Hi Everyone

I am a 34 year old balding,scarred,humiliated loser who has never had a girlfriend & still lives with his mother.I started balding at the age of 15-16 & as a result I was humiliated throughout my high school years.This daily ritual of humiliation & fighting severely restricted my social & professional growth.

At the age of 18 I had my first strip procedure.The procedure was a small session & there really wasn’t any improvement in my appearance.Girls still wouldn’t date me and guys would continually mock me.I was so desperate that I had a larger strip procedure but the yield was very poor.Out of further desperation I foolishly had an even larger 3rd procedure & that was a complete disaster.I have been hiding under a baseball cap since my early 20’s,trying to fool myself that if I am never seen without a cap people won’t know that I am bald & scarred.I have no friends & no social life.All I have is regret & a 60 year old mother who has aged so much because of me.I have ruined her health & life.(This is unforgiveable & it’s just that I suffer)

Going to the gym is all I really have,it’s the only thing that makes me happy.I am well built & this does allot for my ever shrinking self confidence.Today whilst at the gym,my hat fell off in front of a whole bunch of people & once again I was utterly humiliated.I don’t even know how I will go back to that gym again.There are no other gyms in my area so I have the choice of going back & being humiliated or sitting at home feeling miserable. So many people saw me in the gym without my hat,I felt so vulnerable,so embarrassed & ashamed.I have been mercilessly mocked my entire bald life yet I still haven’t gotten used to it.
I am really at my wits end.I suffer from depression & I
really want to commit suicide but don’t want to hurt my poor mother anymore.
As messed up as this sounds,I sometimes hope that something will happen to her so i can end my own life.

Heart disease is hereditary in my family & I sometimes get chest pains & am often short of breath.I don’t know if i have a blocked artery or if it’s just anxiety but I am not going to the doctor for a check up because I would love to have a heart attack & die.If I die from natural causes my mum will still be destroyed but at least she will be spared from more embarrassment.

I was so certain that ICX was going to give me my life back only to be heart broken when they failed.Their idea was based on cutting edge science so I was positive I would have an entire head of hair in no time.I really got my hopes up only to be devastated.

I know the new messages here about Follica & Acell are no guarantee that I will one day get my life back but I just want to thank you guys for going out of your way to try & find a cure or find news that can give us some hope.The TV rarely reports on these sorts of things so I really appreciate you guys bombarding this board with info.I have become such a pessimistic person that I really don’t think that these things will work but I do appreciate your efforts. Please keep the information coming as it’s all I have.

I am sorry for the rant but It’s just my way of apologising in advance for the times I may leave negative or pessimistic messages here about Acell/Follica.

Thanks again
Humiliated

I felt sorry for you until you mentioned that you hoped something would happen to your own Mother, who still lets you live in her home at no less than 34 years old. That’s disgusting. Stop wallowing in self pity, you’ve been doing it for long enough by the sounds of it.

You’re bald and scarred, but that doesn’t mean you cant still function, people will joke about just about any physical attribute that they don’t see as normal. You took the decision to have three strip procedures, now stand by your decision and face up to it. The minute you don’t hide under a cap and seem to bothered that people might take a second look at your head is when they might just start to get to know you properly.

Your signature isn’t profound by the way, it just sounds stupid.

Man, I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Although I never had a transplant, I have a deep desire to see all strip clinics bankrupted. I’m sick of reading stories of guys being betrayed by greedy “doctors”.

I had a good feeling about Intercytex as well, but their close allegiance to bosley had me worried (before we caught wind of their incompetent management). We do have some good news floating around the forums these days. Biotechs are taking hairloss research in a different direction, and products like Acell show good promise in greatly reducing strip scars.

Dr Jones is working with Acell on strip repair; you should contact him (drjones AT hair-doctor DOT ca). Dr Umar is a damn magician with scar repair using body hair; he’s worth contacting as well (he’s fixed people with more than 3 strip scars… we’re talking scalp reductions, punch grafts, and stretch marks).

