra cellular matrix’s such as Acell’s product have been shown to be affective on some human organs so far, and the human hair follicle and skin are after all an organs aswell.

I think at the very least it will provide amazingly reduced scars after HT, the possibility for regrowth is a bit hard for me to digest even after studying th animal cases (even though they regrow huge chunks of flesh from bone deep injuries with virtually undetectable scars and thick hair/fur regrowth) I can’t deny that it is possible, I believed if you gave a fue procedure to an animal it would work perfectly (to an extent some of the animal cases are like extreme exaggerated fue wounds), we just need to see if it can translate to humans in the same way.
I think that after abrasion it has a chance of regrowing fresh skin and not much else though, although I still believe it needs to be tried just in case.

Also I read a while ago about an extra cellular matrix like Acell’s that has been shown to improve bone growth after breakages/fractures helping to fuse the bone back together better.

I think that the message on the acne site somewhat contradicts what I and others have been told from Acell. At least it confirms that Acell has been tested on 1,500,000 people so far.

“The powdered form use in the fingertip regeneration is strictly
experimental and has only been used on two patients.”

I was under the impression that the powder form of Acell ECM that was used to regenerate the finger tip is the product that Acell just released? I was told it differs slightly from the animal grade product as well.

Anyway what that quote says that Acell can’t regenerate joints is irrelevant, especially for our purposes.
It is already accepted by most that ECM’s can’t currently regenerate whole limbs with joints (if they ever will be able to) but they have been shown to repair organ damage to an extent, which is the most important part.
ECM’s function by basically helping your body to repair instead of scar.
To be honest I wouldn’t expect it to be able to regrow a nail bed either because of the way it works.
I don’t know though, I’m not claiming I know everything about this type of thing, probably not even as much as some here, I’m just trying to relay my interpretation of what I’ve learned/ been told so far from various different sites and doesn’t strictly involve Acell but also other ECM companies/technologies that most I’ve never heard of.

At least Acell seem to think there is a chance that it can help.

» » It regrows
» » organs, tissue, skin and hair, bones, anything. At least in animals.
» »
» » In humans they have some experience as well. and so far it worked afaik
» » quite well. Regrows bladder, regrows heart walls, regrows finger tip,
» » anything you chuck it onto.
»
» Debris, I usually like your posts, don’t you mind if I tell you that this
» last one is a bit exaggerated ?

No I dont mind. It was a bit exagerrated maybe. This is all I’ve seen / heard in news about it. News are exagerrated.

»
» you chuck it onto
"

All this is from one video where the doc shows all of this. They also were talking that now they were going to use it to grow someones esophagus back after a cancer surgery. He was showing a scaffold he is going to put into the patient and said Yes we fully expect that this will grow into fully functionable esophagus.

So although I’m not too optimistic this would be the only and ultimate cure, I am quite positive that even if you subtract the usual amount of exagerration from the news, we could end up with something quite useful