Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Help, losing lots of hair using Rogaine foam

I used the foam yesterday the first time once in the morning and once at night. This morning when I shammpoo I lost tons of hair. Is this normal for the foam? Other than that i like the foam very much and want to continue using it.

» I used the foam yesterday the first time once in the morning and once at
» night. This morning when I shammpoo I lost tons of hair. Is this normal
» for the foam? Other than that i like the foam very much and want to
» continue using it.

stop using it immediately and dont use it again
all this stuff about shedding being a normal process are bull
I have never once seen this type of reaction to anything i have ever added to my regimen

stop using it now before you shed half your hair, most sheds do not regrow

wait a minute, all I’ve heard is that shedding, upon first using minox, is a sign that you’ll be a great responder to the topical and that its going to work really well. What’s the deal?

» wait a minute, all I’ve heard is that shedding, upon first using minox, is
» a sign that you’ll be a great responder to the topical and that its going
» to work really well. What’s the deal?

shed at your own risk
there are tons of shedding stories with all kinds of topicals that the shed never grew back

buyer beware

» I used the foam yesterday the first time once in the morning and once at
» night. This morning when I shammpoo I lost tons of hair. Is this normal
» for the foam? Other than that i like the foam very much and want to
» continue using it.

Been on it for 5 weeks, weeks 2 and 3 were definately shedding weeks, forth week it stabilised. Temples heaps of fine hairs, which had not seen a hair there for …25 - 30 years! Crown, hard to say just yet. Overall, it’s more a positive than a negative …at this stage. Guess its your call (fastforward).

I really like the product I can precisely target the weak areas without having the liquid dripping all over my foreheard. I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow hope I have better news to report.

» I really like the product I can precisely target the weak areas without
» having the liquid dripping all over my foreheard. I am keeping my fingers
» crossed for tomorrow hope I have better news to report.

There are too many shed stories with this foam stuff. Thats why i never touched it, but to say ‘most sheds never regrow’ is abit odd. So a product has the ability to cause permanent hair loss in such a short amount of time, which will never regrow? any science behind this? with the Spectral stuff, i might have had a tiny bit of shed, over all its the best product i have ever used, but then again ive used only 3. Rogain, revivogen (gave me sides) and spectral dnc.

The shed continues this morning, something is not right. It’s not as bad as yesterday but still more hair loss than normal. The only difference is that yesterday i used both Nizoral and the foam and today I only use Johnson’s baby shampoo.

» The shed continues this morning, something is not right. It’s not as bad as
» yesterday but still more hair loss than normal. The only difference is that
» yesterday i used both Nizoral and the foam and today I only use Johnson’s
» baby shampoo.

You’ve just started using foam, from my experience and researching shitloads in forums you’re in for about 2-3 weeks worth of shedding. Hard to swallow I know, because I had second thoughts also going thru this phase. Besides me knowing, others were telling me I was losing hair, just told them it was a side effect from high blood pressure medication, hoping that the shedding phase stops and regrowth starts, which I believe it has after 5 weeks. If conscious about it, wear a cap if possible or try to keep low for a while. Just grin and bear it, knowing things will turn around in a month or so.

» » The shed continues this morning, something is not right. It’s not as bad
» as
» » yesterday but still more hair loss than normal. The only difference is
» that
» » yesterday i used both Nizoral and the foam and today I only use
» Johnson’s
» » baby shampoo.
»
» You’ve just started using foam, from my experience and researching
» shitloads in forums you’re in for about 2-3 weeks worth of shedding. Hard
» to swallow I know, because I had second thoughts also going thru this
» phase. Besides me knowing, others were telling me I was losing hair, just
» told them it was a side effect from high blood pressure medication, hoping
» that the shedding phase stops and regrowth starts, which I believe it has
» after 5 weeks. If conscious about it, wear a cap if possible or try to
» keep low for a while. Just grin and bear it, knowing things will turn
» around in a month or so.

Yes dude… i am in my 3rd week too… and sheding quite alot… FDA approve this stuff and if it cause people to be bald just by applying for 2 to 3 weeks… then FDA might have made a big messed up… it should be a hair inhibitor.