You’re not alone, and you have options. If the scars are taking a huge toll on you than contact Dr Jones, or Umar. If people laugh at your scars tell them you got them wrestling Polar Bears in Siberia. Whatever you do, don’t drag yourself down, and don’t drag your mother into this.

» I felt sorry for you until you mentioned that you hoped something would
» happen to your own Mother, who still lets you live in her home at no less
» than 34 years old. That’s disgusting.

learn to read, where did he say he wanted something to happen to his own mom? he said he hopes he could just have a heart attack and die…and even though he knows his mom would be devastated by this, at least she would not have to suffer embarrassment

this is a cry for help and certainly not a wish that something bad happens to his mom

Stop wallowing in self pity, you’ve
» been doing it for long enough by the sounds of it.
»
» You’re bald and scarred, but that doesn’t mean you cant still function,
» people will joke about just about any physical attribute that they don’t
» see as normal. You took the decision to have three strip procedures, now
» stand by your decision and face up to it. The minute you don’t hide under
» a cap and seem to bothered that people might take a second look at your
» head is when they might just start to get to know you properly.
»
» Your signature isn’t profound by the way, it just sounds stupid.

» » I felt sorry for you until you mentioned that you hoped something would
» » happen to your own Mother, who still lets you live in her home at no
» less
» » than 34 years old. That’s disgusting.
»
» learn to read, where did he say he wanted something to happen to his own
» mom? he said he hopes he could just have a heart attack and die…and
» even though he knows his mom would be devastated by this, at least she
» would not have to suffer embarrassment
»
» this is a cry for help and certainly not a wish that something bad happens
» to his mom

That is just plain selfish. Imagine what his mom would feel like losing her son. If he wants to give up on life, so be it, but at least live for his mother!

» learn to read, where did he say he wanted something to happen to his own
» mom?

Um, interesting that you should try query my reading comprehension, how about here?

» As messed up as this sounds,I sometimes hope that something will happen to
» her so i can end my own life.

I know what you are saying Humiliated…dont get upset if anybody pounces on you on this forum…it seems to be a pretty regulay occurance…its happened to me before too…doenst mean ANYTHING

I feel for you about the gym thing…and know what you mean about that being the only good thing you have…dont quit going there because of your hat falling off…hard to believe, but this hairloss is a bigger deal to us than others who arent losing their hair…they honestly probably didnt think anything about it…but Im not trying to preach to you either…my hairloss controls alot of what I do too :frowning: … there are alot of things on the horizon we have to look forward to…when you get down try to remember that;-)

Hey there.

You say you are well build but still being humiliated? Why dont you just kick everyones ass?

Anyway, lifes tough and ugly and merciless. There are no exceptions no miracles to come. Yet still I think you can be saved. You can save yourself.

Heres how. First realize your situation. Its not good, and wont be better unless something got changed. This is true isnt it?

You have 3 options.

Besides the obvious suicide you mentioned (which is not a good option imho), you have only 2 other options. You either change your life, or you wont and it will stay the same.

So really which is your option of choice? Change or stay?

Read the three options again and again and again, every day of week from now on every time you get depressed.

In the end, you will either end up dead, or you will start to change. I will now assume you will at least try changing at some point. Its ok if it takes time. I was evaluating the 3 options for good 6 months. Every time I decided to change, depression took me back to point 0 and persuaded me I cant do it. Longer this will take to you longer your misery. So I advise you to try really hard. The depressed guy who says you cant do it holds you back. Tell it to go to hell. Tell it to shut up and die. It needs to if you want to make progress.

Are you anxious often? If so, then you probably have fully developed bad thought patterns. Trust me on this, your brain is learning emotions. Every time you feel you cant, it wires it down into the brain, so the result is, that you really cant and feel down. Every time you say yourself that the scars are ugly, they become uglier. Stop saying this to yourself, its necessary if you want to change. Think about if as mastering kung fu. Its pretty hard but its possible to be completely quiet. Basically your goal is no words no inner voice no thoughts made of sentences or words in your head. No thoughts will bring no emotions. This will give you strength. You will be able to stand up and do things. You will be able to say FU*K THE WORLD IM HERE AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT.

