Heparinoid for hair loss? Any chemists in the house?

So I was surfing the web doing research when I stumbled upon this patent.
The active ingredient is Sucralfate.

It has now surprisingly been observed that after 3-4 weeks of two daily applications of an ointment containing 10% w/w of sucralfate, there was appearance of hair in the otherwise bald lateral-frontal areas in a 40-year-old male who had a normal common male-pattern baldness. At the beginning, a “plume” appeared in the area, and after a few days the “plume” began turning into real hairs and 8 days after, there were dozens of real hairs which were indistinguishable from other hairs of the scalp, apart from being shorter and all coloured, in contrast to the existing hair, which was partially greyed.

Later I was researching topicals that can reduce scarring. I found a topical called Hirudoid Cream, that is supposed to have a remarkable affect in reducing inflammation, speeding healing, and reducing scars. The active ingredient is a Heparinoid called mucopolysaccharide polysulfuric acid ester. Now I’m no chemist and I’m not sure what all these big words mean, but I get lucking connecting the dots sometimes. I remember the patent mentioning mucopolysaccharides having potential to stimulate hair growth, and sulfated saccharides as an active ingredient. I’m not sure what relation mucopolysaccharide polysulfuric acid ester has to Sucralfate (if any), or what it might do if I put it on my head. I know Heparin can cause hair loss if taken internally, but this patent suggests that when applied topically, heparinoids can stimulate hair growth. I bought some Hirudoid cream to help my donor scar heal after my upcoming HT, but how will it affect my hair? Will it make it grow, or fall out? or nothing at all?
Anyway, I just thought I would bring this to your attention and see if anyone can shed some light.

Sucralfate is a complex sugar similar to mucopolysaccharide. To be precise it is a complex metal salt of sulfated sucrose.:slight_smile:

» Sucralfate is a complex sugar similar to mucopolysaccharide. To be precise
» it is a complex metal salt of sulfated sucrose.:slight_smile:

From what I understand mucopolysaccharide is another word for Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). Is there any reason to believe that mucopolysaccharide polysulfuric acid ester would have a similar action to sucralfate when applied topically?
The solution mentioned in the patent contained 10% sucralfate.
That active ingredient in Hirudoid Cream is only .3%, but it is still very effective for healing wounds and reducing scars. I wonder if it could promote hair growth as well. It should greatly reduce perifollicular fibrosis. It will also reduce inflammation and increase blood flow.

Sucralfate is mainly used for ulcer disease.

MPS are important components of connective tissues and so may be it can strengthen hair.

» So I was surfing the web doing research when I stumbled upon
» this
» patent

The patent is from 1990…

Even I visted that site sometime ago.
I was a little perplexed when I saw the studies were done nearly two decades ago.
If it is really effective why is it not commonly prescribed?