How come Dr. Umar is bald?

Isn’t it kind of strange? :slight_smile:

Its like Dr. Bernstein (another hair transplant doctor) who is norwood 6 yet is a hair transplant doctor. The irony is just inescapable.

The good thing about being a bald and black is that many black guys even with hair prefer to shave their heads. Also even if he is a norwood 6, you would not know it as its impossible to locate the horse shoe against the skin color. The horse shoe however shows up a mile away on white guys.

Conclusion : Black guys don’t need hair transplants !

» Conclusion : Black guys don’t need hair transplants !

i can spot a horeshoe or dramatically receeded hairline on any complexion. as can most people. even if you keep your hair short that fu#@! up hairline stands out like a sore thumb.

» » Conclusion : Black guys don’t need hair transplants !
»
» i can spot a horeshoe or dramatically receeded hairline on any complexion.
» as can most people. even if you keep your hair short that fu#@! up hairline
» stands out like a sore thumb.

but if its shaved with a razor against jet black skin like Dr. Umar, its impossible to tell.

that is stealth baldness where the signal disappears into the noise.

I agree with you regarding black guys although those cork screw characteristics should make the transplant look even better if it is possible to get the curly route out during an FUE. Having said this it was common knowledge some years back that Umar had had a transplant and worked for / trained with Dr. A in 2003. They fell out some time ago.

“How come Dr. Umar is bald?”
MPB of course. ; D

His personal HT journey is an interesting one.

My understanding is that it was his own “botched” strip surgery years ago that lead him into the HT field and away from general surgery. He’s an accomplished surgeon in addition to a dermatologist.

IMO, it’s his personal HT experience that makes him so understanding of repair patients’ needs and state of mind.

:smiley:

Wow I did not even know that sofar…

I met Dr. Umar in person at the Canadian Montreal conference… I just thought he did a razor shave… I did not detect the “horse shoe” look although shaved to the bone.

Anyway… my 2 cents…

» » » Conclusion : Black guys don’t need hair transplants !
» »
» » i can spot a horeshoe or dramatically receeded hairline on any
» complexion.
» » as can most people. even if you keep your hair short that fu#@! up
» hairline
» » stands out like a sore thumb.
»
» but if its shaved with a razor against jet black skin like Dr. Umar, its
» impossible to tell.
»
» that is stealth baldness where the signal disappears into the noise.

ah okay you’re talking about jet black skin, then i agree, however you do realize all black people dont have jet black skin though right? lol

lol

» I agree with you regarding black guys although those cork screw
» characteristics should make the transplant look even better if it is
» possible to get the curly route out during an FUE. Having said this it was
» common knowledge some years back that Umar had had a transplant and worked
» for / trained with Dr. A in 2003. They fell out some time ago.

Dr. Umar was trained by Dr. A ?

Wow I did not know that.

Is it true?

yup,i think so …he did visit dr.As clinic couple of years ago is what i know for sure…nd i think he did share dr.arvinds experience in this field!!!