So the path to this state is to realize that this part of you that holds you back is your worst enemy. Tell it to shut up and die. Keep doing it till it does. You need to automate this. Every time you start feeling down and telling yourself that the only way you can be happy is if ICX or some other company gives you full head of hair, and that your situation is beyond any other possible repair, TELL THE FU*KER TO SHUT UP AND DIE. NO INNTER TALK.

Do you know why ppl humiliate you? They are like animals. They see a guy whose well build but still, they feel you are weak. you are weak because of the FU*CKER that keeps telling you the negative things, because of your inner voice.

You can change, you can be happy, and you can look ok and not be humiliated. You dont need anyone but yourself to be able to do that.

Here’s how. Once the FU*KER stops holding you back, you will be able to think rationally, and whats more important you will be able to act! You will be able to evaluate your situation and pick best path to overcome it. You will stop feeling ashamed of yourself. And honestly, everyone with brain would agree that there is no reason why you should feel that way. Yet another proof that your thinking may deserve hard re-learning drill.

Really what can you do to improve your situation? How about ht to fix the back of your hair? Horseshoe is better then scarred. How about hairpiece then? I mean hollywood stars wear hairpieces. Rock stars do. Why the hell could not you? And who cares about scars anyway. You can beat anyone anyway.

If you do all this and if you succeed you have only things to gain. You will be more rich more happy more successful in life. And if some day doctors will be able to give you hair back you will more likely be able to afford it. And if they wont you wont care because you will be able to gain respect & personal life even without the miracle cure.

» » learn to read, where did he say he wanted something to happen to his own
» » mom?
»
»
» Um, interesting that you should try query my reading comprehension, how
» about here?
»
» » As messed up as this sounds,I sometimes hope that something will happen
» to
» » her so i can end my own life.

didnt see that

i stand corrected

that is fuccked up

I hate to sound so cruel but DEAL WITH IT LIKE A MAN LIKE WE ALL DO! There is nothing that prevents you from functioning like a normal human being other than your own psychology. If you don’t want to do it for yourself, then do it for your mother!

» I am a 34 year old balding,scarred,humiliated loser who has never had a
» girlfriend & still lives with his mother.I started balding at the age of
» 15-16 & as a result I was humiliated throughout my high school years.This
» daily ritual of humiliation & fighting severely restricted my social &
» professional growth.
»
» At the age of 18 I had my first strip procedure.The procedure was a small
» session & there really wasn’t any improvement in my appearance.Girls still
» wouldn’t date me and guys would continually mock me.I was so desperate that
» I had a larger strip procedure but the yield was very poor.Out of further
» desperation I foolishly had an even larger 3rd procedure & that was a
» complete disaster.I have been hiding under a baseball cap since my early
» 20’s,trying to fool myself that if I am never seen without a cap people
» won’t know that I am bald & scarred.I have no friends & no social life.All
» I have is regret & a 60 year old mother who has aged so much because of
» me.I have ruined her health & life.(This is unforgiveable & it’s just that
» I suffer)
»
» Going to the gym is all I really have,it’s the only thing that makes me
» happy.I am well built & this does allot for my ever shrinking self
» confidence.Today whilst at the gym,my hat fell off in front of a whole
» bunch of people & once again I was utterly humiliated.I don’t even know how
» I will go back to that gym again.There are no other gyms in my area so I
» have the choice of going back & being humiliated or sitting at home feeling
» miserable. So many people saw me in the gym without my hat,I felt so
» vulnerable,so embarrassed & ashamed.I have been mercilessly mocked my
» entire bald life yet I still haven’t gotten used to it.
» I am really at my wits end.I suffer from depression & I
» really want to commit suicide but don’t want to hurt my poor mother
» anymore.
»
» Heart disease is hereditary in my family & I sometimes get chest pains &
» am often short of breath.I don’t know if i have a blocked artery or if it’s
» just anxiety but I am not going to the doctor for a check up because I
» would love to have a heart attack & die.If I die from natural causes my mum
» will still be destroyed but at least she will be spared from more
» embarrassment.
»
» I was so certain that ICX was going to give me my life back only to be
» heart broken when they failed.Their idea was based on cutting edge science
» so I was positive I would have an entire head of hair in no time.I really
» got my hopes up only to be devastated.
»
»
» I know the new messages here about Follica & Acell are no guarantee that I
» will one day get my life back but I just want to thank you guys for going
» out of your way to try & find a cure or find news that can give us some
» hope.The TV rarely reports on these sorts of things so I really appreciate
» you guys bombarding this board with info.I have become such a pessimistic
» person that I really don’t think that these things will work but I do
» appreciate your efforts. Please keep the information coming as it’s all I
» have.
»
» I am sorry for the rant but It’s just my way of apologising in advance for
» the times I may leave negative or pessimistic messages here about
» Acell/Follica.
»
» Thanks again
» Humiliated

