Hooray for hair, ~4600 SFET / FUE grafts, 2 yrs later

Hoorayforhair has had ~4600 grafts in two surgeries. All was nape and head donor derived.

We received photo updates from Hoorayforhair 3 weeks ago. These are presented alongside some before pictures:

For videos of SFET results click: Patient Photos and Videos - DermHair Clinic in Los Angeles 310-318-1500

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

He looks very good. It must feel good to have your hairline back.

who said hair s not important, he looks like a totally different person.

» who said hair s not important, he looks like a totally different person.

Nobody said it is not important, it’s just kind of difficult to estimate how many grafts I need and unsure who to believe. There are a lot of good pictures in the forum, the only problem is consistency in no. of grafts, sometimes 2000 grafts look fantastic on someone but look so-so on another poster even if they have more or less the same norwood pattern.

»Leo. Hair shaft diameter is just as important. Sure you need numbers but many people overlook it in my opinion on these forums. HT looks good here congradualtions to Horayforhair.

if i remember corect hooray for hair claimed that he had received only 3000 grafts!!! anyway the final result is fantastic.

You stated: “if i remember corect hooray for hair claimed that he had received only 3000 grafts!!!”

That is because he had 2 surgeries, as stated in the opening statement. The first is a 3000 graft surgery done 2 yrs ago. The second surgery is ~1600 grafts done 1 yr ago.

On another note, in another post you state you are my patient. All my patients have a follow-up regimen that should be adhered to. If you have not followed up with pictures and updates, kindly do so as soon as feasible.

For videos of SFET results click: Patient Photos and Videos - DermHair Clinic in Los Angeles 310-318-1500

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body

For a free online consultation: Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

Those pix look like a great transformation. Does hooray for hair still post on here? I’m not going to Austrailia anytime soon, but would like to ask him, about undetectability. does it look “fishy” in anyway or does it look 100% real, no questions asked perfect normal hair in every way.
thanks

A big difference for him, Dr. Umar roughly how many grafts (scalp donor) do you think he has available if one day he needs a touch up?

» A big difference for him, Dr. Umar roughly how many grafts (scalp donor) do
» you think he has available if one day he needs a touch up?

Good question.

In the instance of HFH, there is abscence of non head hair (genetic). Based on this limitation, the present hairline is the most aggressive recommended for him. ALl future hairloss would be catered to using head and donor hair. He has at least 3500-4000 of these grafts in reserve. Given his age, I estimate this to be enough for future needs if any.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body

» » A big difference for him, Dr. Umar roughly how many grafts (scalp donor)
» do
» » you think he has available if one day he needs a touch up?
»
» Good question.
»
» In the instance of HFH, there is abscence of non head hair (genetic).
» Based on this limitation, the present hairline is the most aggressive
» recommended for him. ALl future hairloss would be catered to using head and
» donor hair. He has at least 3500-4000 of these grafts in reserve. Given his
» age, I estimate this to be enough for future needs if any.
»
»
»
» For videos of SFET results click:
» Patient Photos and Videos - DermHair Clinic in Los Angeles 310-318-1500
»
»
» S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
» DermHair Clinic
» Redondo Beach, California
» +1-310-318-1500
» 1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
» info@dermhairclinic.com
» WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
» Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
» Using Head and Body
»
» For a free online consultation:
» Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles

What if this guy goes to a NW7. the most recent transplant you gave him
in retrospect, looking back if he were to go to that severe level of thinning, would be viewed as way too aggressive, and used way too many of his available grafts for far too small an area.

If someone were a NW7 would you transplant over 4000 grafts into the area you just transplanted on this guy? I think it would be considered foolish, since the rest of the scalp would be severely thin, in comparison,

\what if the sides from the part line down, and from the crown back, were as severe as most NW7, the frontal hairline you just planted would look ridiculous at that point

dont you think if guys were for whatever reason, to recede to this point, of severe hair loss, after having received such a thick frontal top , that they would be basically out of luck at that point> and not be able to fix their hair with the remaining grafts"?

