Having myself had so much success with Nettles and Horsetail and Saw Palmetto I want to try some of the other herbs on these websites, Perhaps some of you guys who did not respond to Saw Palmetto would respond well to some of the other herbs
Some of the important herbs for hair loss treatment are:
* Aloe * Arnica * Birch * Burdock * Catmint * Chamomile * Horsetail * Licorice * Marigold * Nettles * Parsley * Rosemary * Sage * Southernwood * Stinging nettle * Brahmi * Jatamamsi * Dashamoola * Bhringaraj * Psoralea seeds * Mulberries * Oyster
Important Herbs for Hair Loss Ayurvedic Herbs Chinese Herbs
Herbs for Baldness and Hair loss
Herbs for Baldness and Hair loss graphic
The average rate of hair growth for a healthy person is 0.30 mm a day; however, slower growth occurs in older people and in people with a serious illness. The hair on your head does no grow in a symmetrical pattern. About 80 percent of your hair follicles are growing at any one time, while the other 20 percent are resting. On average we lose 25-100 hairs each day.
We all lose a certain amount of hair every day, but excessive loss of hair could be a sign of illness. Temporary hair loss can be caused by hormone imbalances, depression, and stress or chemotherapy treatments.
Balding, also known as alopecia, is commonly a hereditary condition that affects some men. There are a series of different patterns in which men may experience hair loss. These include:
* Men often develop a receding hairline above the forehead though the hair in on top of the crown remains. * Some men lose hair on the crown of their head, known as a 'bald spot.' * Some men experience both a bald spot and a receding hair line. * Other men develop general thinning all over the head, which may lead to complete baldness over time.
Herbs for Hair Loss
Herbal remedies can benefit hair loss in a number of ways:
* By stimulating the circulation * By stimulating hair growth * By disinfecting the scalp
Horsetail is a good source of silica. Silica keeps your hair strong and shiny looking.
Studies show that loss of hair in both women and men is connected to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels. Though there have currently been any studies conducted on the effects of nettle on hair loss, some research points to the fact that nettle root.
Dong Quai contains substances known as phytoestrogens. Studies have shown that these substances can stabilize and sometimes even reverse the effects of genetic hair loss.
Saw palmetto has also been linked to the reduction of DHT around the root and follicle of the hair.
Pygeum bark is derived from an African evergreen it inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase- which reduces DHT-, and is used widely throughout Europe to treat male pattern baldness.
You can apply herbal tinctures such as nettle, horsetail, rosemary and birch directly to your scalp because they are mild and will not harm your skin. Massaging these herbs regularly into your hair will not only prevent dandruff, they will also help you to keep your hair clean, prevent scalp irritation and stimulate healthy hair growth.
Clinical studies have also suggested that your diet plays a significant role in hair loss. Consuming a lot of junk food and not getting the required daily amount of vitamins and minerals may stunt the growth of your hair, leave your hair in a dry and brittle condition and could even lead to hair thinning.