Have you looked at getting your scars repaired? There are a lot of things that can be done today to improve the appearance of scars. Once the scars are fixed, make a new rule for yourself: shave your head and never wear a baseball cap again. I used to wear a cap to hide my receding hairline, but the cap just made me more miserable because i knew I was constantly hiding something. I know that going bald as a teenager was devastating, but look around and you’ll see lots of happy, confident bald men.

I might recommend counseling too.

» professional growth.

I started balding at 16 too, now at 26 I’m NW6. I know how sh!tty severe hairloss is at such an early age. Most of the guys on this board are crying over the fact that they are NW2 or something in their 20s & 30s. F**k that sh!t, people like you, me & Baccy didn’t even get a chance to have a decent college life. I haven’t let it ruin my life yet, but one thing I can say for sure is that if you act confident people will joke about it but at least you’ll have some friends. If you hide yourself the world will move on, and when you’re old you’ll realize you missed everything, let alone enjoy the life.

Take it from me, who is in the same boat as you are (with the exception of strip scars). I genuinely feel that we’re nearing the end of this horrible disease, so be patient but Don’t Stop your life. Go out and socialize even a little bit, you don’t feel comfortable with girls - just hang out with guys for now, but build up your social skills. It will give you a lot of confidence and when you get your hair back you’d be much more confident than most of the guys with heads full of hair.

Cheers!

hey if anyone knows how you feel its me, ive been stuck under a hat for ten yrs, there have been some miraculous transformations, there are a handful of good docs able to repair just about anything, i went to wolf for a partial revision that was a real improvement, and recently went to umar and had beard hair planted in another scar and there has been improvement there as well, i went to the gym today and as usual im the only gork there wearing a hat, but you have to have tunnel vision and just enjoy the benefits that working out gives you, dont give up, there is always hope especially at this time, more so than ever, contact these docs i mentioned, i believe they can help you

» » » I felt sorry for you until you mentioned that you hoped something
» would
» » » happen to your own Mother, who still lets you live in her home at no
» » less
» » » than 34 years old. That’s disgusting.
» »
» » learn to read, where did he say he wanted something to happen to his
» own
» » mom? he said he hopes he could just have a heart attack and
» die…and
» » even though he knows his mom would be devastated by this, at least she
» » would not have to suffer embarrassment
» »
» » this is a cry for help and certainly not a wish that something bad
» happens
» » to his mom
»
»
» That is just plain selfish. Imagine what his mom would feel like losing
» her son. If he wants to give up on life, so be it, but at least live for
» his mother!

That’s depression, not selfishness. When someone has a serious case of depression and is crying out, the appropriate response is to HELP, not call the person selfish. When a person is depressed, it’s not easy for them to control their emotions (and actions).

Should a scientist find the cure for baldness because you’re crying about your looks? We all know there are several other more important problems that these scientists could work on. Why should they care about your balding head? That’s just selfish. :slight_smile:

» hey if anyone knows how you feel its me, ive been stuck under a hat for ten
» yrs, there have been some miraculous transformations, there are a handful
» of good docs able to repair just about anything, i went to wolf for a
» partial revision that was a real improvement, and recently went to umar and
» had beard hair planted in another scar and there has been improvement there
» as well, i went to the gym today and as usual im the only gork there
» wearing a hat, but you have to have tunnel vision and just enjoy the
» benefits that working out gives you, dont give up, there is always hope
» especially at this time, more so than ever, contact these docs i mentioned,
» i believe they can help you

This is a pretty important thread. Honestly hair loss doesn’t seem like that big a deal to people with hair. Come on, most of us should know since most of us had full heads of hair sometime in the past, right?