\ hen what?

A lot of what ifs, Hangin.

» A lot of what ifs, Hangin.

the main what if is
what if this guy goes to a NW7 then what?

he used up 4000 grafts on about 30 percent of the front top, he is basically screwed if that happens since the previous transplant is way too thick to evenly disperse his available grafts over the bald area

its like you have 50 grande in the bank to last you 10 yrs and you use up 20 grande in one month

not too smart

» » A lot of what ifs, Hangin.
»
» the main what if is
» what if this guy goes to a NW7 then what?
»
» he used up 4000 grafts on about 30 percent of the front top, he is
» basically screwed if that happens since the previous transplant is way too
» thick to evenly disperse his available grafts over the bald area
»
» its like you have 50 grande in the bank to last you 10 yrs and you use up
» 20 grande in one month
»
» not too smart

I would love to hear an answer from a doctor about this possibility of severe loss in future, and what can be done about it

hopefully the answer will not include …he can use body hair/…/ body hair seems to be very expensive and unpredictable at this point

“What if this guy goes to a NW7” ?

This is a good question that any patient and transplant doctor are advised to heed during at the planing stages.

1. Given his age, this is highly improbable

2. of the 4600 atleast 2000 came from non traditional donor areas (nape, around the ears temples). About 2600 grafts from the traditional head donor is not too much to use in restoring and reinforcing the entire hairline and frontal scalp and aspects of the midscalp.

3. His hairline is less than a NW2+ that has been designed to look more aggressive than it actually is. It is a cautiously placed hairline. The second surgery did not advance the hairline from the 1st. By comparison, the motorcycle rider in the following video has an aggressive hairline. HFH does not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaciCGrSW-g&feature=channel

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
+1-310-318-1500
info@dermhairclinic.com
Using Head and Body

» » » A lot of what ifs, Hangin.
» »
» » the main what if is
» » what if this guy goes to a NW7 then what?
» »
» » he used up 4000 grafts on about 30 percent of the front top, he is
» » basically screwed if that happens since the previous transplant is way
» too
» » thick to evenly disperse his available grafts over the bald area
» »
» » its like you have 50 grande in the bank to last you 10 yrs and you use
» up
» » 20 grande in one month
» »
» » not too smart
»
» I would love to hear an answer from a doctor about this possibility of
» severe loss in future, and what can be done about it
»
» hopefully the answer will not include …he can use body hair/…/ body
» hair seems to be very expensive and unpredictable at this point

you always say: “what if he goes to nw7” , to all pictures. :smiley:

Dr. Umar, do you recommend for new patients to incorporate head, body and beard hair from the very beginning even if the patient seems to have enough head donor at the time of the procedure. Beard & body hair can add so much more density without wasting precious head donor.

Hello Dr and thanks for the reply
I think my next question would be, how do you determine the risk for future thinning? \

I guess it would be a combination of patients age, family history, and the length of time he has been losing his hair?

I know you cant just go by patient age. Look at Letterman, He is in my opinion a NW 4 to 5 but he has lost most of this after the age of 50, since he is now 62

Family history is the big part of it.

hairline looks like an obvious hair transplant to me! sorry being honest

» Hoorayforhair has had ~4600 grafts in two surgeries. All was nape and head
» donor derived.
»
» We received photo updates from Hoorayforhair 3 weeks ago. These are
» presented alongside some before pictures:
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» For videos of SFET results click:
» Patient Photos and Videos - DermHair Clinic in Los Angeles 310-318-1500
»
»
» S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
» DermHair Clinic
» Redondo Beach, California
» +1-310-318-1500
» 1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
» info@dermhairclinic.com
» WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
» Single Follicle Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
» Using Head and Body
»
» For a free online consultation:
» Free Hair Restoration Online Consultation - DermHair Clinic Los Angeles