However, it really does affect the hair loss sufferer. There’s just something about not recognizing yourself in the mirror anymore has a powerful impact on you. I know I made a few changes in my life after I noticed it. Privately I wallowed a lot. Publicly I commented on it a bit and joked about it, at least so it’s out there.

I also realized I can’t get by on my looks. I’ve worked harder to take care of myself. Why are so many heads of finance so bald? Maybe they had an enlightening experience early on. Not trying to make it more than it is, but recognizing my hair loss and admitting there’s not a thing I can do about it has helped me.

I really hope we are close to a cure, because I think I can handle having a full head of hair now, but let’s face it… there are no guarantees, just more hope. Imagine it’s the 50’s and you really believe that vacuum suction machine attached to your scalp will suck nutrients into your follicles. According to the scientific understanding of the masses at that time, it sounded plausible. That’s the hope we have.

A little dream I had a few months ago, I actually asked myself when a treatment to reverse baldness would be here. The answer was, by that time it won’t matter for you. IT’S JUST A DREAM, but if it were a good piece of advice to me, it could mean it won’t happen in my lifetime, I’ll get taken care of some other way (transplant? not likely) or maybe I’ll just get over it.

If you’ve read this far, WOW, thanks.

Guys, its all how you deal with it. I live on South Beach and was outside this very popular club a couple of weeks ago. This guy with a shaved head and about 100 shotgun old style punch graft scars comes up to the door with 3 hot, hot chicks and goes right in…he clearly didn’t let it affect his game whether deep down it bothered him I don’t know…but I will say that most people really couldn’t care less whether you have some scars in the back of your head, its how you deal with it and this guy was proof. BTW, he was also tan and buff and dressed very well.

This guy came here in a morbidly depressed state,he put himself in an incredibly vulnerable position & some of you could not resist kicking him whilst he was down.Shame on you!

jamesJ hit the nail on the head when he said that depression doesn’t make you see things clearly.This guy doesn’t want his mother dead,his mother is all he has left.He is just so desperate to escape his misery that he is looking for any way out.He won’t kill himself while his mother is alive, that proves he loves her.Can you just imagine his pain for him to even suggest that sometimes he hopes that something will happen to her so he can put himself out of his misery? This is a desperate plea for help not a selfish act.

I too am scarred & I go through periods when I am depressed as well.I can totally relate to his heartache.This is probably the only place he can come & feel excepted yet some of you have ruined that for him too.So now where will he turn?

Some of you guys need to learn how to be more sensitive to others.Always remember,if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.

» This guy came here in a morbidly depressed state,he put himself in an
» incredibly vulnerable position & some of you could not resist kicking him
» whilst he was down.Shame on you!
»
» jamesJ hit the nail on the head when he said that depression doesn’t make
» you see things clearly.This guy doesn’t want his mother dead,his mother is
» all he has left.He is just so desperate to escape his misery that he is
» looking for any way out.He won’t kill himself while his mother is alive,
» that proves he loves her.Can you just imagine his pain for him to even
» suggest that sometimes he hopes that something will happen to her so he can
» put himself out of his misery? This is a desperate plea for help not a
» selfish act.
»
» I too am scarred & I go through periods when I am depressed as well.I can
» totally relate to his heartache.This is probably the only place he can come
» & feel excepted yet some of you have ruined that for him too.So now where
» will he turn?
»
» Some of you guys need to learn how to be more sensitive to others.Always
» remember,if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.

So true, in our quest for research we often forget that hairsite is also a support forum for folks feeling down and depressed. I’m not saying we need to take the role of a psychologist, but we can extend a little empathy from time to time.

I dont know the extent of the scarring, but you can purchase a conservative wig in the meantime and shave your head. A spray-on tanning solution might be able to even out the tone of color on the head in the meantime if you elect to go bare.

One can FUE in beard or chest hair into the scars to make them a bit more presentable. If you go the wig route—I’d be upfront with folks about why you are wearing the wig. Explain the you got a hair transplant in your youth that failed badly and led to some scarring up there, and you think the wig looks better. Wigs, if they are conservative, can look pretty good. The ones that look ridiculous are the big mullet wigs where a guy goes for too much hair.

I feel for all these men who got surgery back in the late eighties/early mid-nineties when many of the surgeries were plain lousy. I hope you are putting in plenty of hours at your job and saving your money so hopefully if and when a real solution comes down the pike you’ll be ready for it and can start in high gear thereafter. I really do think Follica holds promise personally. I think that =someday= a solution from the cellular injections like ICX or Aderans will be possible when they have an extracellular matrix for the cells to grow into proto hairs or even fully differentiated hairs before re-implantation into the scalp. ACELL, even if it fails to grow hair, might be able to lessen the scars appearance down to nada.

If you can picture yourself under a conservative wig (not outlandish) out there and being upfront about wearing it to everyone and why…you can go “out there” professionally and get a high paying job so at least financially you well be doing well.

When I read stuff like this, it makes me so mad at some of the doctors who attempt to denigrate any progress in hair multiplication and assert that what we have now (finas, minox, ketoconazole, strip scar transplants) are “all a man needs”. That is just not so. Some men have small hippocratic wreaths and a aggressive tendency to bald. I really do wish it was against the law for a man under 25 to get a transplant-----and 30 would be better still.

I hope things work out for you. Be good to your mother and make her life as good as you can. You do have one parent who obviously loves you----and that is something not everyone in this world can say.

» professional growth.
»
» At the age of 18 I had my first strip procedure.The procedure was a small
» session & there really wasn’t any improvement in my appearance.Girls still
» wouldn’t date me and guys would continually mock me.I was so desperate that
» I had a larger strip procedure but the yield was very poor.Out of further
» desperation I foolishly had an even larger 3rd procedure & that was a
» complete disaster.I have been hiding under a baseball cap since my early
» 20’s,trying to fool myself that if I am never seen without a cap people
» won’t know that I am bald & scarred.I have no friends & no social life.All
» I have is regret & a 60 year old mother who has aged so much because of
» me.I have ruined her health & life.(This is unforgiveable & it’s just that
» I suffer)
»
» Going to the gym is all I really have,it’s the only thing that makes me
» happy.I am well built & this does allot for my ever shrinking self
» confidence.Today whilst at the gym,my hat fell off in front of a whole
» bunch of people & once again I was utterly humiliated.I don’t even know how
» I will go back to that gym again.There are no other gyms in my area so I
» have the choice of going back & being humiliated or sitting at home feeling
» miserable. So many people saw me in the gym without my hat,I felt so
» vulnerable,so embarrassed & ashamed.I have been mercilessly mocked my
» entire bald life yet I still haven’t gotten used to it.
» I am really at my wits end.I suffer from depression & I
» really want to commit suicide but don’t want to hurt my poor mother
» anymore.
»
» Heart disease is hereditary in my family & I sometimes get chest pains &
» am often short of breath.I don’t know if i have a blocked artery or if it’s
» just anxiety but I am not going to the doctor for a check up because I
» would love to have a heart attack & die.If I die from natural causes my mum
» will still be destroyed but at least she will be spared from more
» embarrassment.
»
» I was so certain that ICX was going to give me my life back only to be
» heart broken when they failed.Their idea was based on cutting edge science
» so I was positive I would have an entire head of hair in no time.I really
» got my hopes up only to be devastated.
»
»
» I know the new messages here about Follica & Acell are no guarantee that I
» will one day get my life back but I just want to thank you guys for going
» out of your way to try & find a cure or find news that can give us some
» hope.The TV rarely reports on these sorts of things so I really appreciate
» you guys bombarding this board with info.I have become such a pessimistic
» person that I really don’t think that these things will work but I do
» appreciate your efforts. Please keep the information coming as it’s all I
» have.
»
» I am sorry for the rant but It’s just my way of apologising in advance for